Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

Default Update on Rose: could start practicing this season.

Thibs said Rose is ahead of schedule in his rehab, he's been shooting the ball, jogging on the treadmill and might be able to join the Bulls in practice this season.

IMO, if he's not going to play the rest of the season he should at least practice. He's got to go hard this summer. No taking it easy. I think he took too long of a break and was too rusty and wasn't playing well this season and might have lead to the other injury. He's got to practice a lot.

Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: Update on Rose: could start practicing this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Upgrayedd
    I think he took too long of a break and was too rusty and wasn't playing well this season and might have lead to the other injury. He's got to practice a lot.
    Just bullshit. Long break didn't have anything to do with it. Just freak of nature thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Trancey
    Just bullshit. Long break didn't have anything to do with it. Just freak of nature thing.
    Or it could have been that he didn't really trust his knee he had the ACL injury on and was playing too hard on his other leg/knee.

Plus, he looked rusty. He looked good pre-season and then looked pretty horrible in the regular season. No going easy when he's cleared this time. Practie, training camp, I'd even say play in the summer league. He has to shake off the rust. By next season if the Bulls make the playoffs and Rose is healthy it will have been since 2012 that Rose played in the playoffs. That's insane.

And he's got to stop being so damn stubborn about not playing so aggressive. He's got to slow down and play smarter.
    Last edited by Upgrayedd; 02-07-2014 at 08:29 PM.

Thibs said Rose is ahead of schedule in his rehab, he's been shooting the ball, jogging on the treadmill and might be able to join the Bulls in practice this season.

IMO, if he's not going to play the rest of the season he should at least practice. He's got to go hard this summer. No taking it easy. I think he took too long of a break and was too rusty and wasn't playing well this season and might have lead to the other injury. He's got to practice a lot.

You are so ****ing annoying you don't know shit about ball and have no backing for your claims. Sit your ass down and be patient and let the professionals do their work kid.

And he's got to stop being so damn stubborn about not playing so aggressive. He's got to slow down and play smarter.

I wish you'd root for another team. You sound just like the Rose haters. He should change the way he plays, huh?

Why has NO ONE said RW needs to change the way he plays after 3 knee surgeries?

If you knew a MFin thing about ball and watched the game with a modicum of intelligence you would have seen Rose playing hard but not doing many unnecessary, drastic moves. He didn't dunk, He didn't go up for as many high flying lay ins, and he played limited minutes.

There is no "slowing down." You play hard and if you get hurt? So be it. It's a ****ing sport and you only have so long to play so you give it your all and hope for the best. If you lose your career due to injury you have millions to fall back on...but playing scared and cautious is not effective and is a good way to hurt your team. *but you wouldn't know anything about that seeing as though you've never played real ball in your life I'd bet*

The two times he got hurt the plays were very simple, especially the second one.

So you want Rose to continue to play at this fast and reckless pace and injure himself again?

He's been injured twice that way. He's got to improve his shot. All I heard was how improved he was from behind the 3 point line. And you know what? I didn't see it. The athleticism was still there which was good. But look where it got him. Injured again. He's got to play smarter basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    You are so ****ing annoying you don't know shit about ball and have no backing for your claims. Sit your ass down and be patient and let the professionals do their work kid.

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

Maybe we can all vote on when Rose will play and vote on how Rose should play. Then Rose will do whatever the vote says. #MiddleSchoolLogic

I just don't get why people wouldn't want to see Rose change his game up if it means he'll have a better chance at staying healthy. Everyone can agree that he plays at a very fast pace and is very physical and as exciting as it is to watch, it's gotten him injured twice now. Why wouldn't anyone want to see him play smarter, work on his 3 point shot more, pass the ball more. Just play smarter basketball.

I just don't get why people wouldn't want to see Rose change his game up if it means he'll have a better chance at staying healthy. Everyone can agree that he plays at a very fast pace and is very physical and as exciting as it is to watch, it's gotten him injured twice now. Why wouldn't anyone want to see him play smarter, work on his 3 point shot more, pass the ball more. Just play smarter basketball.

Wish in one hand, sh*t in another. See which you get first.

I love how the reaction is "How can you suggest Rose change his game??". Do you want him to get injured? Because playing reckless like he does as fun as it is to watch will probably get him injured again.

Again, why wouldn't you want to see him change his style up a bit if it means not getting injured? Why not become more of a passer and work on his shot more?

Also, let the speculation begin... another article I just read says Rose is so far ahead of schedule that he could actually return this season. He's running on the treadmill now. If the Bulls pull off a good trade by the deadline and the Bulls are a legit playoff team, I'd love to see Rose back this season.

Upgrayedd, think of something that you are good at. Now think of how you go about doing it. Tell me, if you changed that, would you still have the same success? Be realistic with yourself.

The day he changes what made him successful is when his career is done.

I love how the reaction is "How can you suggest Upgrayedd change his logic??". Do you want him to get pwned? Because talking without thinking like he does as fun as it is to watch will probably get him pwned again.

Again, why wouldn't you want to see him change his approach up a bit if it means not getting pwned? Why not become more of a thinker and work on his math more?

Yeah wow. I've yet to hear one good reason why he shouldn't change his game up. I'm not saying he shouldn't play like he used to at all. I'm just saying play less physical and change it up so his career lasts longer. I don't get the negative reaction to this suggestion. We can all agree he plays at a very physical fast pace. I'm not saying he shouldn't play like that ever. All I'm saying is he should slow down a bit to avoid getting injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    Upgrayedd, think of something that you are good at. Now think of how you go about doing it. Tell me, if you changed that, would you still have the same success? Be realistic with yourself.

The day he changes what made him successful is when his career is done.
    And after two major knee surgeries if he doesn't change his style, his career will be done.