Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: US Media: Deron Williams Struggles in Europe (VIDEO)

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    Europe basketball is exciting. I saw Sasha Vujavic posterizing someone over there. The Machine is killing it. Even Ammo is killing it. It was not too long ago that both of these guys were passing towels at the end of the Lakers bench.

Deron Williams is still out of shape. Right now, he is just playing with half of his ability. He's pouring it against Euro bums and most of the time he is just setting up his teammates. He probably can't wait till the lockout is over.
    Vujacic has only played preseason games so far. Morrison does not even play in Euroleague. Again, what is your point?

Not airballing my layups anymore RintjeRitsma's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    I think he is a little more concerned with playing his own team games than setting up all night to watch NBA games...especially when his team might be playing that day.
    That's indeed the piont I made about the irrelevants of him not watching NBA games. Glad you get it now! The fact that he cares about the NBA speaks loudly in his comment about the best players in the sport he loves.

NBA rookie of the year

Vujacic has only played preseason games so far. Morrison does not even play in Euroleague. Again, what is your point?
    Amazing thread, Euroleague/Arkansaleague.

Good college starter

I forgot Jordan Farmar. Someone gave him a starting gig. Face palm. Lakers garbages are being recycled in Europe. FTW.

Banned

Anyone arguing that the NBA is not the best league talent wise is a complete idiot. On the flip side of that anyone arguing that the Euro league is not a high quality league, even if it is below the NBA, is also an idiot.

Whenever I read that a good player in the NBA is struggling in Europe it makes me wonder if maybe they got too much special treatment in the NBA. How many times do we see stars pick up 2 quick fouls, and then never get called for another one until the 4th quarter? I think maybe in Europe we actually get to see just how good these player really are without the babying they get over her in the NBA.

That can't be good for the NBA's image. It draws attention to to the fact that stars get treated differently in the NBA, and don't get pampered to in Europe. Is the NBA softer? I think everyone is seeing that the answer is a resounding yes. It also calls into question if the reason the NBA refs favor stars is because they have an agenda. If they do, which is already the suspicion of many NBA fans, it makes the NBA more of an opera than a sport.

I rule the local playground Soothing Layup's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Whenever I read that a good player in the NBA is struggling in Europe it makes me wonder if maybe they got too much special treatment in the NBA. How many times do we see stars pick up 2 quick fouls, and then never get called for another one until the 4th quarter? I think maybe in Europe we actually get to see just how good these player really are without the babying they get over her in the NBA.

That can't be good for the NBA's image. It draws attention to to the fact that stars get treated differently in the NBA, and don't get pampered to in Europe. Is the NBA softer? I think everyone is seeing that the answer is a resounding yes. It also calls into question if the reason the NBA refs favor stars is because they have an agenda. If they do, which is already the suspicion of many NBA fans, it makes the NBA more of an opera than a sport.
    This.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07

I agree.

If the NBA got rid of superstar calls, letting players get away with travels and allowing the players to be more physical the league would be amazing.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Whatfoul?'s Avatar

Actually, officially, he was playing in EuroChallenge games. The qualifiers for Eurocup, are organized by EuroChallenge. US media got that wrong, but it's a minor detail.

Local High School Star Nero Tulip's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B-Easy8
    I agree.

If the NBA got rid of superstar calls, letting players get away with travels and allowing the players to be more physical the league would be amazing.
    Well, since we're allowed to ignore the competition of retards between Euroleague and Rooster, I agree and that's one big difference between Europe and the NBA.

People who watch the Euroleague tend to be real basketball fans, whereas David Stern knows that if he gives up on the casual viewers he's ****ed. That's why he'll never do what you ask. In Europe however, they never had to change the rules to let overhyped guards with the IQ of an oyster dominate the game, and it wouldn't make any difference.

That's why I don't dislike the current system, where you have 2 very high level leagues, with the NBA having more talent but also being a little bit of a joke sometimes.