Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Default Re: F Royce White, Rockets at odds with agreement to help with anxiety over flying

I saw on ESPN earlier that currently his issue was at their suggestion for him to join the d-league. LOL. Come on man.

Fire Dwane Casey

Default Re: F Royce White, Rockets at odds with agreement to help with anxiety over flying

Wow please void this guys contract

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Welp reading through this I can see that some people still don't understand, it's not about the flying, that's merely a symptom of the larger problem which are his disorders. Drugs won't do anything for that except just to sedate him but once they wear off it all comes back. And he can, and will, meltdown like he did, and may still be doing.

What confuses the SHIT out of me is how this happened in the first place. How is it that, knowing allll of this before you snagged him, this wasn't set in stone completely before training camp even started? Royce is undoubtedly handling this wrong (SURPRISE! Another young athlete making bad decisions), but the Rockets didn't seem to really protect their investment here.

This is a bizarre situation, and I hope a resolution can be found. If it means Royce takes a year off basketball so be it, but I'd love to see this guy get on the court and produce because he def. has talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
    Welp reading through this I can see that some people still don't understand, it's not about the flying, that's merely a symptom of the larger problem which are his disorders. Drugs won't do anything for that except just to sedate him but once they wear off it all comes back. And he can, and will, meltdown like he did, and may still be doing.

What confuses the SHIT out of me is how this happened in the first place. How is it that, knowing allll of this before you snagged him, this wasn't set in stone completely before training camp even started? Royce is undoubtedly handling this wrong (SURPRISE! Another young athlete making bad decisions), but the Rockets didn't seem to really protect their investment here.

This is a bizarre situation, and I hope a resolution can be found. If it means Royce takes a year off basketball so be it, but I'd love to see this guy get on the court and produce because he def. has talent.

Right on all points.

I usually hit open layups

darn had him winning ROTY too guess that prediction didnt fly

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MontaEllis24
    darn had him winning ROTY too guess that prediction didnt fly
    That's so bad that it's good.

I don't get the people who think that he's entitled to special treatment. There are millions of people in America and in the world for that matter who suffer from anxiety disorders and have to take on lower stress jobs that they can manage in order to pay bills and put food on the table. Yet he should get 1.8 Mill to miss practices, have twitter rants, hold his team hostage, and refuse to report to the team unless his demands are met. At the end of the day, yes it's basketball but it's also a job. One that if you can't do, you pick a different profession.

Serious playground baller TheGreatBlaze's Avatar

Just give the dude a couple lorazepam or xanax. Anxiety. Gone.

at first when i watch the video on grantland, i feel bad for this dude
    but now i'm thru with it, i'm tired of his bitchass lame excuses
    if you won't fly, dont take an nba job

rockets fo need to stop providing anything royce demand
    he ain't done nothing yet for the franchise

The guy is literally filling up my Twitter feed with retweets and making a real point of taking issue with Houston and the way things are going between the franchise and his 'needs'.

I had so much sympathy for the guy just a matter of days ago, but the more he spouts off on Twitter, the less I'm on his side. I don't see him working with the team towards some sort of solution, or if such solution doesn't exist, then a compromise. Instead he's sat there tweeting every hour of every day 'venting'. I also have issue with the fact he's basically coming off as that he has some sort of right to get playing time, that the D-League is beneath him, and that if Houston don't play him, it's because of his anxiety issues and not down to the fact he's missing practices/games and missed a chunk of training camp.

Terrence Jones, Montiejunas were there from the beginning. Jones especially had an impressive pre-season. But now neither are playing much if at all. Which makes it even harder for me to believe that White is being victimized. He needs to take his lumps and earn his playing time like any mid-1st round pick on a team trying to get into the playoffs.

It's such a sad situation though, for all concerned. I'm just disappointed at Royce's approach to everything. From the outside looking in, he's doing himself NO favours.

how does he get into the nba with some mental disorder shit like this?

Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2
    how does he get into the nba with some mental disorder shit like this?
    Because he is a top 5 pure talent if you ignore his potential mental issues.

Point forward with PG vision, tight handles for a big.
    Can shoot the jumper and has great post game.
    Big enough to play PF, quick enough to play SF at times.
    Rebounds like a boss.
    This guy was basically a upgraded Lamar Odom on crack.

Rockets took a chance. Looks like it is blowing up on us right now. Don't know if White's career as a Rocket, or even in the NBA, can be saved right now.
    Last edited by noob cake; 11-15-2012 at 05:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake

Rebounds like a boss.

Rockets took a chance. Looks like it is blowing up on us right now. Don't know if White's career as a Rocket, or even in the NBA, can be saved right now.
    Good post.

What everyone is failing to understand is, the risk to pick White was a good risk. Sure it might not of come off this time, but if you can snag a top 5 talent and he ends up panning out, you then have more than just a role player who you could of picked at 16, which are a dime a dozen.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake

Rebounds like a boss.

I thought he was a terrible shooter

So a glorified Boris Diaw is now a Top 5 talent?

It's a unique skill set but people seem to be confusing 'unique' with 'Elite'

The Rockets working to help him doesn't mean they need to do everything 100% the way he'd like it done. Listening to him talk, he sounds like a spoiled baby. I don't doubt for 1 second his issues, but he doesn't sound at all like a person trying to get better. Everything is me me me, do it like i want, do it like i need. It really reminds me of a drug addict blaming others for not allowing him to get better so they can keep taking drugs. I think it's easy, he blames them, and doesn't need to play, to fly, because the rockets "won't allow him to".