Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Football/soccer all-time draft tournament(organized matchups)

Most of us weren't gonna give you a vote without your tactics, better team or not. I edited my post doeee.

Banned

my problem with iamgine team is that lippi isn't the suited coach and that everybody attacks even the two cb scirea and figueroa who played as liberos and sweepers 75% of their life and both were well under 6 ft. i have absolutely no doubt that this is the worst cb pairing in the draft. don't get me wrong both were all time greats but they are not compatible.

in the midfield gianni rivera and didi were great, pretty sure didi can play a box to box role if he played today, he had fantastic stamina and world-class technique and i see gianni as a deep lying playmaker in your system.

this team is by far the best attacking one in the whole draft, but the problem is you don't play vs osasuna or levante, you play vs other great teams. george best and ferenc puskas are very very similar on and off the pitch. they both can't play in the center so your team is badly put on paper. they were a hybrid of a modern winger and an inside forward which means messi can play his false 9 role in the center just like he played for pep 2 years ago. if you were able to say this you could have a better chance in this matchup.

if you put head to head the players as individuals then andrew wiggins is ****ed. the other team has better players at almost every position if not at every one except for lothar matthaus. if iamgine selected one solid modern center back and developed my idea of the puskas-messi-best trio then you would lose by a fair margin.

i don't know why almost everybody selected offensive left/right backs . once again i say you need defense at that position you ain't playing osasuna. marcelo would be ****ed facing all the all time great wingers.

now for the good part and my explanation for why you got my vote. this is the most versatile team in the draft, starting from krool who could play every position in the defense and ending with the great romario. also johan cruyff is a nice pick for the coach i can see him making great stuff with this team, maybe making players to roam from their position and disturb the opponents defense or playing a more aggresive style of play. still a very close matchup but you've got my vote. so andrew wiggins

Banned

dayum

i already voted for iamgene in the other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by waseem780
    I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up winning its pretty even
    You're the best draft commish ever but the voting system is highly flawed due to several reasons. Most of all because voting for who we think is the better team goes against one of everyone's main interests.

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    You're the best draft commish ever but the voting system is highly flawed due to several reasons. Most of all because voting for who we think is the better team goes against one of everyone's main interests.
    Thanks , and I know its not perfect. So what would you suggest we do?

Quote Originally Posted by cos88
    my problem with iamgine team is that lippi isn't the suited coach and that everybody attacks even the two cb scirea and figueroa who played as liberos and sweepers 75% of their life and both were well under 6 ft. i have absolutely no doubt that this is the worst cb pairing in the draft. don't get me wrong both were all time greats but they are not compatible.

in the midfield gianni rivera and didi were great, pretty sure didi can play a box to box role if he played today, he had fantastic stamina and world-class technique and i see gianni as a deep lying playmaker in your system.

this team is by far the best attacking one in the whole draft, but the problem is you don't play vs osasuna or levante, you play vs other great teams. george best and ferenc puskas are very very similar on and off the pitch. they both can't play in the center so your team is badly put on paper. they were a hybrid of a modern winger and an inside forward which means messi can play his false 9 role in the center just like he played for pep 2 years ago. if you were able to say this you could have a better chance in this matchup.

if you put head to head the players as individuals then andrew wiggins is ****ed. the other team has better players at almost every position if not at every one except for lothar matthaus. if iamgine selected one solid modern center back and developed my idea of the puskas-messi-best trio then you would lose by a fair margin.

i don't know why almost everybody selected offensive left/right backs . once again i say you need defense at that position you ain't playing osasuna. marcelo would be ****ed facing all the all time great wingers.

now for the good part and my explanation for why you got my vote. this is the most versatile team in the draft, starting from krool who could play every position in the defense and ending with the great romario. also johan cruyff is a nice pick for the coach i can see him making great stuff with this team, maybe making players to roam from their position and disturb the opponents defense or playing a more aggresive style of play. still a very close matchup but you've got my vote. so andrew wiggins
    I would like to argue but I like this analysis.

Three points though:

- Lippi's great Juve team had played similar to this team before.

- I fully intended for Messi to be in a false 9 position. That's why he's not right wing. It's a tiki taka kind of formation so it's not rigid.

- Best is left while Puskas is center, Puskas' Hungarian team played similarly with Hidegkuti in a false 9 role.

^Oh wait I dont like that analysis anymore. Figueroa is above 6 feet and a great aerial defender. Why would I pick him otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by waseem780
    Thanks , and I know its not perfect. So what would you suggest we do?
    Well the best I can suggest is pick one (or three) willing poster who you think most knowledgeable about all time football outside the draft as judge(s). That is not without its flaws but it's the best I can think of right now.

Banned

damn i was 100% sure they both were under 6 ft ( 1.80 cm) it was a huge factor in my decision to pick the other team

this changes stuff, of course nobody here saw games with some of your players so it's hard to know things exactly . i can change my vote if you are willing to explain what roles are messi - puskas - best playing. you didn't insist much on it.

you can't play all 3 in the middle or one behind the other one in my opinion of course.

I got a versatile team, multidimensional and unstoppable on both ends. I got two natural finishers who can put the ball in the net in a variety of ways. Behind them I got Cantona who is more than capable of carrying the team and scoring crucial goals in clutch moments. I have a balance of creativity, technique and toughness + defense in my midfield.
    Manager:
    Jupp Heynckes

GK: Greatest keeper ever to grace a football pitch, leader and motivator, most impactful keeper in the history of the game. Only keeper to be named the best player of a World Cup. Took Bayern all the way and won them a Champions league title. Took Germany on a dream ride with an injured hand in 2002 and named player of the tournament.

Defense:
    I have one of the greatest free kick and set piece takers and crossers of all-time in Brehme combine that with the aerial prowess of Klinsmann and you already have an all-time duo. Could play equally well with both feet, he used to take penalties with his right foot and corners and freekicks with his left. He could run up and down the field all game like a machine.
    I also have a tireless RB in Vogts (the guy who shutdown Cruyff). The best RB Europe has produced. Great tackler, strong and quick, amazing man to man defender. Relentless on offense, smart in passing and crossing, always trying to impact the game.
    My team boasts of a physical lockdown defender in Kohler, all-time stopper and marksman. Spectacular tackler, great in air and a strong beast.
    Hector Chumptiaz known for his great technique, his leadership, his organization ability on the field, A strong reader of the game a formidable passer and dribbler. Also could score well for a defender.

Midfield:
    Jose Pirri: Spain's best DM in history, a strong defensive midfielder with great vision and passing skills. Could destroy any opponent's play build up with his tackling and interceptions. His stamina and offensive awareness let him translate his defensive plays into instant offense, allowing him to score a whooping 170 goals in his 16 year tenure at Real Madrid. He also scored 16 goals in 47 games for Spanish NT.
    Paul Brietner: One of the most talented and versatile players in history, Brietner first started as a WB for Bayern and quickly became the best in that in position. His technique, passing, crossing and defense made him a great wing. But later as his game matured he moved to CM to make more use of his vision and ball distribution skills. A creative mind who could put any offensive player in a goal scoring opportunity at any moment. Probably the greatest balance of offensive and defensive threat ever found in a midfielder.
    Jean Tigana: A Box-to-Box midfielder primarily responsible for defensive duties before setting up his teammates on attack. Best remembered as a member of

Banned

from the other thread here is kc16 team

Here is my formation and tactics from the draft thread:

I made changes to mine, more of a 4-3-3 with Riquelme playing a supporting striker/centre attacking midfield position. Defensively we will switch to a 4-4-2 with Riquelme and Okocha occasionally helping in defense when needed.

Okocha and Riquelme will be able to interchange the centre attacking workload when need be. Both are great creators and are able to finish with with precise passes or taking shots at goal. Feeding balls to Eusebio and Weah is integral. Both are some of the stronger strikers in soccer history, let alone some of the greatest. Both strikers are goal hungry and are great ball controllers, add to the fact any defender will be worried to see these two coming at them. I have good faith in my attackers.

Toure and Vieira are vital pieces to both the attack and defense as both will play a box-to-box role,knowing that and Mourinho's tactics of being a defensive mind, when one is up helping the attack the other won't go up as high to sure up the defense.

Roberto Carlos will play a similar role to what Ashley Cole does for Chelsea, helping out in the attack but importantly using his strength to stop opposing wingers and attackers from his side. Plus his left foot is deadly, taking unexpected shots when up front is no problem for me. Puyol is allowed to come up occasionally but not necessary.

Silva and Kuffour will mostly stay in the center of the backfield and with their strength and speed I am confident they can slow most attackers. Add to the fact with Vieira and Toure playing central defense and Carlos and Puyol at LB and RB respectively I have much confidence in my defense. Cech's athleticism and leadership is also very integral part, knowing where players should be during free kicks and corners.

Coach Mourinho is a defensive minded coach so it is vital that players like Okocha and Riquelme help out in defense when need be. Also to balance things out it's best that we keep at 3 defenders in the back as well as one of our midfielders back as well when we are attacking our opponent. Carlos and Toure would be used often when we are moving up front and it is vital that they come back to help our defense. Another reason for picking Mourinho is that Chelsea is my favorite team and I have enjoyed Mourinho as our coach since the first year he started coaching us back in 2004. As a players coach, as most players love to play for him, will help build chemistry with this team.

Sorry for no arrows, I didn't know how to upload the image on here using this11.com. The arrows would have helped though.
    Last edited by cos88; 03-11-2014 at 04:48 AM.

Banned

people can vote for the matchup between dunksby and kc16 ( the two above teams )

will post an unbiased opinion later

damn i was 100% sure they both were under 6 ft ( 1.80 cm) it was a huge factor in my decision to pick the other team

this changes stuff, of course nobody here saw games with some of your players so it's hard to know things exactly . i can change my vote if you are willing to explain what roles are messi - puskas - best playing. you didn't insist much on it.

you can't play all 3 in the middle or one behind the other one in my opinion of course.
    Here's the role as I saw it when drafting them:

Best plays left winger ala Ryan Giggs. Puskas is middle as a second striker and target man for finishing goals. Messi is given the freedom to roam his side, even dropping to midfield as he will often be the start of the attack.

But all three can dribble, pass and score at a very high level so it's more of a fluid passing game until an opportunity is created.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

people can vote for the matchup between dunksby and kc16 ( the two above teams )

will post an unbiased opinion later
    Thanks for posting my tactics, hoping my team does well.

I am very undecided between Wiggins and iamgine as I don't really like any of the two teams.
    Wiggins' offensive players are a bit ovverrated imo, and Ze Roberto is a wek selection, but his team has a really effective shape.
    iamgine has way better players but they will face problems protecting the flanks especially the right one. All in all I think I'll go with iamgine because his offense is deadly.

I vote kc16. Dunksby's German-oriented side does not really strike me, sorry. I don't see much playmaking and good flow while in possession. Pirri played the most important part of his career as a sweeper, Cantona is genious (and a headcase) but he played for himself.

On the other hand kc16's team is very solid like Mourinho likes.