Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

Default Re: Barkley: ""I do think he can be better than Michael," Barkley said."

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock
    One of the biggest differences between the two that is in Lebron's favor is what they could do with a weak team. Lebron took scrubs to the NBA finals, had the best record in the NBA twice with scrubs. For Jordan all we see are excuses for losing in the first round three years in a row (1-9 in the playoffs) and he barely got out of the first round in year four in the final game of the series (not coincidentally Scottie Pippen's first career start where he had a very good game).

The quitting argument is amusing. Jordan literally quit two days before training camp in 1994, forcing his team to find a scrub from the Italian league to replace him on that short notice. Imagine if he left in a timely manner and they had a legitimate starter with a team that nearly won the East's top seed even with Pete Myers as SG...The biggest fact regarding quitting between the two is Jordan walked away from basketball for five seasons. Lebron simply will have more time to accumulate achievements due to coming out of high school and not retiring twice.

Let's recap them at 27:

Rings: Lebron 1, Jordan 1
    NBA finals: Lebron 2, Jordan 1
    ECF's: Lebron 3, Jordan 2
    Best record in the NBA: Lebron 2, Jordan 0
    MVP's: Lebron 3, Jordan 2
    DPOY: Jordan 1, Lebron 0
    All-NBA first teams: Lebron 6, Jordan 5

That is technically true in a sense but going 0.500 twice and having three outright losing seasons is still not something to boast about. Lebron has only had one season at .500 and below and that was when he was 19. Does anyone see Jordan winning 66 games with scrubs in Cleveland?

Default Re: Barkley: ""I do think he can be better than Michael," Barkley said."

Wasn't it a year ago that Lebron was one of the biggest chokers of all time? And one year later, he's better than Jordan.

Now, he has the PHYSICAL tools and ability to BE better than Jordan. Lebron can do things Jordan cannot. Lebron has probably the best combination of speed, strength, size, and ability in the history of the game. That still doesn't mean he's better........Dwyane Wade is superior to MJ physically as well. Wade and Lebron just have unbelievable superior physical gifts. MJ didn't have that.

Put it this way. When I watched MJ play, it just FELT like I was watching the best ever. You just know it.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Wasn't it a year ago that Lebron was one of the biggest chokers of all time? And one year later, he's better than Jordan.

Now, he has the PHYSICAL tools and ability to BE better than Jordan. Lebron can do things Jordan cannot. Lebron has probably the best combination of speed, strength, size, and ability in the history of the game. That still doesn't mean he's better........Dwyane Wade is superior to MJ physically as well. Wade and Lebron just have unbelievable superior physical gifts. MJ didn't have that.

Put it this way. When I watched MJ play, it just FELT like I was watching the best ever. You just know it.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Gotta love gifs where I have no idea what its saying. Positive or negative?

Gotta love gifs where I have no idea what its saying. Positive or negative?

Quote Originally Posted by WockaVodka

This is the pic of RRR3.
    sad, that thread turned him into a gif-only poster

MJ didnt have superior physical gifts?

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock
    One of the biggest differences between the two that is in Lebron's favor is what they could do with a weak team. Lebron took scrubs to the NBA finals, had the best record in the NBA twice with scrubs. For Jordan all we see are excuses for losing in the first round three years in a row (1-9 in the playoffs) and he barely got out of the first round in year four in the final game of the series (not coincidentally Scottie Pippen's first career start where he had a very good game).

The quitting argument is amusing. Jordan literally quit two days before training camp in 1994, forcing his team to find a scrub from the Italian league to replace him on that short notice. Imagine if he left in a timely manner and they had a legitimate starter with a team that nearly won the East's top seed even with Pete Myers as SG...The biggest fact regarding quitting between the two is Jordan walked away from basketball for five seasons. Lebron simply will have more time to accumulate achievements due to coming out of high school and not retiring twice.

Let's recap them at 27:

Rings: Lebron 1, Jordan 1
    NBA finals: Lebron 2, Jordan 1
    ECF's: Lebron 3, Jordan 2
    Best record in the NBA: Lebron 2, Jordan 0
    MVP's: Lebron 3, Jordan 2
    DPOY: Jordan 1, Lebron 0
    All-NBA first teams: Lebron 6, Jordan 5

That is technically true in a sense but going 0.500 twice and having three outright losing seasons is still not something to boast about. Lebron has only had one season at .500 and below and that was when he was 19. Does anyone see Jordan winning 66 games with scrubs in Cleveland?
    How about you recap their achievements after 9 seasons?