Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Ben Affleck Is The New Batman

Quote Originally Posted by Killbot
    This is why animated Batman will always be greater. Don't have to worry about stupid shit like this.
    Mmmmhhhhhmmm

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    Time flies by, all the well known quality actors are nearing their 40s or 50s. Robert Downey Jr is 48, I have no idea how he is gonna last through 3 more Marvel movies. I can't even name any great actors in 20-30 year old range that are getting lead roles in blockbusters.
    They will in another 10 years. Lead action roles seem to go to guys in their mid 30s - early 40s. Old enough to demand respect but young enough to pull attractive younger women. This generation is slowly moving out, but it isn't a 10 year thing. Stallone and Arnie are still having a go at the action genre.

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    They will in another 10 years. Lead action roles seem to go to guys in their mid 30s - early 40s. Old enough to demand respect but young enough to pull attractive younger women. This generation is slowly moving out, but it isn't a 10 year thing. Stallone and Arnie are still having a go at the action genre.
    Yea but nowadays Stallone and Arnie are like the middle class, they ain't Robert Downey, Bale, Dicaprio, Cruise, Will Smith level. Their movies just do ok in the box office mostly thanks to their past fame but critically they aren't received that well.

raep tiem

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCallahan
    Hamm is only good at comedy.
    Yea, Mad Men is hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    Yea but nowadays Stallone and Arnie are like the middle class, they ain't Robert Downey, Bale, Dicaprio, Cruise, Will Smith level. Their movies just do ok in the box office mostly thanks to their past fame but critically they aren't received that well.
    Well I don't mean that they are at the top, just that they are still in the game. Arnie's career didn't get huge until he was in his mid 30s (he was 34 in Conan, 37 in T1, and 44 in T2). It is an older guys game.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by b1imtf
    Yea, Mad Men is hilarious
    I was thinking 30 Rock, Bridesmaids. Gut's done more than one thing y'know.

Saw a basketball once

Who is next? Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter?

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
    Since when did people hate on Ben Affleck?

Hes a good actor and should do just fine as batman.

People just don't like change, I remember when Pierce Brosnan was done being Bond, or when Matt Damon was done with Jason Bourne, and everyone tripped out when they heard about their replacements, and then both of those movies were great after.
    And I believe people are predisposed on the Ben Affleck of the early 2000s. He's come a long way as an actor and more serious artist.

People do mature. Sean Penn is a perfect example

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan
    Who is next? Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter?

Lucy Lawless and Kelsey Grammer please.

Lucy Lawless is 45 now, might be a bit over the hill?

Just get that chick from Watchmen that looks like her

Banned

this chick for wonder woman

Quote Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend

You and your lazy script analysis. First 'Citizen Kane' and now this.

There's a lot more to 'Mad Men' than that.
    Yeah, anyone who calls Mad Men a soap opera is clearly not engaging with the show. That is totally fine because I wouldn't expect everybody to love it but damn that's a shitty interpretation of the show.

I think Hamm definitely has the Bruce Wayne look down but I don't know if he would translate into an action star. At least he would have a dog shit "Batman" voice like Bale.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    this chick for wonder woman

^She is beautiful enough for me to pay the $9 the movie will cost just to see her. Not sure how she would fit into an action role like Wonder Woman but I would love to see her get a shot at it.

matt damon is gonna be robin, early pictures from the set

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Yeah, anyone who calls Mad Men a soap opera is clearly not engaging with the show. That is totally fine because I wouldn't expect everybody to love it but damn that's a shitty interpretation of the show.

I think Hamm definitely has the Bruce Wayne look down but I don't know if he would translate into an action star. At least he would have a dog shit "Batman" voice like Bale.

^She is beautiful enough for me to pay the $9 the movie will cost just to see her. Not sure how she would fit into an action role like Wonder Woman but I would love to see her get a shot at it.
    She did Percy Jackson as Athena's daughter, basically the same shit. Not sure she's the best actor but she a 10/10 and would put butts in the seats IMO.

Give her a good script and story and it can be a badass summer blockbuster. Im hoping for a mixture of Thor and 300 if a Wonder Woman movie does get made.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

There's pretty much every take available in here already, so I'm just gonna hit on a couple bullet points of my opinions.

* Affleck is a good actor. Not great, but good. He was good in his own movies. He showed chops early on in his Kevin Smith stuff. He showed chops even before that in even smaller roles, like his bit piece in Dazed and Confused. He was excellent in Good Will Hunting. And my favorite thing he's done is probably State of Play, which was an excellent flick.

* Affleck is a great director. Sort of not on topic, but whatever. Everything he's done so far has been top notch. His style reminds me a great deal of Clint Eastwood as a director. And I'd love to see him take a stab at a western.

* Bale was not the be all end all as Batman. Those movies were great because of great scripts, killer direction, top notch set pieces, and reached their apex with a killer villain. And the movies really rank out as how good the villains were. Bale is a spectacular actor. But the Batman role wasn't something that expressed that fact.

* Affleck will be fine as Batman. He's got the charm to play Wayne. And like RMWG pointed out, as with Clooney, he'll probably make a better Wayne than Batman, but if this movie is succedes it won't because of what Batman does. It'll require good villains and direction and plot, which I have little faith in. All that said, I wish he didn't take it, because I preferred the direction he was going in as a Noir director and character actor.

* Hamm would've been interesting. He is in fact probably a little old. He is in fact a great comedian, and does really well in comedic roles. But he has a great smoldering intensity to him that would've played well. I immediately think of him as the Fed bought in to catch Affleck in The Town.

* I'm no comic book buff, and I know the DC universe thing has it's roots. But my interpretation of Batman just doesn't jive with a world in which Superman exists. So I'm not sure how this works out anyway. I'd be more interested in Affleck having this role if it meant he took over directorial reigns, because I trust him immensely as a director.