Page 39 of 63 FirstFirst ... 293637383940414249 ... LastLast

Default Re: NBA 2K13 Discussion

Will they provide the AS-weekend as a DLC later on?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive
    Will they provide the AS-weekend as a DLC later on?
    No word on that front. I personally feel very confident that it will be. I'm not sure, but I think I've read a few articles where it said 2K reps "stayed mum" on the topic of whether it'll eventually be DLC or not. I feel like if it weren't going to be DLC, they would have just flat out said, "Nope, the only chance is via pre-order."

Either way, I think it's kind of been a lame strategy. They tried to paint the All-Star Weekend as "a gift to consumers" but instead, it's felt more like an ultimatum, holding the ASW over our head so we'll pre-order while not divulging if there'd ever be another way of acquiring it.

I saw a video with all the ratings and it looks like the rosters are once again extremely incomplete. Every foreign player that signed in the NBA this summer (Shved, Teletovic, etc.) aren't in the game, Matt Barnes and McRoberts are on the Lakers, etc. Makes me wish I hadn't preordered this shit, I hate an incomplete product.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    I saw a video with all the ratings and it looks like the rosters are once again extremely incomplete. Every foreign player that signed in the NBA this summer (Shved, Teletovic, etc.) aren't in the game, Matt Barnes and McRoberts are on the Lakers, etc. Makes me wish I hadn't preordered this shit, I hate an incomplete product.
    calm down... all you saw is a video. its really easy for them to change things like that on the fly with updates.

but no, i'm sure that matt barnes and mcroberts will be on the lakers all season long.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    No word on that front. I personally feel very confident that it will be. I'm not sure, but I think I've read a few articles where it said 2K reps "stayed mum" on the topic of whether it'll eventually be DLC or not. I feel like if it weren't going to be DLC, they would have just flat out said, "Nope, the only chance is via pre-order."

Either way, I think it's kind of been a lame strategy. They tried to paint the All-Star Weekend as "a gift to consumers" but instead, it's felt more like an ultimatum, holding the ASW over our head so we'll pre-order while not divulging if there'd ever be another way of acquiring it.
    Really. I could see if it were some kind of game mode that 2K invented and they wanted to charge you for it, but it's freaking All Star Weekend, an official NBA event. But it's just on disc DLC. That's why they didn't put it on the PC version of the game. Not only do PC players always get shafted by 2K, but PC players could just unlock the DLC without having to pay extra for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    calm down... all you saw is a video. its really easy for them to change things like that on the fly with updates.

but no, i'm sure that matt barnes and mcroberts will be on the lakers all season long.
    Where did I say that Barnes and McRoberts will be on the Lakers all season, or anything close to that for that matter?

Sure, they can add the players in later and they'll probably end up being generic CAPs. Most of the foreign guys signed months ago so there's no reason for them not being in the game at launch. The video is from a guy that already has the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    Where did I say that Barnes and McRoberts will be on the Lakers all season, or anything close to that for that matter?

Sure, they can add the players in later and they'll probably end up being generic CAPs. Most of the foreign guys signed months ago so there's no reason for them not being in the game at launch. The video is from a guy that already has the game.
    Dude, they'll probably be on the launch day roster update.

That dribble stick, or whatever it's called, will be the death of me.

I know you can change it in the full game... I just feel so useless using it right now. How do you jab step with the new controls?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory

I know you can change it in the full game... I just feel so useless using it right now. How do you jab step with the new controls?
    I believe jab step is using the right stick without a dribble.

Banned

IGN nba 2k13 review for those interested:

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/09/28/nba-2k13-review

they gave it a 9.1

NBA Superstar

Banned

pretty sweet that they finally got barkley in the game

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory

I agree, it's taking me a bit to adjust. I might just change it back when I buy the game.

Banned

it takes a while to adjust but once you do the controls feel so much better than any sports game ever have.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Yea... for sure. Controls hard to get down but definitely much more versatile. I love how they finally stole the dribble stick idea from the dead NBA Live because I always loved crossing players over that way on the old Live games.