Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Kobe and Howard apparently got into a "heated exchange"

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    it was really uncomfortable watching kobe trying to win the game last night, but really what other choice did the lakers have? kobe and dwight both need to put their big boy pants on and get their sh!t together asap. kobe needs to be the bigger man and approach dwight because we sure as hell know dwight isn't going to.
    I agree. If Howard was smart he's shut up and listen to Kobe and Nash because he can learn a lot about winning and leadership from those 2. But Kobe as the veteran needs to do what Shaq never did with him and that's reach out to Dwight and be the bigger man. But this whole story is BS so people are getting worked up over nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    Pretty obvious it happened. Corn ball was taking shots at Bean in the media the other day.

Kobe knows the nerves to hit in an argument haha, going for the jugular.

LOL!! The Black Mamba don't play.

I love Net fans trying to pawn off Lopez for Dwight. He's a huge injury risk, there is no way that would happen. Lopez stepped wrong and the Nets sat him down for three weeks. People don't want to talk about it because it's not a happy topic but is anyone here telling me there is not another foot injury in his future? And the Lakers take that huge contract for four years?

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by joshwake
    more proof that Kobe is just a horrible leader.

This. Kome was ever a leader, just another story of Kome chasing another bigs off the team. Nothing new here....

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    He'll just stay. He's not leaving to go to Dallas or Atlanta with lesser teams. The Lakers can retool in 2014 with him, and no Kobe.
    How?

Some people here actually believe the NYDaily?

7/11/14 We Witness NattyPButter's Avatar

The Lakers will stay on the path they are when u have Kobe chucking up shots all the time. He is not a great leader at all. You have 2 bigs on the team putting up high percentage shots last night but all u want to do is get your 30pt. He's wants to beat records more then he wants that championship this year. Ppl need to get off his nuts and realize the crap he is doing isn't right for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by NattyPButter
    The Lakers will stay on the path they are when u have Kobe chucking up shots all the time. He is not a great leader at all. You have 2 bigs on the team putting up high percentage shots last night but all u want to do is get your 30pt. He's wants to beat records more then he wants that championship this year. Ppl need to get off his nuts and realize the crap he is doing isn't right for the team.
    I don't see anyone gripping about Kevin Durant when he chucks up shots.

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by NattyPButter
    You have 2 bigs on the team putting up high percentage shots last night but all u want to do is get your 30pt. He's wants to beat records more then he wants that championship this year.
    I'm not hating, but I thought it was obvious myself. You can almost see the thought bubble in Kobe's mind while playing. It's not subtle.

I don't understand WHY he'd be playing like this if he was actually trying to win a ring. He didn't play like that in 2008, when his ability level was much higher.

Like you said it seems like here on out it's about personal records, getting that 30 ppg, proving he can still play, etc than it is about playing for a ring.

Bay Areaaaaaaaaaaa! DavisWarriorsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingLeBronJames
    I don't see anyone gripping about Kevin Durant when he chucks up shots.
    Sixers don't even complain about Allen Iverson when he chucks up shots. And they still play defense. People say Kobe is the problem He's shooting too much. That's why they're not playing defense. LAKERS SUCK ON DEFENSE. That's the real problem. Defense has been horrible since pre-season. Even when Kobe was only playing 20 minutes in the preseason their defense is horrible. I question some poster's basketball IQ here. Or even watch the games instead of looking at the Final scores and player's stats.

I love Net fans trying to pawn off Lopez for Dwight. He's a huge injury risk, there is no way that would happen. Lopez stepped wrong and the Nets sat him down for three weeks. People don't want to talk about it because it's not a happy topic but is anyone here telling me there is not another foot injury in his future? And the Lakers take that huge contract for four years?
    Well to be fair some Laker posters swear that for them Lopez fits better than Dwight.

Be careful what you wish for

Pistons Owns Lakers DetroitPistonFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gasolina
    Well to be fair some Laker posters swear that for them Lopez fits better than Dwight.

Lopez is not better than Dwight. Lopez is in the same level as Pau. Even prime Pau. But they're both no hall of famers.

Are there any real sources for this? It seems the sources that are vaguely reliable say this is all made up.

Quote Originally Posted by gasolina

Yeah, they think LA's defense is shit, Lopez will make them softer than a tit.

Are there any real sources for this? It seems the sources that are vaguely reliable say this is all made up.
    Dwight's mouth piece says it's not true so do you believe him?