Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: "I've looked up to M. Jordan my whole life. He has done something nobody ever has"

I'm sorry 18 gold medals says Phelps is the greatest Olympian. The muffuka has more gold medals than any other athlete has medals period. Being the greatest Olympian ever is a great accomplishment, but as mentioned other athletes are really limited in what they can accomplish medal wise. Bolt can grab 4 gold medals every Olympics in the 100x4, 100, 200, 400 (although he doesn't race this one, I think he could). If he could do that imo it would be a greater accomplishment than Phelps 8 golds in one Olympics.

400 is really pushing it for a sprinter though, which is why athletes are limited, except for swimmers. You can't sprint the 10,000, which I am sure if Bolt tried he would completely die.

College superstar

Default Re: "I've looked up to M. Jordan my whole life. He has done something nobody ever has"

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    Cool. Good for Phelps he couldn't have picked a better role model.

Jordan and Phelps are arguably the two greatest athletes the US has produced. At least in the modern sense.

As for Kobetards, lol, I hope they realize Kobe is the biggest Jordan nutrider to ever have lived.

Dude took "Be Like Mike" to be a literal, lifetime obsession and patterned his entire game around it right down to minuscule detail.

I've never seen in any pro sport one athlete try to emulate/copy another athlete so closely.
    what a moron.

Kobe is one of the most creative/original players in the history of the league. He plays nothing like Jordan. That's a myth inspired by a retarded Jordan jocker.

Jordan was a "quick-strike" type of player. Kobe is much more crafty, and is more of a shooter. He plays a lot more like prime T-Mac than he does Jordan.

If Kobe wanted to copy Jordan as much as the haters think, then he wouldn't have bothered developing a 3 point shot.

He wouldn't be shooting from deep, ever. He wouldn't take all those wild shots. If he really wanted to copy Jordan so much then he would attack the basket more frequently, he would be nice to the media. There's so much more Kobe could do if he wanted to be exactly like Jordan, and he doesn't. Bryant just happens to be smart enough to know that Jordan didn't invent every damn basketball gesture or movement that there is unlike these irrational, uninformed Kobe hating nut jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1
    what a moron.

Kobe is one of the most creative/original players in the history of the league. He plays nothing like Jordan. That's a myth inspired by a retarded Jordan jocker.

Jordan was a "quick-strike" type of player. Kobe is much more crafty, and is more of a shooter. He plays a lot more like prime T-Mac than he does Jordan.

If Kobe wanted to copy Jordan as much as the haters think, then he wouldn't have bothered developing a 3 point shot.

He wouldn't be shooting from deep, ever. He wouldn't take all those wild shots. If he really wanted to copy Jordan so much then he would attack the basket more frequently, he would be nice to the media. There's so much more Kobe could do if he wanted to be exactly like Jordan, and he doesn't. Bryant just happens to be smart enough to know that Jordan didn't invent every damn basketball gesture or movement that there is unlike these irrational, uninformed Kobe hating nut jobs.
    Without Jordan, Kobe wouldn't be the Kobe you know today. Kobe himself said he learned a lot from MJ.

But yes, Kobe plays a little bit more differently but that's because he is less athletic than MJ and loves to take tough shots. MJ is superior when it comes to taking smarter shots, he is more efficient.

@OP: As much as I love MJ, I hate biased idiots like you. Stop hating on Kobe ffs.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RaininTwos
    People call phelps the greatest olympian of all time but that's so subjective. Other athletes have dominated their sports, but they dont have as many events to medal in like Phelps does with swimming. His dominance is great and all time worthy but I don't know about being the best ever.
    Phelps>All of Canada and it's not close.

Quote Originally Posted by BrickingStar
    Phelps>All of Canada and it's not close.
    Nobody fcks with Canada in women's trampoline. NOBODY!

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Asukal
    Without Jordan, Kobe wouldn't be the Kobe you know today. Kobe himself said he learned a lot from MJ.
    Even though Kobe uses some of MJ's arsenal, he also incorporated a lot of his own and took it to the next level the same way MJ took Dr. J's game to the next level.

Here's a great view point on this:

If I grew up loving movies made by Francis Ford Coppola and was obsessed with making films in general. When I got the chance to make a film and one of the films I made was an ode to one of his films, does that mean I wanna be exactly like Coppola?

Seriously people get over it. We all grow up with heroes in sports or a profession that we aspire to, much of what we incorporate into our own work is what we learned, derived from what they did. For many of us, the entire reason we love what we do is because of the people that inspired us. The best we can hope to achieve is to take what they did and build on it to take it to a new level, by bringing our own style, skills, imagination and desire to it.

You are criticizing Kobe for doing what you wish you could have.

There is not a person in the world that doesn't learn from the people that came before them.

We all adopt the mannerisms and traits, styles, looks, habits of the people we admire.

If you believe that everything you do is completely original, then you'd be the first such human in modern history. We're indeed very lucky to have you.

What we should applaud Kobe for is the level of success he has achieved and for the duration of time he has been able to maintain that excellence.

the rest of this is simply jealousy, anger, insecurity.

Troll who tries to provoke you

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    Cool. Good for Phelps he couldn't have picked a better role model.

Jordan and Phelps are arguably the two greatest athletes the US has produced. At least in the modern sense.

As for Kobetards, lol, I hope they realize Kobe is the biggest Jordan nutrider to ever have lived.

Dude took "Be Like Mike" to be a literal, lifetime obsession and patterned his entire game around it right down to minuscule detail.

I've never seen in any pro sport one athlete try to emulate/copy another athlete so closely.
    Greatest Olympian Ever talked about MJ not "once" but "twice" so far as his only whole & sole inspiration.

This gives us a true picture.

Michael Jordan was much beyond basketball. Larger than the sport itself. He didnt just inspire Bball players but his influence spill off on athletics in general.

Michael Phelps always said one thing in his interview. He wanted to change the sport of swimming forever just like MJ changed Bball game forever.

Phelps did that now with 18 golds & 22 medals.

Swimming will never be the same after Michael Phelps. just pure GOAT.

Quote Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
    I'm sorry 18 gold medals says Phelps is the greatest Olympian. The muffuka has more gold medals than any other athlete has medals period. Being the greatest Olympian ever is a great accomplishment, but as mentioned other athletes are really limited in what they can accomplish medal wise. Bolt can grab 4 gold medals every Olympics in the 100x4, 100, 200, 400 (although he doesn't race this one, I think he could). If he could do that imo it would be a greater accomplishment than Phelps 8 golds in one Olympics.

400 is really pushing it for a sprinter though, which is why athletes are limited, except for swimmers. You can't sprint the 10,000, which I am sure if Bolt tried he would completely die.
    Bolt got nothin' on Phelps, the GOAT

Phelps got 6 Golds @ Athens 2004

Phelps got 8 Golds @ Beijing 2008

Phelps got 4 Golds @ London 2012.

Bolt got like 4 golds in Beijing. thats about it.

Phelps wanted to completely change the sport of swimming forever. & he did that successfully so GOAT tag is legit.

Bolt hasn't done the same yet.

Quote Originally Posted by gengiskhan

Phelps wanted to completely change the sport of swimming forever. & he did that successfully so GOAT tag is legit.

Bolt is the fastest man ever recorded, how is that not changing his sport?

Quote Originally Posted by RaininTwos
    Bolt is the fastest man ever recorded, how is that not changing his sport?
    so was Ben Johnson.

so was Carl Lewis.

so was Michael Johnson (the guy with the golden shoes from 1996 olympics).

So was Maurice Green.

So was Usain Bolt.

enuf said.

There has been 10 Usain Bolts by now with or without anabolic steroids.

But There has been only one Michael Phelps who has changed the sport of swimming forever ala Michael Jordan, who has changed the sport of Bball forever.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1
    what a moron.

Truth hurts? Even Kobe has admitted while he admired Magic growing up, he tailored his game around Jordan, it's plain to anyone with eyes.

T-Mac played more like a hybrid between Scottie Pippen and Anfernee Hardaway with a more explosive scoring touch.
    Last edited by Soundwave; 08-06-2012 at 05:16 AM.

[ [ Sickplicity ] ]

Bolt and Lewis are the only sprinters to win back-to-back in the 100m, arguably the greatest single event in the Olympic Games. If he does it again in 2016, it would be something truly remarkable. He already has done something special though in doing record times as well as the fact Lewis didn't cross the line 1st in '88 but rather because Ben Johnson was stripped due to a failed drug test.

Gengis, why did you abandon your Larry Bird Top 5 GOAT thread?

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

Saying Phelps is THE greatest Olympian of all time is rather subjective and somehow disrespectful to others athletes who dominated their respective sport. He's the goat swimmer that's for sure, but the reason he has more medals than any other athletes can be largely attributed to the format of Olympic swimming. Judging one's greatness solely from quantity of medal is silly.

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gengiskhan

What did he do to change the sport of swimming? And out of his 18 gold medals, 7 come from relays, which is dominated by the states, so he basically wins by default.

Very good NBA starter

if blacks had the money and culture to swim and train in the pool since childhood, they'd take over that sport like track and field.