Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Default Re: Hornets Trade Tyson Chandler to Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by spursdynasty420
    i dunno maybe some guy named kevin durant?

I stopped at dunno which is short for DO NOT KNOW. Because its clear you dont.

Thanks.

College superstar

CP3 fell to his knees, looked up into the sky, and screamed "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

When can he leave for another team?

Quote Originally Posted by stephanieg
    CP3 fell to his knees, looked up into the sky, and screamed "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

When can he leave for another team?
    As soon as he demands a trade... he'll wait till the offseason if that's what he wants.

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

well, on the brighter side, the Lakers and Spurs (and everyone else who thinks they have a shot) don't have to worry about the Hornets anymore.

Hornets are a joke franchise. They would be nowhere without Paul, and now they traded TC for two expiring contracts and a pick. They got NOTHING in return that would help their franchise win in the near future, and weakened their already extremely thin front line. They were already weak in that department with everybody healthy, and now they just kissed a deep playoff run goodbye in order to save money. Paul: GTFO ASAP!

Serious playground baller mswank's Avatar

the hornets won't be that much worse really. oklahoma won't be much better. im kind of on board on this for the hornets, they save cash and theyre not losing a superstar. oklahoma is taking a big salary from a completely overrated dude that had a good year or two because of chris paul. sam presti seems like a smart gm, i'm sure he has a plan...but chandler isnt the same sort of player without cp3.

Good college starter AznTacoLover's Avatar

wow... doing this too save money..

Chris Paul needs to leave the Hornets this offseason. That's a huge slap in the face. As a franchise player, you want your front office to work to build a team capable of winning a championship around you, not trade players to save a buck.

chase boozer for green collison and mason

watson
    westbrook
    durant
    boozer
    chandler

sick .......

I'm never one to count the Hornets out, the fact of the matter is that's how good Chris Paul is (Laker fan btw, so this isnt a homer vote for CP3).

I'm not saying that this move did them any good, I'm saying I'm reserving judgement for a week or two to see what happens, I'll never count out a team with Chris Paul running it ever. If you put a gun to my head and made me make a prediction now? Hornets might as well book their summer vacation for the 2nd round of the playoffs because I can't see them making it past the first round unless West, Peja and Paul play out of their MINDS for a series. Though to be honest and hoping not to look smug, this team was never going to be coming out of the west this year. This team would've been very fortunate to be in the Western Conference Finals this year. A shame considering last years form.

Pelican Brief

I would like all of these people who are over reacting to this trade tell me what Tyson has done this season? He was out for almost 20 games with a sprained ankle. Im not saying that we got better but the bottom has not dropped out on this team. And those who are coming with all of these "When is CP going to demand to get traded GTFO, the guys dedicated to the team and the city . We will add more pieces around him.

Quote Originally Posted by NOHCP3
    I would like all of these people who are over reacting to this trade tell me what Tyson has done this season? He was out for almost 20 games with a sprained ankle. Im not saying that we got better but the bottom has not dropped out on this team. And those who are coming with all of these "When is CP going to demand to get traded GTFO, the guys dedicated to the team and the city . We will add more pieces around him.
    To answer your question: it doesn't matter what TC has done so far this year. It was all about the playoffs. NOLA was trying the "win now" approach by adding Posey. Despite TC's issues, and the incredibly thin bench, at least he provided decent defense against the West's centers. His play on Duncan and Yao would have been key if they matched up in the playoffs. Again, while adding two average/solid PF's to the team gives them depth, neither Wilcox nor Smith are legit centers who can handle the west bigs in the playoffs.

I don't have an issue moving TC with the way he's played. What I do have an issue with is the sudden abandonment of the plan which results in no hopes for the playoffs and no sign of improvement in winning a ring. Not only that, but they still have a huge hole at center.

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    Hornets are a joke franchise. They would be nowhere without Paul, and now they traded TC for two expiring contracts and a pick. They got NOTHING in return that would help their franchise win in the near future, and weakened their already extremely thin front line. They were already weak in that department with everybody healthy, and now they just kissed a deep playoff run goodbye in order to save money. Paul: GTFO ASAP!
    Yes, come to Toronto!

owners know that their has to be some kind of freakish christmas miracle happen in order for any team other then lakers/boston/cavs to win the championship this season. This included with the horrible economy and declining ticket/merchandise sales makes owners want to drop the big loads off in order to not pay the pennies.

Don't blame them, blame the lakers/celtics/cavs being so good this season.

Pelican Brief

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    To answer your question: it doesn't matter what TC has done so far this year. It was all about the playoffs. NOLA was trying the "win now" approach by adding Posey. Despite TC's issues, and the incredibly thin bench, at least he provided decent defense against the West's centers. His play on Duncan and Yao would have been key if they matched up in the playoffs. Again, while adding two average/solid PF's to the team gives them depth, neither Wilcox nor Smith are legit centers who can handle the west bigs in the playoffs.

I don't have an issue moving TC with the way he's played. What I do have an issue with is the sudden abandonment of the plan which results in no hopes for the playoffs and no sign of improvement in winning a ring. Not only that, but they still have a huge hole at center.

Its a lateral move no doubt about it. But the notion that its going to make CP3 leave town is laughable. His defense will be missed. But his D this season was really poor. He was either in foul trouble or doing everything he could to avoid it. The Posey move has not worked out well as of yet. The Hornets have to overpay FA'S to come here. Peja, Posey.

Yes there's no real 5 on the team. BIG problem. I dont like the move. But at the end of the day with almost 20 missed games from Chandler were only 3 and a half games back in the division. Im praying that we can move Mo Petes contract but I doubt it.