Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 253233343536 LastLast

Default Re: Brandon Jennings scores 55 points in Bucks win over Warriors!

Quote Originally Posted by KubiliusF
    you are delusional. Euroleague is miles beter experience
    Prove it. Oh you cant. Even Brandon Jennings said it was a tough experience and one he wouldnt reccommend to every kid. That while it may have helped him in the end, it might really break others attempting it. Derrick Rose goes overseas for 1 year vs college. Tell me how he is a much better player than what we see today. Go on. I'm delusional and you're sane. Tell me.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Prove it. Oh you cant. Even Brandon Jennings said it was a tough experience and one he wouldnt reccommend to every kid. That while it may have helped him in the end, it might really break others attempting it. Derrick Rose goes overseas for 1 year vs college. Tell me how he is a much better player than what we see today. Go on. I'm delusional and you're sane. Tell me.
    Brandon Jennings has one thing that proves ...

Brandon Jennings has one thing that proves ...
    Yeah because if he went to PG University he wouldnt be able to put up identical stats as we see today. Ok.

Dont get me wrong I'm not saying B.Jennings didnt benefit from going overseas. But to act like the euroleagues makes your transiton to the NBA much better than college does? Balloney.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Yeah because if he went to PG University he wouldnt be able to put up identical stats as we see today. Ok.

Dont get me wrong I'm not saying B.Jennings didnt benefit from going overseas. But to act like the euroleagues makes your transiton to the NBA much better than college does? Balloney.
    Its just as Balloney as you trying to prove that there isnt much difference. You are pretty respectable poster here and i give you that. But there are no other way to prove something as Jennigs situation is unique . But i have few things to think about.

1. Jennings is one of the first or first player who got decent deal overseas.

2. Jennings is one of the first players in this draft class to atract that much attention since first games.

3. Check those two and quite being delusional/ignorant and once and for all admit you`re dead wrong .

'Euroleague' and 'college' are broad terms.
    Depends on the coaching staff and the team in both scenarios.
    Generally colleges are more geared to development than a Euro club.

Bucks fan

So GOBB (or anybody else who wants to answer), if the draft were re-done today, where would Jennings go?

I said #1 or 2, and you called me ridiculous. So who goes in those spots? I'll give you that Griffin maybe still goes #1, but now Memphis is on the clock...

Who do they pick in that #2 spot? Still Thabeet?

If I'm Memphis I pick Johnny Flynn.
    Then if I'm Thunder I pick Tyreke Evans.
    If I'm Kings I pick Brandon Jennings.

Bucks fan

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    If I'm Memphis I pick Johnny Flynn.
    Then if I'm Thunder I pick Tyreke Evans.
    If I'm Kings I pick Brandon Jennings.
    Why would you take two other guards over Jennings? Tyreke I can sort of understand based on the potential that his size brings, but Johnny Flynn??

Because Flynn is better at every aspect of point guard play.
    I watch how players play against certain teams in certain situations - not just what numbers they put up.

Also if I'm Memphis, its still a toss up between Flynn and Thabeet.
    Thabeet is 7'2 or bigger and 270 pounds. He is smart, athletic, great work ethic and a fantastic shotblocker. He could easily become a defensive/rebounding force within 3 seasons, controlling games. And he'll give you 10-15 ppg in time as well. He just needs a season or two to adjust.

Bucks fan

Because Flynn is better at every aspect of point guard play.
    I watch how players play against certain teams in certain situations - not just what numbers they put up.
    So Flynn has some sort of amazing point guard instincts that don't show up in the box score, but they're obvious if you watch the games... and the Wolves are 1 and 10 right now? Whatever his talents are, they don't show up in the W-L column either I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by adamcz
    So Flynn has some sort of amazing point guard instincts that don't show up in the box score, but they're obvious if you watch the games... and the Wolves are 1 and 10 right now? Whatever his talents are, they don't show up in the W-L column either I guess.
    Not amazing, but he has better instincts.
    And my bad, I forgot you evaluate players on win-loss record. That's why Al Jefferson, Durant (last season) and Mitch Ritchmond are/were terrible.

Seriously Adam, that's almost the worst post you have ever made*. I know Jennings is great and its been a rough 2000 years for Milwaukee - but your excitement resembles that of a 6 year old girl with a new Barbie doll. Hold off til the All-star break before you splooge.

*and there has been some doozies.
    Last edited by G-train; 11-17-2009 at 08:07 PM.

Good High School Starter Rafael Delaget's Avatar

Not amazing, but he has better instincts.
    And my bad, I forgot you evaluate players on win-loss record. That's why Al Jefferson, Durant (last season) and Mitch Ritchmond are/were terrible.

Seriously Adam, that's almost the worst post you have ever made*. I know Jennings is great and its been a rough 2000 years for Milwaukee - but your excitement resembles that of a 6 year old girl with a new Barbie doll. Hold off til the All-star break before you splooge.

*and there has been some doozies.
    Jefferson, Durant, and Richmond put up amazing numbers. Flynn is a pass-first point guard averaging more turnovers than assists. Let me break it down for you:

Good stats + bad team record = possibly a good player
    Bad stats + good team record = possibly a good player
    Bad stats + bad team record = probably not a good player

A little simplistic, but you get the idea.

[quote=Rafael Delaget
    Last edited by G-train; 11-17-2009 at 08:46 PM.

adamcz...the highest i have B.Jennings going if a draft were redone is Sacremento. Jennings should have gone to NYK imo last draft.

Its just as Balloney as you trying to prove that there isnt much difference.
    Its not. 1 player doesnt determine europe leagues are a better way to go than college. It would vary on many factors. Jennings prior to going overseas or college was already billed as a top prospect. For him to do what he is doin now is nice. But anyone who thinks had he gone to college what he is doin now wouldnt be possible? Is wrong.

2. Jennings is one of the first players in this draft class to atract that much attention since first games.
    Jennings got attention in high school. He always had a hype to him. His name is nothing new. And he wasnt the only player to attract this much attention early in thier young NBA careers. But I guess since u read so many spammed topics about the kid? Well you would think so. Tyreke Evans started ballin as well. Perhaps he should have gone overseas and became a better player than what we see today.

Derrick Rose? Shoudve gone overseas to have a better rookie season than what we saw. And so on and so forth. What did Jennings develop overseas? That he was in basically a pro setting where he wasnt guranteed a starting position, minutes?

Bottomline had Jennings gone to PG U he would have had a similar showing like he is putting on now. Somehow the euroleague better prepares kids. Funny. I'll refrain from posting european players who came to the NBA that took time to develop in the pro game and become studs.