Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac
    So what do you do in the game?

Make a character? Train him? Someoneeee please fill me in.
    its a world where you can be and do what ever you want and if you always wanted to be a magician or a warrior, assasin, thief etc this is the game for you
    i love been a mage would be so cool if this shit was real lol

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Mainly just to prevent getting way too far before switching I'm gonna make a new Assassin/Thief right now. I'll get a Mage and Rogue to level 15 and decide which I will finish game with first. I almost always prefer Magic... but Rogue with high stealth+theft= unlimited wealth+ amazing ambushes.

Edit: OMG I just thought of something. Gonna level speech to 30 on mage (29 now) and buy the skill that allows you to bride guards to let go of crimes. This will allow me to steal from people and not have consequences basically.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 11-14-2011 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Yup. Besides the one involved in quests Dragons completely attack at random. A lot of times city guards will say as you're passing things like... "I hear there is a dragon attack going on at ---------" etc. You need to keep traveling and doing quests in different areas. Fast traveling a lot works too. I went back to Mage college to find out if I could get the updated spells yet... and a dragon appeared. I owned him.

Lebron.... I'd make sure you get a dog+companion right away. Will make life MUCH easier. I can tell you the location of all 3 dogs as well as companions if you need. One dog is a demonic possessed dog that's invincible but don't get him. He freaking pushes you all the time off cliffs, out of conversations and is VERY annoying.

Meeko is the dog I'm using now. He can be found at Meeko's Shack which is directly west of Morthal. When you get closer to the shack an icon will appear on the map that looks like a shack . He's not actually in the shack. He's on the road just south of the shack (literally like 20 yards away from shack).

Also for companion.... I told you guys I'm loving this Marcurio Arcane Mage guy. He's found in Riften inn/bar. He's incredibly powerful and I like his personality. He's basically Antonio Banderas with a bad attitude lol (his accent). He's also not a goody goody type. He WILL commit all crimes with/for you.

Another tip is.. buy a horse ASAP. They cost 500 and you can get 4 different color patterns at 4 different stables of Skyrim. It makes traveling much easier and more fun. Plus they are EXCELLENT at climbing steep mountains. Never park your horse next to a troll etc... or they WILL die. You need to be cautious of where you dismount. Wherever you fast travel (main cities) they will be there waiting for you upon arrival.
    yeah i really want to get a pet! so i guess you cant have a wolf as a companion?
    could i get the locations of all the dogs im doing the winterhold mage quest right now after i am done im going to get the dog

I'm on the edge with it. I'm going to buy a game for sure this week as a reward for doing well on my mid terms so I wanna know what this is all about.

Idk if its for my taste, I loved Fable , it kinda looks like it.
    Games I play : 2k (obv), GTA 4, Batman, Just Cause 2, UNC 1 2 3, AC 1 2 3
    sht like that.

I've watched some videos, like the mage thing. I need a game! Its been a while since I bought one.

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac
    I'm on the edge with it. I'm going to buy a game for sure this week as a reward for doing well on my mid terms so I wanna know what this is all about.

Idk if its for my taste, I loved Fable , it kinda looks like it.
    Games I play : 2k (obv), GTA 4, Batman, Just Cause 2, UNC 1 2 3, AC 1 2 3
    sht like that.

I've watched some videos, like the mage thing. I need a game! Its been a while since I bought one.
    if you liked fable i think you will like this you need to get this game asap!!
    300plus hours of gameplay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Banned

Oh lol. Yea dude... just do what I did and travel for companions+quests. You'll unlock so much of the map. 30+ percent of my map is filled with tons of unlocked landmarks lol. Do you have dog or companion yet?
    mine is concentrated near whiterun but so much space i realized on the map i never really zoomed out and fully took in how big the world is its HUGE!

no i haven't, i have faendal following me from Riverwood but other than being able to train and take my gold back he is useless against dragons and against bosses

the first thing i do when i get home is finding a legit companion and then dog i had no idea you could do that

i've been trying to buy a house so ive been looting the shit out of people's houses for gold and sellables but i forgot to save properly and i got booked in solitude and all my loot was "confiscated"

my ce

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz
    mine is concentrated near whiterun but so much space i realized on the map i never really zoomed out and fully took in how big the world is its HUGE!

no i haven't, i have faendal following me from Riverwood but other than being able to train and take my gold back he is useless against dragons and against bosses

the first thing i do when i get home is finding a legit companion and then dog i had no idea you could do that

i've been trying to buy a house so ive been looting the shit out of people's houses for gold and sellables but i forgot to save properly and i got booked in solitude and all my loot was "confiscated"
    Okay you're melee right? If so... try my companions. Meeko which on last page of this thread I told you where to find. Then get the Arcane Mage I have Marcurio as well. Go here. Most of this info on this page was actually posted by me.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Followers#Kharjo

Quote Originally Posted by LebronairJAMES
    yeah i really want to get a pet! so i guess you cant have a wolf as a companion?
    could i get the locations of all the dogs im doing the winterhold mage quest right now after i am done im going to get the dog

Most of this info is from me. I'd recommend trying the team I have now and letting me know what you think. Meeko the dog and Marcurio the Arcane Mage. If you're a Mage.. the dog will basically be tanking with two of you casting powerful spells safely behind. If you're a tank... you'll have a powerful ranged partner and an extra tank/damager with dog. Basically this team doesn't have any weaknesses. Especially if you can Conjure up a frost tank monster like I can.

Most of this info is from me. I'd recommend trying the team I have now and letting me know what you think. Meeko the dog and Marcurio the Arcane Mage. If you're a Mage.. the dog will basically be tanking with two of you casting powerful spells safely behind. If you're a tank... you'll have a powerful ranged partner and an extra tank/damager with dog. Basically this team doesn't have any weaknesses. Especially if you can Conjure up a frost tank monster like I can.
    thanks

The way people treat you based on skill/reputation is amazing. I'm in Windhelm and the guard said "I don't know what business a College Mage has in this city. I don't like your weird ways". Also a lot of guards will recognize me as Dragonborne or the Arch Mage of the college. I even intimidate a few guards and they will say things like "You're not even worth my time" when I just committed a crime in front of them LOL.

BTW if you're a Mage Lebronaire after you go get this dog and companion IMMEDIATELY go to Mage College and do the 5-7 hour quest line. You'll get most powerful robes in game, promoted to THE Arch Mage of Skyrim and.... you'll level a ton and experience a badass quest line in the process.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 11-14-2011 at 05:49 PM.

Clippersfan, where did you get your horse for $500? Mine cost $1000 at Whitehall.
    Where can I get a white one?

I just started again and I'm bypassing everything and going straight to the College.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Clippersfan, where did you get your horse for $500? Mine cost $1000 at Whitehall.
    Where can I get a white one?

I just started again and I'm bypassing everything and going straight to the College.
    Um... I may have the numbers wrong! I think I did pay 1000 for the horse. 1000 is easy as hell to get though. Every time I kill a dragon (Have killed 6 or 7 so far).... I get like 1000 gold worth easy when you combine gold+gems+bones+scales.

Markath= Pinto
    Riften= Dapple Grey
    Solitude=Palomino
    Windhelm= Bay with White blaze
    Whiterun= Very Dark Brown

These are horse colors/locations.

Dude right after/before college get those companions! What Mage style are you going? For someone like me who would rather enjoy the game and it's beauty than die a lot.. you should consider Conjuration/Healer like me. Very relaxed play style. I want to try destruction eventually... but the aiming system in these games are crap so it's not that fun for me.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 11-14-2011 at 06:24 PM.

Right now I'm about to join the Thieves Guild in Riften. I want to be a powerful Mage+ Thief to fund my magic training/houses etc I want.

Um... I may have the numbers wrong! I think I did pay 1000 for the horse. 1000 is easy as hell to get though. Every time I kill a dragon (Have killed 6 or 7 so far).... I get like 1000 gold worth easy when you combine gold+gems+bones+scales.

Dude right after/before college get those companions! What Mage style are you going? For someone like me who would rather enjoy the game and it's beauty than die a lot.. you should consider Conjuration/Healer like me. Very relaxed play style. I want to try destruction eventually... but the aiming system in these games are crap so it's not that fun for me.
    I'm still considering how I will make my pure mage.
    I pumped through a heap of the game as a Warrior, but I want to try something new. I went to the college, and I think I want to work out a way to get there right from the start.
    I need to decide a race between Breton or Imperial to begin with.
    Leaning towards Imperial, dont really want to be a conjurer. More so destruction/restoration.
    So after I escapte the dragon at the very start, I need to get to the College. Just rock up in my rags. Will be a challenge.