Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Truth Seeker

Default strange happenings in louisiana

lifted this from a thread:

I live in an apartment complex across the street from my university, so it's almost 100% college students who live here. There is one 40-something man who lives here as well, and he's kind of in the story.

It started last Wednesday, I think. I live with my girlfriend and two other guys we knew in high school. There's a shuttle that runs back and forth between the apartment complex and the university, since so many college kids live here. Well, if you are walking to our apartment from the bus stop, you can see our balcony and two bedroom windows.
    Wednesday, my girlfriend and one of the guys who lives here were walking home from the bus stop and looked up at our apartment. Normally we keep all the blinds shut because the buildings here are close to each other and people will peek in your windows, but they noticed that the blinds in my girlfriend's room were open. They could clearly see me, sitting at the desk next to the window. I was looking at the computer. They called my name and waved to me, and they said I just sort of looked at them and then got up and walked away from the window. The thing is.. I wasn't home. I was in class. Sure enough, they got to the apartment and came in and I wasn't here, and they were all freaked out. They told me about it when I got home, and it kind of scared me too, since they saw this ghost thing that was pretending to be me, but we all kind of stopped talking about it.

Nothing interesting happened on Thursday, but Friday night all four of us were home and we were sitting in the living room watching TV. It was really late, probably between 2 and 3 AM. All of a sudden, we heard this horrific noise coming from the parking lot. It sounded almost like a pig being slaughtered. It was a series of really loud grunts and groans with occasional high pitched squeals. We all looked at each other in terror for a few seconds and then ran out onto the balcony to see what it was. Once we got outside, the noise was even louder, but it ended pretty quickly. Two of the guys ran downstairs to look around the parking lot but didn't see anything, and there were no other people about from what we could tell.
    The next day, I was standing at the bus stop and heard two girls talking about the noise that had woken them up last night. "Sounded like an animal being tortured." I said I heard it too, and that we had looked outside but saw nothing. They seemed freaked out.
    On Saturday, maintenance found two dead cats in the bushes next to one of the gates. I only know this because they sent out notices to everyone, trying to make sure no one was missing their cat or something.

Then, there was last night, and that was the thing that made me come here. I woke up in the middle of the night for no particular reason, and heard that it was POURING rain. I love when it rains at night, so I went to look out the window at the storm for a few minutes.
    To my horror, there was... something, in the parking lot. I don't know what the # it was. It looked like a tall man wearing a big coat, but there was just something not human about it. It was huddled against a lamp post that has been broken since we moved in, so I could see its outline but not any detail. I ran back to the bed and shook my girlfriend awake, bringing her to the window. By the time my girlfriend got to the window, the thing had moved and was crouching between two cars. My girlfriend thought it was a man being shady and called management, but no one picked up the 24-hour line. (That's happened before though when we called to report noise, so it isn't that freaky). The thing was moving around in between cars in the parking lot, staying mostly in the shadows.
    I went out on the balcony and after a few minutes she followed me out there. We watched it for a minute or two and then I just yelled, "Hey!" at it. It stood up at full height, and was definitely too tall to be a normal sized man. It looked around for a minute and fixed its eyes on the building across from us, and then crouched down again and bolted out of the parking lot.
    I looked up at where it had been staring on the building, and sitting out on his balcony smoking a cigarette was the 40-ish year old guy I mentioned before. He saw the whole thing too. I yelled, "What the # was that?" but he didn't answer me, just kept staring at where it had gone.

The next night, the people who live on the third floor (directly above us) just came down and asked us why we were banging on our ceiling, which would have meant they heard banging noises coming from their floor. We said we weren't banging on the ceiling, and they went back upstairs. It was a guy and a girl. Like two minutes later the guy came back and told us that when they walked back in their apartment, one of the dining room chairs had been turned over. Before he even left, the girl was back, saying that she heard more banging noises coming from the floor. But since their floor is our ceiling, you would assume that if something banged on either one, both of us would be able to hear it. No one heard anything in this apartment.
    They went back but I think they were a little spooked.

We went and talked to the 40-ish guy right after that. He's a little bit of a redneck and really superstitious. Says he's felt weird lately. He thinks the other night was actually the second time he saw the thing, the first time being a few days before. Apparently he was up really early in the morning, when it starts to get light but before the sun comes up, and out his window he saw something just standing by the front building of the apartment complex. Just standing there. He's pretty convinced they were the same thing.
    He's got a gun but doesn't want to shoot it, since this is mostly student housing and we aren't allowed to have guns.
    He also said he's been having dreams that something was watching him through the window, but has no indication that the dreams are of whatever's been in the parking lot. He could just be dreaming about it because he's been thinking about it.
    He told my roommates to stay inside and said to make sure our blinds are always closed. That's pretty much it.

Any ideas as to what it is??

Blu Ray

Default Re: strange happenings in louisiana

I love shit like this. There used to be a really great ghost story website that I used to spend hours and hours of my time reading. I'm pretty sure It's not around anymore. Most of the stories were pretty tame, but then you'd get one or two a night that we so incredibly detailed and equally frightening you had a hard time not believing the author.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by AtomSmasher
    lifted this from a thread:
    Jeeze thats pretty creepy.

Especially the banging on the floor.

Truth Seeker

Quote Originally Posted by pete's montreux
    I love shit like this. There used to be a really great ghost story website that I used to spend hours and hours of my time reading. I'm pretty sure It's not around anymore. Most of the stories were pretty tame, but then you'd get one or two a night that we so incredibly detailed and equally frightening you had a hard time not believing the author.
    http://theshadowlands.net/ghost/

what do you know about dopplegangers? very fascinating and terrifying concept.

Blu Ray

I was supposed to go on a huge ghost hunt with NeXus in 2008. Plans fell through, though.

Truth Seeker

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    That honestly just creeped the f*ck out of me... That rarely happens.

Could you link me to where you got this man?
    creeped me out too...

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread548003/pg1

Truth Seeker

you guys should come down to where i live in bucks county. just to give you a little background it's one of the most historical places in the united states. the town i grew up in, 'New Hope', Pennsylvania has been voted by numerous publications as the most haunted town in America. it's featured heavily in the link i provided (shadowlands)...George Washington lived here along with various revolutionary war figures.

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

That honestly just creeped the f*ck out of me... That rarely happens.

Could you link me to where you got this man?
    haha me too. I have to go to sleep now, damn it.

Blu Ray

Quote Originally Posted by AtomSmasher
    http://theshadowlands.net/ghost/

what do you know about dopplegangers? very fascinating and terrifying concept.
    Not much really, I stopped reading about that stuff a while back. I got really pissed off that the Danvers State mental asylum was being torn down and luxury apartments were being built over it. I really wanted to go there and when it got torn down I just kind of stopped caring about that shit.

I lived next to a construction foreman a long time ago, back when they were still tearing down the old buildings. He wasn't working on the project himself but he had buddies who were. Anyways, he told me a story of a guy who found a pretty nice wooden table that he brought home from the asylum to use in his living room. He ended up having all sorts of weird shit start happening after he brought the table home and ended up burning the thing in the backyard after a few weeks. The problems stopped.

http://www.danversstateinsaneasylum.com/home.html

I hate how when you read or hear something like this you automatically start to sense fear from your surroundings. You don't want to turn around in your chair and you realize it's late, very late at night indeed and this doesn't help the situation any. Fear is man's worst enemy.

Turn around in your chair and smack fear in the face.

Oh shit..

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

I love experiencing with the paranormal. Just a few weeks ago we went to an abandoned barn at around 12:00 am where supposedly you see a women dressed in white walking around at night. I swear to you we saw her, we saw a white figure left to the barn just floating around. It scared the **** out of us and we ran for it. Haven't been back since, but I want to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsKkCNHzALs

Blu Ray

Dude, you want to go on one somewhere in New England (no homo)? My friends are all b*tches, but I've been wanting to ghost hunt for a long ass time...
    I'm down, but it would have to be a pretty notorious place. Like Danvers State.

Blu Ray

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete
    I hate how when you read or hear something like this you automatically start to sense fear from your surroundings. You don't want to turn around in your chair and you realize it's late, very late at night indeed and this doesn't help the situation any. Fear is man's worst enemy.

Turn around in your chair and smack fear in the face.

Oh shit..
    Yep. Your mind literally starts working against you. You honestly become scared and paranoid and you have to psyche yourself out to like get up and turn the light on.

Blu Ray

I'm down for anywhere bad ass and crazy.
    I'm talking like no lights, completely dark, just us and some flashlights.

I'm going ghost hunting n*ggas!

Truth Seeker

I would definitely be into something like heading down there. I've wanted to do a road trip for a long ass time, why the f*ck not? You staying in Penn through the summer?
    yes man, i'll be all summer. it's a really special/beautiful little town. great night life too.

here is what your average street looks like:

ps - my old man painted that mural on that building.

here is a link about how haunted the area is:

http://www.unsolvedmysteries.com/usm464955.html

the road i currently live is has been dubbed "the most haunted road in America" by shadowlands as well. dark hollow road.