Fenerbahce
    Besiktas

French League:

French Champion

German League:

Brose

Lithuanian League:

Zalgiris
    Rytas (if Valencia does not make the ACB Finals)

Adriatic League:

Partizan
    Cedevita
    Olimpija

Israeli League:

Maccabi

+ Wild Card #1
    + Wild Card #2

+ Winner of the Qualification Tournament

Qualification round (in order of ranking):

1. Rytas (if not qualified directly)

2. Gravelines (French League regular season winner)

3. Ulm (German League runner-up)

4. Buducnost (from Adriatic League)

5. Charleroi (Belgian League Champion)

6. Donetsk (Ukrainian League Champion)

7. Prokom (Polish League Champion)

8. Lukoil Academic (Bulgarian League Champion)

9. Den Bosch (Dutch League Champion)

10. VEF Riga (Latvian League Champion)

Only 8 teams will get a place in the qualification round.

Italy and Greece lost places, as Bertomeu preferred a, "wild card system" instead...........................

I can't believe this. Now they are freaking giving two places each season in the regular season via WILD CARD.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 05-30-2012 at 09:26 AM.

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Default Re: Euroleague 2012-13 Teams

In what way does Malaga deserves to play ? They didnt even make playoffs in Endesa .

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    In what way does Malaga deserves to play ? They didnt even make playoffs in Endesa .
    They are a Spanish club. They have a big budget. They have a big arena with good attendance. Thus, they are a "Euroleague club", per the current criteria.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 06-01-2012 at 08:43 AM.

So rytas will be in.. most likely. It's gonna be a disaster with Dzikic lol.

They do NOT deserve it. F*ck

The word is that Partizan will get the license.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    The word is that Partizan will get the license.
    I heard that Sartak Sankt Peterburg will get the lincese too . EL will take two spots from ABA and give it to Great Britain and Russia so by giving Partizan licence they give another team from ABA to play in EL

I heard that Sartak Sankt Peterburg will get the lincese too . EL will take two spots from ABA and give it to Great Britain and Russia so by giving Partizan licence they give another team from ABA to play in EL
    Spartak doesn't meet the arena requirement. Great Britain? You are joking right.

Spartak doesn't meet the arena requirement. Great Britain? You are joking right.
    I read that Partizan and they will get it but I only care aboute Partizan getting licence so it doesnt matter to me . No I m not joking . ABA will lose one spot that will go to Russia and its yet to be decided will ABA lose one more place that will go to Great Britain . We all know that EL is only interested in money so I m not supprised with GB potentionaly getting a place in El .

I read that Partizan and they will get it but I only care aboute Partizan getting licence so it doesnt matter to me . No I m not joking . ABA will lose one spot that will go to Russia and its yet to be decided will ABA lose one more place that will go to Great Britain . We all know that EL is only interested in money so I m not supprised with GB potentionaly getting a place in El .
    If Great Britain gets a place then the Euroleague needs to lose our support. This is getting too ridiculous.

Can you imagine the scores of the games?

Panathinaikos 108 - Newcastle 36..................

I wonder how Partizan is going to meet the budget requirements to have a license? They have to rent the big arena and then they have to maintain a much higher budget. At least that is based on how Euroleague was saying the new contract rules work.

Is Partizan getting a new sponsor now if they get the contract?

As for Spartak, their new arena is supposed to be 7,000 capacity. So I don't see how they can get the contract, when the rule is 10,000 to get a contract. Spartak's old arena is also about 7,000 capacity I think. So it makes no sense to take the contract away from Siena, because they lack the arena, and give it to Spartak, who also lacks it.

Unless Spartak is going to use the hockey arena.....but then why the hell would they have built a new arena then? That seems like a waste of money. Unless maybe they use the new arena just for VTB games and play in the hockey arena for Euroleague. I don't know, that seems weird to me.

Surely, someone else has a better pitch to Euroleague to get the contract. If the arenas are such a huge issue with Euroleague, then you would think someone like ALBA would get the contract.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 06-09-2012 at 08:09 AM.

If Great Britain gets a place then the Euroleague needs to lose our support. This is getting too ridiculous.

Can you imagine the scores of the games?

Panathinaikos 108 - Newcastle 36..................

I wonder how Partizan is going to meet the budget requirements to have a license? They have to rent the big arena and then they have to maintain a much higher budget. At least that is based on how Euroleague was saying the new contract rules work.

Is Partizan getting a new sponsor now if they get the contract?

As for Spartak, their new arena is supposed to be 7,000 capacity. So I don't see how they can get the contract, when the rule is 10,000 to get a contract. Spartak's old arena is also about 7,000 capacity I think. So it makes no sense to take the contract away from Siena, because they lack the arena, and give it to Spartak, who also lacks it.

Unless Spartak is going to use the hockey arena.....but then why the hell would they have built a new arena then? That seems like a waste of money. Unless maybe they use the new arena just for VTB games and play in the hockey arena for Euroleague. I don't know, that seems weird to me.

Surely, someone else has a better pitch to Euroleague to get the contract. If the arenas are such a huge issue with Euroleague, then you would think someone like ALBA would get the contract.
    Partizan can play in Belgrade Arena I could get more sponsors but no way that budget will be more than 5-6 , it will probably be same like this year . Today Todoric ( BC Partizan sport director ) said that Armani has better chances to get the licence so Partizan wont get it but no one here takes him sereusly because a lot of times when he says something wont happen it happens . As for Spartak I alsow heard that its between them and Partizan for licence not them and Partizan but I dont know what site got it wright . I think EL needs to help contries that are bad in basketball but not by giving them direct place in EL . For example I heard that Partizan , PAO , CSKA and Barcelona are going to play in a turnament in Dubai ( Obradovic is there so he probably organised it ) to make basketball more popular there . But it would be better if they played in more cities and more countries like Hungary , Great Britain , Sweden , Portugal , Ukrain so in futur basketball can get more popular there and so they can have some good teams in future . EL needs more money and they cant get it if richer countries have bad teams and dont care aboute basketball , with more money players will stay in Europe and wont go to the NBA .

Partizan can play in Belgrade Arena I could get more sponsors but no way that budget will be more than 5-6 , it will probably be same like this year . Today Todoric ( BC Partizan sport director ) said that Armani has better chances to get the licence so Partizan wont get it but no one here takes him sereusly because a lot of times when he says something wont happen it happens . As for Spartak I alsow heard that its between them and Partizan for licence not them and Partizan but I dont know what site got it wright . I think EL needs to help contries that are bad in basketball but not by giving them direct place in EL . For example I heard that Partizan , PAO , CSKA and Barcelona are going to play in a turnament in Dubai ( Obradovic is there so he probably organised it ) to make basketball more popular there . But it would be better if they played in more cities and more countries like Hungary , Great Britain , Sweden , Portugal , Ukrain so in futur basketball can get more popular there and so they can have some good teams in future . EL needs more money and they cant get it if richer countries have bad teams and dont care aboute basketball , with more money players will stay in Europe and wont go to the NBA .
    Earlier, Euroleague was saying that clubs had to maintain a 10 million euros budget to have a contract. That's why I wondered about Partizan getting a contract. It also makes me wonder about Prokom. They used to have a decent budget, but not anymore.

So if that is true, then it means Milano would be the club that actually gets the contract.