Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Krust Kingz

Default What's next? Phase 3....

Phase 1: So the Knicks have the President in Phil [COLOR="White"]Big Chief Triangle)[/COLOR]
    Phase 2: The Knicks get Fisher

Phase 3 is what to you??? What should be the next focus???

For example;
    Is it bringing back Melo
    Start looking to add a pick(s)
    Dumping players

Default Re: What's next? Phase 3....

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    Phase 1: So the Knicks have the President in Phil [COLOR="White"]Big Chief Triangle)[/COLOR]
    Phase 2: The Knicks get Fisher

Phase 3 is what to you??? What should be the next focus???

For example;
    Is it bringing back Melo
    Start looking to add a pick(s)
    Dumping players
    All 3: yes
    -----
    I think Carmelo comes back, but what is the plan Phil tries to sell him on? What would Carmelo want? What does Phil want? Is there a combination of those that works for everyone? So many possibilities.

What does Carmelo want? Top shelf talent joining him right? But let's say he picks a guy to join him and wants Rondo. Rondo doesn't fit the triangle, so who wins that?

Phil has the benefit of a fan base that will happily accept throwing another season away for even the slightest hope of bringing in a big name. Does Phil want to try to win now or does he take the easy way out and promise that they'll take a run at lebron or Durant. Or even love.

I hope both Carmelo and Phil want the same thing- and that they want to win now. Carmelo should leave if the idea is to hang on to chandler and amare and then hope for a big fa signing.

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos

All 3: yes
    -----
    I think Carmelo comes back, but what is the plan Phil tries to sell him on? What would Carmelo want? What does Phil want? Is there a combination of those that works for everyone? So many possibilities.

What does Carmelo want? Top shelf talent joining him right? But let's say he picks a guy to join him and wants Rondo. Rondo doesn't fit the triangle, so who wins that?

Phil has the benefit of a fan base that will happily accept throwing another season away for even the slightest hope of bringing in a big name. Does Phil want to try to win now or does he take the easy way out and promise that they'll take a run at lebron or Durant. Or even love.

I hope both Carmelo and Phil want the same thing- and that they want to win now. Carmelo should leave if the idea is to hang on to chandler and amare and then hope for a big fa signing.
    As you can tell through the process after getting Phil [COLOR="White"]Big Chief Triangle[/COLOR] he does not operate at this point with 3 ores in the water at the same time. Its been step by step and methodical.

My question is what is the next step people think he will do or what will be the next step they would do...

So personally I would think after the coaching staff has been filled out which I think pretty much as been reported Rambis, Cleamons, Walton, etc...

Phase 3: The next thing is to get into the 2014 draft. I hope they can get at least 1 pick.

Phase 4: There are 9 guaranteed contracts on the roster for now. Here are the guys that are off the books I think Cole, Tyler, Murry, Martin, and Shannon. Odom as of now looks all but a lock to be brought in for this year if he can stay off drugs, alcohol, and gets in shape. So that leaves 5 potential spots. I hope Murry and Tyler are locks to be back with the team.

Phase 5: Melo situation. It's not the least important thing and its an ongoing process that runs in the back ground absorbing all our data plans. I think the FO wants him back but I dont think its the end of the world in the new regimes eyes, maybe for the fans and Dolan it might be. Because Phil works at a snail pace I think this will hurt the Knicks chances but if Melo buys into Phil he would not opt out. If he opts out I think he wont return.

You might be reading too much into how Phil will operate by basing it all off the slow and not for pr way of hiring a coach.

1 thing at a time- because that was the only thing he was allowed to work on. Free agency, trades, and the draft are all tied together and will all happen along the same time lines.

So you think Phil will/should bring back 12 of the same players as last year? You think that many fit his vision?

Who is your hopefully draft pick? Who are the 2 fa's you'd bring in?

Krust Kingz

So you think Phil will/should bring back 12 of the same players as last year? You think that many fit his vision?

Who is your hopefully draft pick? Who are the 2 fa's you'd bring in?
    I never said bring back 12 of the same players I said based on guaranteed contracts there are 9 players on the roster, 10 based on Odom, 2 guys I would like to return are Tyler Murray...

How can I hope for a draft pick if we dont know if they could acquire a pick or what round...

Trades are possible during the draft to move up or down or to get into the draft...

FA aquisitions wont happen until after the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    I never said bring back 12 of the same players I said based on guaranteed contracts there are 9 players on the roster, 10 based on Odom, 2 guys I would like to return are Tyler Murray...

How can I hope for a draft pick if we dont know if they could acquire a pick or what round...

Trades are possible during the draft to move up or down or to get into the draft...

FA aquisitions wont happen until after the draft.
    You have said over and over that you don't think that the roster will be changed through trades- right?

Seems like you are thinking that Phil brings back mostly the same team but will just be better at 2nd round picks and min wage free agents. I was just hoping you'd put your name on a suggestion of a particular 2nd round prospect or a couple min wage free agents.

Krust Kingz

You have said over and over that you don't think that the roster will be changed through trades- right?

Seems like you are thinking that Phil brings back mostly the same team but will just be better at 2nd round picks and min wage free agents. I was just hoping you'd put your name on a suggestion of a particular 2nd round prospect or a couple min wage free agents.
    I've never said the roster will not be changed through trades but the big blockbuster trades you're suggesting wont happen.

You want to dump high salaries on small market teams that do not want their cap eaten up by 1 or 2 players.

I do think Chandler could be moved to a contender or a team that is close to contention. Like Dallas would gladly take Melo and Chandler. I do think Shump could be traded considering his talents is a luxury and not a necessity. The guy that should be traded first but Toronto couldnt give away (until the dumbass Knicks overpaid) is Bargs.

As far as FA the Knicks could look into Bayless, Farmer, Brian Roberts, Mo Williams. This only makes sense if Felton is gone.
    One of the names you love but I dont think is an NBA player is Jimmer, Mickael Pietrus (if healthy), E'Twaun Moore (he can play pg/sg).

I think the next logical step is trying to acquire a 2nd round pick from Philly or Milwaukee. Names that I think will be hot topics to try and move are Felton and Chandler. 2 guys I would LOVE to see gone are Bargs and J.R. for obvious reasons...tho I could live with J.R. another year cause Fish ain't putting up with the bullshit. I know PJ has a way with players; I'm intrigued to see what he can make happen in year 1. I had heard a rumor of PJ talking to Amare about possibly retiring for health reasons, but this seems unlikely to me.

...and I'm still not sold on this "triangle or bust" business that some people are preaching. I think Phil is much more open-minded on using the positives that his players bring on the floor. But I'm glad there's been progress -

addendum: I do believe Melo returns as he will be a flea in PJ's ears over decisions made. One thing I know about Phil is he likes to have major talent at his disposal, and Melo brings THIS.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

I actually wouldnt be surprised if the team isnt for the most part the same.

Makes no sense trading players and adding salary unless it a player they will definitely use going forward.

I see quite a bit of these guys just expiring out.

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

My focus would be to keep Melo and get rid of as many contracts as possible without taking on anything long term. If we can convince a team to take on Chandler, Bargnani or Amare for a pick...do it IMMEDIATELY. Even if it's a 2nd. Shit, even if it's a future 2nd.

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    My focus would be to keep Melo and get rid of as many contracts as possible without taking on anything long term. If we can convince a team to take on Chandler, Bargnani or Amare for a pick...do it IMMEDIATELY. Even if it's a 2nd. Shit, even if it's a future 2nd.
    The Melo situation is going to be what its going to be. There isnt anything else the Knicks can do until after he opts out.

The removal of players for a pick can only happen (THIS IS NOT DIRECTED AT YOU BUT OTHER PEOPLE WHO DONT KNOW THIS) only teams under the cap can eat that contract. This wont happen I dont think because everyone wants to look appealing for the upcoming FA class this summer if people opt out.

The #1 of all priorities should be Carmelo

He must at least know of whether Phil is going for the idea of capspace or of he will trade to win.

Seems like Carmelo agrees w the masses that the best thing possible is a possible!! big free agent signing.

Krust Kingz

The #1 of all priorities should be Carmelo

He must at least know of whether Phil is going for the idea of capspace or of he will trade to win.

Seems like Carmelo agrees w the masses that the best thing possible is a possible!! big free agent signing.
    That doesnt make sense to me. There are no big FA this year. Melo is the only one and like i said the chances of a big contract coming off the books is slim to none right away.

Good college starter

Alex Kennedy: If Knicks trade Iman Shumpert, it'd be mistake. He has been doing two-a-days, studying the triangle and reading all of Phil Jackson's books. Twitter @AlexKennedyNBA - See more at: http://*********.com/rumors.htm#sthash.BTNA1W8V.dpuf