Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: #21 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

Quote Originally Posted by Round Mound
    Rick Barry. This Dude is becoming Severly Underrated In ISH.

I Mean People Voted Malone over Barkley (when everyone who Watched Both Prior to 1995-96 knows Barkley was More Dominant). That`s How Ilogical These Threads are Becoming.
    Which Malone do you refer to? Moses was better than Barkley IMO, but Karl vs Charles is definitly up for discussion/could go either way.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiThrice
    So tell me what did Bob Petitt do on the court better than Dirk?

I want specific things that he could do better than Dirk on the court. What was this man capable of doing better than Dirk on the court that Dirk could not.

But I know you won't be able to give me specifics and you'll just throw mindless overblown numbers in a fast-paced era and media awards in my face that you read on basketball reference. The truth is you don't know shit about that guy and have probably never even watched him play.

Next.

I can assure you, I know more about him and that era than you do. Clearly.

Pettit was the far superior rebounder, despite Dirk being 7 feet and Pettit being 6-8, 6-9. Pettit was a better passer, and better defender. Dirk is definitely a better shooter, but Pettit was the more prolific scorer.

Media awards huh? Do you know how the MVP was selected back then? You 14 year old moron

Pettit boasts 2 MVPs, back when the award was SELECTED BY NBA PLAYERS, AND 10 ALL NBA FIRST TEAM SELECTIONS.

Dirk has 1 MVP with the award being SELECTED BY MEDIA PUNDITS, IDIOTS LIKE YOURSELF I'D GATHER, AND 4 ALL NBA FIRST TEAM SELECTIONS.

[COLOR="Red"]YOU KNOW ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT THE GAME OF BASKETBALL OR IT'S HISTORY. YOU'RE A TEENAGER WHO'S GREATEST NBA MOMENT IS LEBRON JAMES' ONE HOUR SPECIAL ON ESPN. SHUT THE F U C K UP, YOU ARE A NON-M O T H E R F U C K I N G FACTOR.[/COLOR]

"Next."
    Last edited by BlackVVaves; 09-03-2012 at 07:30 PM.

isiah thomas

Good High School Starter nycelt84's Avatar

Someone is seriously going to tell me what case Isiah has for being ranked over Havlicek. I pick John Havlicek.

Local High School Star

David robinson

Quote Originally Posted by nycelt84
    Someone is seriously going to tell me what case Isiah has for being ranked over Havlicek. I pick John Havlicek.
    best player on two champion teams in possibly the most competitive era in the nba's history

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    best player on two champion teams in possibly the most competitive era in the nba's history
    Sums up my thought.
    I will say Havlicek and Thomas for the most are interchangable/next to each other in my list though.

David Robinson

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves

I can assure you, I know more about him and that era than you do. Clearly.

Pettit was the far superior rebounder, despite Dirk being 7 feet and Pettit being 6-8, 6-9. Pettit was a better passer, and better defender. Dirk is definitely a better shooter, but Pettit was the more prolific scorer.

Media awards huh? Do you know how the MVP was selected back then? You 14 year old moron

Pettit boasts 2 MVPs, back when the award was SELECTED BY NBA PLAYERS, AND 10 ALL NBA FIRST TEAM SELECTIONS.

Dirk has 1 MVP with the award being SELECTED BY MEDIA PUNDITS, IDIOTS LIKE YOURSELF I'D GATHER, AND 4 ALL NBA FIRST TEAM SELECTIONS.

[COLOR="Red"]YOU KNOW ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT THE GAME OF BASKETBALL OR IT'S HISTORY. YOU'RE A TEENAGER WHO'S GREATEST NBA MOMENT IS LEBRON JAMES' ONE HOUR SPECIAL ON ESPN. SHUT THE F U C K UP, YOU ARE A NON-M O T H E R F U C K I N G FACTOR.[/COLOR]

"Next."
    I said what specific abilities on the court. Not general bullshit like "better scorer" How was he a better scorer? What moves did he have that made him more efficient/better than a guy like Dirk? How was a better defender? He is smaller, weaker, and slower than Dirk. What specific defensive traits did he possess that Dirk doesnt have? Don't worry, I'll wait.

I want specifics kid, not general stats and conclusions one comes to from reading numbers off of a guys basketball-reference profile. His increased PPG and RPG stem from the simple fact that the game was played at a higher pace.

Next

Inb4 no specific traits/basketball abilities are posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan21formvp
    David Robinson
    you used to have some classic nba game on youtube right? you gonna upload anymore? you had some great games, zeke and bernard's shootout in 84 iirc

Saw a basketball once ThunderStruk022's Avatar

Havlicek

Serious playground baller

Dirk may be the only player where a ring doesn't boost his position in these all time great legacy whatever rankings which are such bull shit anyways.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiThrice
    I said what specific abilities on the court. Not general bullshit like "better scorer" How was he a better scorer? What moves did he have that made him more efficient/better than a guy like Dirk? How was a better defender? He is smaller, weaker, and slower than Dirk. What specific defensive traits did he possess that Dirk doesnt have? Don't worry, I'll wait.

I want specifics kid, not general stats and conclusions one comes to from reading numbers off of a guys basketball-reference profile. His increased PPG and RPG stem from the simple fact that the game was played at a higher pace.

Next

Inb4 no specific traits/basketball abilities are posted.
    No "specific traits" needed. Pettit has a better NBA resume, and dominated in his era in a more impactful way than Dirk has dominated his.

You know less about basketball than almost anyone I have come across on this board in the last 6 years. It's disgraceful. And by the way, I know it may be hard for you to fathom, but true basketball fans do more than sit on Basketball Reference all day. We watch footage, we read documentaries, we mull over articles from those times, and we actually draw upon a deep understanding of the game.

You're a horrid poster. One of the worst. How you haven't managed to get yourself banned yet is beyond me, but I'm certain the time will come. Every dumb dog has its day

Dirk deserved his NBA championship more than many, many greats that I can think of. He was just incredible in 2011. However, remove that NBA title, and some people would be hard-pressed putting Dirk in their Top 30, let alone Top 20. Take away Pettit's NBA title over the Boston Celtics in '58, and you're left with a career that is undoubtedly Top 20.

I'm done with you, go read a book or something little boy. Maybe you'll learn a thing or two.

Now where's that block list...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    No "specific traits" needed. Pettit has a better NBA resume, and dominated in his era in a more impactful way than Dirk has dominated his.

You know less about basketball than almost anyone I have come across on this board in the last 6 years. It's disgraceful. And by the way, I know it may be hard for you to fathom, but true basketball fans do more than sit on Basketball Reference all day. We watch footage, we read documentaries, we mull over articles from those times, and we actually draw upon a deep understanding of the game.

You're a horrid poster. One of the worst. How you haven't managed to get yourself banned yet is beyond me, but I'm certain the time will come. Every dumb dog has its day

Dirk deserved his NBA championship more than many, many greats that I can think of. He was just incredible in 2011. However, remove that NBA title, and some people would be hard-pressed putting Dirk in their Top 30, let alone Top 20. Take away Pettit's NBA title over the Boston Celtics in '58, and you're left with a career that is undoubtedly Top 20.

I'm done with you, go read a book or something little boy. Maybe you'll learn a thing or two.

Now where's that block list...
    Stopped reading at .......
    "No "specific traits" needed."

You felt the need to post a paragraph of who knows what,when the thing I asked and that proves Pettit > Nowitzki is left absent. Watching both of these guys in action anyone can see Nowitzki is clearly a more advanced and superior player.

Also I totally called you pussying out and not being able to name any specific traits. You clearly know nothing about Pettit other than his basketball reference stat lines and wikipedia information. Your lack of substance about his actual game proves it.

Next.

College star

This message is hidden because MiamiThrice is on your ignore list.