Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Local High School Star John Smith's Avatar

Default Re: Aldridge: Bulls to land Salmons, Miller for Nocioni, Gooden

Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
    Eddy Curry might be available, so fk off.
    You know the Bulls won the trade. It's a bad trade for the Kings, just admit it. It's cool.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    He still played pretty regularly up until the trade, unless you mean disappeared as far as production like when when they made the playoffs.
    no I am refering to Nocioni going to the Kings .... he'll be long gone before the Kings are back in the playoff's.
    He's got some years left on a contract and now he is stuck playing there.

Quote Originally Posted by John Smith
    You know the Bulls won the trade. It's a bad trade for the Kings, just admit it. It's cool.
    When did I say the trade was a good one. This trade is bad, with potential to be horrendous, as previously explained.

I usually hit open layups gutshot's Avatar

Excellent trade for the Bulls. Salmons is a very underrated player and Miller is a solid big guy. These changes will make Bulls a better team.
    Last edited by gutshot; 02-18-2009 at 08:30 PM.

Love this trade as a Bulls fan. Miller will be solid playing with a PG that attracts as much attention from defenders as Rose. He'll get a lot of open looks from his sweet spots.

Everyone can talk trash and say this is a bad trade just because the Bulls couldn't grab a superstar. I wasn't expecting a blockbuster trade, this isn't the first trade deadline I've witnessed unlike a lot of others. This trade helps the Bulls. Noc has been killing us lately, I feel he'll do better in a new environment. Salmons is is averaging 18 points a game. I don't care what positon he plays, he brings much needed scoring.

This potentially puts the Bulls in the playoffs, but a sure first round exit. In my opinion, that's mission accomplished for this season. Coming into the season, everyone had the Bulls tanking.

Bulls will make more moves before the deadline.

Default Re: Trade: Bulls get Brad Miller, John Salmons, Kings get Andres Nocioni, Drew Gooden...

6 pages...lol. if this trade involved John Salmons (20 ppgs) and Brad Miller going to any other team than the Bulls it would have 12+ pages. It just goes to show how many Chicago Bull haters there really are reading this thread. F U! can't touch this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
    When did I say the trade was a good one. This trade is bad, with potential to be horrendous, as previously explained.
    Exactly, you just got Kenny Thomas Part Deux.

Playoffs? Playoffs!!! Mississippi's Avatar

Gordon may move back to the bench now.

Default Re: Trade: Bulls get Brad Miller, John Salmons, Kings get Andres Nocioni, Drew Gooden...

6 pages...lol. if this trade involved John Salmons (20 ppgs) and Brad Miller going to any other team than the Bulls it would have 12+ pages. It just goes to show how many Chicago Bull haters there really are reading this thread. F U! can't touch this.

Wow someone making up stuff. Bulls haters? Where? Not many here care for the Bulls team outside of Derrick Rose. Try again.

I don't think they're Bulls haters, just Kings fans. They have a reason to be upset. Pretty bad move for the Kings aside from financial relief.

I don't like this deal because of the money and length involved in Nocioni's deal. I don't see what he can do better than John Salmons, and I do see things John does that he doesn't. John comes relatively cheap by the league's standards, and that has two more years at around 11 mil left. Contrast that with Nocioni's 3 (with an option for another) years with 20+ mil left (although it is a declining contract with the money decreasing instead of increasing). So, he's making a few more mil a year for a longer period of time and isn't a better player.

In regards to the other pieces:

Geoff has coveted Gooden and tried to get him before. However, he's an expiring deal, and I doubt the Kings would try to re-sign him. Simmons has moved around a lot and isn't a relevant piece.

Overall, if the point was to dump salary, I don't see how this helps. Why not? Because Brad's deal is up after next season anyway, and John is cheap. I don't see why Miller would have to be moved NOW to save money when he could be moved next year in his expiring year, and if not then the team is rid of him because his contract is up anyway. The only reason for this was to save money this year instead of next year. I thought the point of trading a big contract and a quality player was to get something in return to help the future, not the same level of player (Nocioni) who gets paid MORE. I'm left scratching my head after this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    I don't think they're Bulls haters, just Kings fans. They have a reason to be upset. Pretty bad move for the Kings aside from financial relief.
    Great point dude. The Kings would have been better not making a trade at all!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    This potentially puts the Bulls in the playoffs, but a sure first round exit. In my opinion, that's mission accomplished for this season. Coming into the season, everyone had the Bulls tanking.Bulls will make more moves before the deadline.
    who are you kidding ???
    prior to the season when people were picking places for the end of the season , the Bulls were placed any where's from 4th seed to no lower than 7th.

Bulls were and still are grossly overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper
    who are you kidding, im jaspa the 3 dollar bill ???
    prior to the season when people were picking places for the end of the season , the Bulls were placed any where's from 4th seed to no lower than 7th.

how you can be 7 or 8 games UNDER .500 is beyond me. but we'll leave that to the HATAS...drink that gatorade it taste better, G.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper
    who are you kidding ???

Everyone who's not a moron had the Bulls not even making the playoffs. Coming into the season, this Bulls team was basically the same lottery team with a rookie coach and rooke PG. The popular opinion amoungst educated NBA fans was that Bulls would struggle to even get into the playoffs.