Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

Default Re: Official PS4 reviews by ISH members!

Thanks for all the feedback guys! Been reading this thread as of late, lot's of useful information!

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    It's great once you get used too it. What I mean by that is it's weird going from pressing the PS button in the middle of the console to it being lower, and the start button being the options button which is higher up on the right. The first two days I hit the touchpad a lot going for either of those. It's highly responsive, very clickable, doesn't seem to get stuck and probably won't. You won't ever hit it by accident once you adjust to the options button being where it is. And I guess the share button being where that is as well.

In killzone it's used for your owl and you swipe it to tell it where to go and what to do.

in battlefield it brings up battlelog and that's it basically.

in AC4 you can use it to bring up the map and then scroll around on the map using the touchpad. I prefer the thumbstick for scrolling around the map though.

in the UI I think it serves no function, but I haven't tried it there.
    How is Killzone? I'm thinking about getting it when I get my PS4.

Is it better than BF4? Never played a Killzone game

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    How is Killzone? I'm thinking about getting it when I get my PS4.

Is it better than BF4? Never played a Killzone game
    It's bad. Avoid it like the plague.

BF4 is better despite it's flaws.

National High School Star

Haven't played killzone since the first, I thought this one was suppose to be saweeetttt?

Why's it so horrible in your opinion?

Love Live Life

It's bad. Avoid it like the plague.

BF4 is better despite it's flaws.
    Why is it bad?

I've heard so many good things about the previous versions

I got a PS3 after an XBOX only for Killzone 3. I loved it, the clunky controls were hesitant to get used too. Once you get used to it, you should like it. It's more of a if you're bored hop on and kill time type of game. I don't think it would be terrible for PS4 especially since I heard the heavy player / controller like movement isn't as bad as the previous Killzone.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    Why is it bad?

I've heard so many good things about the previous versions
    It has a lot of flaws.

-there's not really any good maps. I've played on all of them multiple times. I like one of them.
    -The game modes are all weak.
    -Your character is slow, not necessarily bad but on a lot of the maps you could go out run for 20 seconds and get killed and have to do it all over again which leads too...
    -The servers aren't balanced by player level or skill. I'm probably below average at the game besides the snipers warzone thing. I'm good at that one. I'm in the 40s or so level wise, and constantly playing against people in the 100s now. So not only do they have a better feel for the game/are plainly better at it. They also have better weaponry.
    -The objective based warzones either rotate the objective in a game IE you go from protecting a generator to playing TDM to playing a capture the flag type mode all in the same lobby.
    -And nobody really plays the objective. I love objective based games. That's my shit. But I have yet to be on a team with randoms that actually play the objective. They want to play TDM, I realize it's a common complaint anyway amongst games but I think I've only won 2 games that aren't TDM based in 5-6 hours played. *
    -Matchmaking takes a long ass time until you get into a lobby. At which point it's faster loading the new maps/game types but you could be playing 5-2 until you get three new teammates. So you get slaughtered for a while. After you get that first game though and then you back out it reduces the load time a lot. I have no idea why it's that way though.

-Campaign is somewhat interesting but the controls for the owl (the droid that follows you around) are a bit wonky. Sometimes he hacks what I want him to instantly...sometimes I spend five minutes trying to get it to do what I want.

-Campaign has horrible pacing.

* I think and hope since 12 player TDM has been added this has changed but I doubt it.

Banned

;)

Love Live Life

It has a lot of flaws.

-there's not really any good maps. I've played on all of them multiple times. I like one of them.
    -The game modes are all weak.
    -Your character is slow, not necessarily bad but on a lot of the maps you could go out run for 20 seconds and get killed and have to do it all over again which leads too...
    -The servers aren't balanced by player level or skill. I'm probably below average at the game besides the snipers warzone thing. I'm good at that one. I'm in the 40s or so level wise, and constantly playing against people in the 100s now. So not only do they have a better feel for the game/are plainly better at it. They also have better weaponry.
    -The objective based warzones either rotate the objective in a game IE you go from protecting a generator to playing TDM to playing a capture the flag type mode all in the same lobby.
    -And nobody really plays the objective. I love objective based games. That's my shit. But I have yet to be on a team with randoms that actually play the objective. They want to play TDM, I realize it's a common complaint anyway amongst games but I think I've only won 2 games that aren't TDM based in 5-6 hours played. *
    -Matchmaking takes a long ass time until you get into a lobby. At which point it's faster loading the new maps/game types but you could be playing 5-2 until you get three new teammates. So you get slaughtered for a while. After you get that first game though and then you back out it reduces the load time a lot. I have no idea why it's that way though.

-Campaign is somewhat interesting but the controls for the owl (the droid that follows you around) are a bit wonky. Sometimes he hacks what I want him to instantly...sometimes I spend five minutes trying to get it to do what I want.

-Campaign has horrible pacing.

* I think and hope since 12 player TDM has been added this has changed but I doubt it.
    Dang!

Well I guess I'll get 2k or BF4 then

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

been playin 2k on the ps4 since it's release..

amazing game, there are still some clipping issues with the jerseys but other than that it's visually flawless. Game plays better than it did on last gen.

Myplayer is incredible, so in depth and really makes you feel like you're an actual NBA rookie trying to earn his spot.

Seriously, i've never been a big myplayer fan before but this year it just so addicting.

Killzone is the best FPS I've played in quite a while. The screen shots and videos online don't do it justice. It looks fvcking amazing on my 1080p LED.

Banned

if u play a lot of 2k get one or a xb1 for that 2k14. it's fantastic