Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Mike Fratello: European Basketball Is More Physical Than The NBA

Quote Originally Posted by madmax
    NBA style of play was always geared towards iso's and fast court opportunities, therefore highlighting individual abilities of players. Euro tough grind-it-out half-court game is not to everyone's taste, but it's the classical style of basketball which is getting more and more forgotten. Players can pack the paint for as long as they want defensively and we can withness true zones as well (not pseudo half-zones of NBA)
    Have you seen a game Pre 1996?

Troll who tries to provoke you

Lightbulb Re: Mike Fratello: European Basketball Is More Physical Than The NBA

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Just like I have been saying in this forum all along.

http://twitter.com/#!/ismailsenol/st...28661882372098
    http://twitter.com/#!/ismailsenol/st...28801833705472

Mike Fratello: "It's a more physical game over here. NBA rules helped change the game that brought scoring up. This is a man's game over here."

Mike Fratello: "I'm very anxious to see the reaction from the NBA players that come over here. They'll be awakened to the style of bball."

Take a Bow Czar!!!

finally, some one got pair of testicles big enough to say it as it is.

Even after NBA changed it to completely sissy rules to benefit scoring, Kobe still cannot dominate the game fully & gets overshadowed by Lebron, Wade, Iverson, Durant easily.

So much for Jordan wannabe Copy Cryant in sissy era!

Quote Originally Posted by gengiskhan
    Take a Bow Czar!!!

finally, some one got pair of testicles big enough to say it as it is.

Even after NBA changed it to completely sissy rules to benefit scoring, Kobe still cannot dominate the game fully & gets overshadowed by Lebron, Wade, Iverson, Durant easily.

So much for Jordan wannabe Copy Cryant in sissy era!

hmmmmm . . . well that was subtle

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    Have you seen a game Pre 1996?
    believe me, I'm old enough to have watched games from the 80's...NBA was always about iso ball and individual qualities of the players. Euro ball is completely different and it revolves arround setting millions of screens, picks and constant players movement off the ball. Current NBA game can't be much further from what you would call a "classical" style of play

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    i live in europe so your us media paranoia is irrelevant. so why doesnt any european website have any documentation of this story?
    It was in Spanish and French newspapers. Stop pretending that this is not well known, because it is.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 08-24-2011 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    On the perimeter? Yeah, but inside, it's not even close.
    Euroleague is a lot more physical inside than the NBA is. Many times players are being fouled (as in what is a foul in the NBA) around the basket, while shooting, or fighting for rebounds and there are no whistles. While it is rare that any well-known NBA player does not get a whistle if there is contact near the basket.

In the NBA, a guy like Dwight Howard complains about not getting enough free throws, when he would be getting less in Euroleague.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 08-24-2011 at 11:24 PM.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Its true but I think it could work to an advantage for some players

Quote Originally Posted by madmax
    not really...Top european teams on average have taller players than NBA ones and those dudes are actually allowed to display toughness defensively instead of a pansy league that NBA is nowadays. NBA players are faster and more athletic though
    usa vs europe = roids vs eggs

Amazing how the "soft" Americans hold Gold Medals at every level of International competition in the entire World. There literally isn't a single International title/accolade that isn't currently in control of the USA. Complete World domination in the sport of Basketball... and last FIBA tournament we even sent our B-squad.

Can someone remind me why Euroleague didn't stop posting after USA ran through FIBA with their B team after constantly guaranteeing they wouldn't?

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Amazing how the "soft" Americans hold Gold Medals at every level of International competition in the entire World. There literally isn't a single International title/accolade that isn't currently in control of the USA. Complete World domination in the sport of Basketball... and last FIBA tournament we even sent our B-squad.
    The tournaments were rigged. Plus the USA was 4th at the 3 on 3 in the junior Olympics.

The tournaments were rigged.
    Proof or gtfo.

You can't say "There's no way this US team does anything!" then after they dominate, you change your tune to "It's all rigged you racist!"

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Proof or gtfo.

You can't say "There's no way this US team does anything!" then after they dominate, you change your tune to "It's all rigged you racist!"
    Proof was already provided in this thread. If you continue to make such posts like that, I am just placing you on ignore.

Proof was already provided in this thread. If you continue to make such posts like that, I am just placing you on ignore.
    please ignore me as well.

Joakim Noah on the FIBA EuroBasket:

"The competition level is very high. In the NBA, the European game has a reputation of being less physical and soft. That is not true, it is more physical. There is more team play and the no defensive three seconds rule changes a lot of things. In the NBA, you know where the shots will come from. Here, they take shots from everywhere. The game is more intelligent. There is less space, you have to be in the right place at the right time."