High School Starter

Default U.S. set to host 2016 Copa America

Banned

Default Re: U.S. set to host 2016 Copa America

Lad

Why the same summer as the Euros and the Olympics?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Maksimilian
    Great news! This could easily rival the European Championships now for prestige!

Banned

I think it would be better than the Euros. Lets see here, we get to see Di Maria and his Argentine teammates, Suarez, Messi, Falcao, Neymar and Brazil, Tevez and countless other American footballers I haven't listed yet.

They better come to California because I am going to go see some games as I do with Real Madrid when they come to L.A.

This will be a very prestigious tournament. The American teams are always going to entertain.

Banned

BTW this is one of the longest and most prestigious tourney in the world.

100 years and hosted in the best country in the world.

I can't wait to nail some South American chicks.

Among the stadiums being considered as hosts are Sun Life Stadium; the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, Calif.; MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J.; the Citrus Bowl in Orlando; RFK Stadium in Washington, D.C.; Stanford (Calif.) Stadium; and Reliant Stadium in Houston.

I am close to Stanford and can roll to L.A.

Banned

Great news! This could easily rival the European Championships now for prestige!

Say what you want about the USA, but they have made more appearences (or equal amounts) in the knockout stages of the World Cup recently than the likes of Croatia, Serbia, Denmark, Russia, Sweden, Czech Republic, Greece, Turkey etc. Im not saying theyre better than these teams (Especially not individually) but they do always manage too do well.

Add Mexico in the mix (Their biggest rival), another Central American nation like Honduras/El Salvador/Costa Rica, and some Caribbean flavor (Jamaica/Cuba etc) and youve got one hell of an exciting tournament.
    Be careful people don't like to hear the truth here.

Say what you want about the USA, but they have made more appearences (or equal amounts) in the knockout stages of the World Cup recently than the likes of Croatia, Serbia, Denmark, Russia, Sweden, Czech Republic, Greece, Turkey etc. Im not saying theyre better than these teams (Especially not individually) but they do always manage too do well.

Add Mexico in the mix (Their biggest rival), another Central American nation like Honduras/El Salvador/Costa Rica, and some Caribbean flavor (Jamaica/Cuba etc) and youve got one hell of an exciting tournament.

Nick Young alt spotted.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Dont see how anyone can complain......I mean lets look at the 16 teams at the last Euros, compared to the last "possible" 16 teams at this tournament and compare how they did at the last World Cup. This is the only way to compare the teams, because its the only time they all came together.

#Note : I didnt include Slovakia in the list because they didnt make Euro 2012.

Round of 16 at World Cup 2010

Europe :
    Spain
    Holland
    Germany
    Portugal
    England
    Total : 5

South America/North America :
    Uruguay
    Brazil
    Argentina
    Paraguay
    Chile
    Mexico
    United States
    Total : 7

Final : South America/North America wins.

Will be an awesome tournament for any football supporter
    lol, are you basing who's better with results from the 2010 WC? If so wouldn't the Europeans have the favor considering 3/4 semi-finalists were European squads? Not to mention in the quarter finals the Dutch slayed the "mighty" Brazilians, Germany rolled over Argentina 4-0 and Spain advanced by Paraguay.. All South American teams

PS, Uncle Drew Maksimilian is from Serbia so it's not Nick Young

Banned

you americans thinking your national team/domestic league are good should work for Cirque du Soleil, as you are great clowns. 9er even said MLS is like the 4th league in the world

This could be a great tournament as long as they make sure it's FIFA sanctioned and teams bring their full squads.

Messi, Neymar, Cavani, Suarez, Falcao, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by cos88
    you americans thinking your national team/domestic league are good should work for Cirque du Soleil, as you are great clowns. 9er even said MLS is like the 4th league in the world
    You're the clown if you take his opinion seriously.