Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Marbury is officially a Celtic.

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    we'll he hasn't really played in 20 months so i imagine he'll be a little rusty. plus he wasn't exactly playing well when he was playing so it's going to take some time
    His last two seasons with the Knicks there was something clearly wrong with his right ankle / knee with it being much worse last year. Part of what would go wrong with him is he mopes when he's not healthy and he'd play 10 good games then start to get limited and it would spiral. I guess we'll know soon if that was an isolated injury that wouldn't heal or deterioration due to age.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Same thing could be said about when Malone and Payton played for the Lakers.

Payton/Fisher
    Bryant
    Fox/Bryon Russell/George
    Malone/Horace Grant
    Shaq
    Hell even the current Suns if everyone was in their prime.

Steve Nash
    Jason Richardson
    Grant Hill
    Amar'e Stoudemire
    Shaquille O'Neal

or the 05-06 Heat could play lineups of:
    Gary Payton/Jason Williams
    Dwayne Wade/Eddie Jones
    Antoine Walker
    Alonzo Mourning
    Shaquille O'Neal

The only thing i don't like what he said is that the players police themselves, not the coaches. He's a career malcontent who behaves everywhere he goes, and he's happy to move to an enviorment that has less coaches watching him. FIne, sure...

waiting for the first celtic fan to say something bad about the knicks as if his whole career screwups are there fault - he misbehaved in minnesota, new jersey and phoenix too.

Odomize
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

has he collected enough karma to prevent the Celtics from getting a ring?

Nevermind.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by JJ81
    Will he become a starter?
    nope

College star

Eh, I'm calling hogwash on his comments until we see a handful of games, INCLUDING 1-2 against contending teams.

Fantasy Forum Mod haterofhaters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
    nope
    He might not become a starter, but come playoff time, Rondo's actual amount of minutes played are not guaranteed to him. We saw how Doc was willing to sit him on the pine in favor of Cassel and House during significant stretches and even 4th quarter minutes. That said, Marbury would definitely have to earn that kind of trust.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by haterofhaters
    Not just his only chance at a ring, but his only shot to remain in the NBA. We don't know exactly how much talent he has left, but regardless of the talent, if he does anything to screw with team chemistry, his NBA days are over. So there's a lot more riding on him than just the pressure of on-court performance. That said, I wouldn't mind seeing the guy get a second chance.
    Yeah, right.

As long as GM's believe he still has talent he'll get a job. It's a historical given. Look at the Dallas Cowboys, Latrell Sprewell, Michael Vick (the 49ers have already been rumored to be interested), etc.

Mathius

I was bored and I thought Starbury's logo was cool. So I put it inside the Celtics cloverleaf. So to anyone who likes Starbury and who are Celtics fans and like the arrival of Starbury here's an avatar out of my boredom even though I'm a Cavs fan who is a photoshop noob...

Quote Originally Posted by Mathius
    Yeah, right.

As long as GM's believe he still has talent he'll get a job. It's a historical given. Look at the Dallas Cowboys, Latrell Sprewell, Michael Vick (the 49ers have already been rumored to be interested), etc.

Mathius
    Actually look at Latrell Sprewell. Couldn't you see the situation simlar with Marbury, of cousre a ton of teams would give him a chance, but maybe ar 2-3 a year rather than the 20 he got. I could easily see him not playing. He's not one of these players (as far as i know) who spent all his money.

Fantasy Forum Mod haterofhaters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mathius
    Yeah, right.

Mathius
    I was actually about to mention Latrell Sprewell ironically. How many teams were jumping at the opportunity to sign him? He never officially retired, you do know that right?

He might not become a starter, but come playoff time, Rondo's actual amount of minutes played are not guaranteed to him. We saw how Doc was willing to sit him on the pine in favor of Cassel and House during significant stretches and even 4th quarter minutes. That said, Marbury would definitely have to earn that kind of trust.
    Yes, Casell refusing to pass at times and looking like an old man worked really well with extended minutes, much better than Rondo looks now. I'm all for Marbury getting as many of Rondos' minutes as possible. Hell, bench Rondo and start Marbury.

of course i absolutely 100% don't want the celtics to win a title...

I was actually about to mention Latrell Sprewell ironically. How many teams were jumping at the opportunity to sign him? He never officially retired, you do know that right?
    it's cause of the salary he wants. he gets small money inquiries, and he refuses to play for that money. it's not a case that teams wouldn't sign him.

This could be really good news. Or really bad news for the Celtics.

Naturally this gives the C's a huge edge when it comes to 2nd units on the floor. Marbury brings that instant offense and defense (stop laughing!!) to the C's. Hopefully Marbury will be happy with his minutes.

Good luck, Celtics.

I wonder if it is too late to get on the Celtics bandwagon? Oh never mind. One day my Timberwolves will be back in the playoffs.....I hope.