Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: I thught Chigaco was a horrible team with out Rose?

Quote Originally Posted by stephanieg
    One reason Rose gets extra hype is because he is athletic and makes impressive looking layups. People don't care about boring productive players who make simple plays.
    How is he Hyped? Hes an exciting player. People enjoy watching him, but thats as far as it goes. What are people saying thats hyping him? Is he being compared to Magic Johnson? Or being called better Isiah Thomas? He deserved the MVP in 2011. The Heat underachieved, and the Magic did their usual 50 wins.

Book 'em Dan'l

You play good defense, you get plenty of chances to win games. That is Chicago's motto right now. On top of that, Hinrich has been ok holding ground while Rose is out.

Rose being out may have forced Noah to improve even more, maybe even Deng. It most certainly has gotten something out of Boozer...something we haven't seen in his time as a Bull.

Rose adds more wins...but mostly, he makes them a championship contender. This team is not a championship contender without him. They're unlikely to get out of the first round. They aren't as good as Miami or New York or Boston when the playoffs start (no matter what Doc tries to do about it). They're not as good as Brooklyn, based on that talent. They're probably not as good as the Pacers.

Put Westbrook on this team and they win 70+ many times and would break their own record multiple times. Westbrook is basically a rich mans DRose with unlimited stamina/durability/passion. DRose is in one of the best positions in NBA history and the guy can't stay healthy to save his life. Shame.

They can thank the refs for beating Toronto. That game led to yet another official apology from the NBA due to 'incorrect' officiating. That's the 3rd or 4th this year now.

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    Put Westbrook on this team and they win 70+ many times and would break their own record multiple times. Westbrook is basically a rich mans DRose with unlimited stamina/durability/passion. DRose is in one of the best positions in NBA history and the guy can't stay healthy to save his life. Shame.

I rule the local playground Chicago Brawls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    Pair Rose with Durant and you will have a dynasty.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    you seriously started watching basketball yesterday? bulls have been first in the east the last 2 seasons when rose was healthy.

vs chris paul
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8FAmOjKF_k

vs melo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5bFtysx30o

these kids are so uneducated guessers.
    being 1st seed is overrated, as we found out last 2 years. its time for the bulls to step up in the playoffs now. #1 seed is nice of course, but it doesnt mean anything if miami exposes you again (with your full roster).

btw, shumpert looked good in his game back. he has no fear, which might not be a good thing considering what he is coming back from. wonder if rose will play the same way, or if hes gonna tone it down. shump definitely didnt which is why coaching staff will be careful with his minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago Brawls
    Pair Rose with Durant and you will have a dynasty.
    not if rose never plays

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    not if rose never plays

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Joey3000
    Not saying Rose doesnt help, just think he is overrated. He is ranked ahead of guys like:

Westbrook, Rondo, Harden Yet to me he is not clearly better than any of them.

Rondo would be an improvment on defense and would also make scoring easier for the guys around him.

Westbrook and Harden would both bring the same thing Rose brings.

Not bashing Rose, just dont get the hype.
    You should have been on these boards when Rondo was being compared to Rose and maybe you were?

I guess it was debatable early 2009, but the head to head was a total destruction on Rose's behalf. He didn't just totally outplayed him it was humiliation. In the last two playoff games, in probably the best playoff series ever, Rose held Rondo to .243 shooting percentage while Rose shot .490 and was making game winners. 23ppg vs 8ppg. While assist was 15pg to 5 Rose was the primary scorer on that team which wasn't like the Thibes team later on.

So this board was hyped with haters like you saying Rondo's better... Rondo had another game where he shot .200 percent (2 for 10). In the same game Rose shot .682 for 39 points to Rondo's 4 points and had more assist than him. Twice Rondo was in front of Rose and somehow Rose was dunking with-in two seconds without a pick or anything. Not that H2H's are a great indicator, but they make you think twice when one looks like a mentor. After 2011 hits Boston like Rondo to Rose never really plays on the same level.

There was a Rose MVP post last week and this thread is just an extension of the hate there.

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by secund2nun
    Rose had nothing to do with the defense and rebounding yet got all of the praise for carrying the mediocre offense with his 8-23 shooting games.
    The ignorance in this thread is shocking.

In his 2011 MVP season, Rose shot 45% from the field, basically Kobe's career percentage from the floor. He also shot over 30% from 3, which is pretty good and was a stark improvement in his game.

He also dished out 8 assists a game to go with his 25 ppg average. He had great feel for the game, and single handedly took over games when the Bulls were down, even in bad shooting nights, and snatched wins for them. So to say the Bulls success was exclusively due to defense is absolutely wrong. Rose played a HUGE role on that team.

He was a deserving MVP in 2011. Context destroyed the arguments for Dwight, LeBron, and Wade. You sound absolutely foolish.

The Bulls are successful in the regular season because they have a great coach who gets them to play hard, every night. They play defense and rebound, every night. But with Rose as the lone star who can create for himself and others consistently ... he's the difference between first round exit and ECF competition.

With more legit star help to distract defenses, I shutter to think about what he could do with more ISO coverages. The only reason Miami slowed him down was cause they zoned up on drives, and had LeBron try and stay in front of him and contest any jumpers. They knew no one else could take over for the Bulls.

Bulls are a great regular season team, but in the playoffs Rose needs a much better 2nd scoring option. No disrespect to Noah and Deng.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Bulls are a great regular season team, but in the playoffs Rose needs a much better 2nd scoring option. No disrespect to Noah and Deng.

Boozer?

And the Bulls are a good playoff team too. They could beat any team in the East, with the exception of the Heat.
    Last edited by BuffaloBill; 01-19-2013 at 04:39 PM.

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
    Boozer?
    Neither is Boozer. Or Belenelli or Hinrich. They don't have a LEGIT #2 guy.