Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41112131415 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Rubio Doesn't Want To Go To Memphis or OKC?

Quote Originally Posted by GiveItToBurrito
    Is it true he's 375 pounds? God, that's ridiculous, he makes Eddy Curry look svelt. Why is he even being discussed as a possible trade asset? I know he used to be good, but so was Shawn Kemp.
    Because Sofo apparently will be joining the Clippers summer league squad.

That man is built like Escalade from And 1, and qrich really thinks teams want him as a bench player.

How you have the ignorance to overrate such slop prospects and players on a 19 win team is beyond comprehension.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
    Sofo was never an MVP in any league. He's actually not that fat anymore at all, actually it's mostly muscle by looking at him.
    Sorry, 3X Greek All-Star 1X Greek All Star Game MVP.

I don't see why Gilbert would have to be shipped out if they get Rubio. He could play the 2 guard and I think that would suit him best since he's a shoot first guard anyways, and it shouldn't be a size issue either with all the tweeners in the league. Even then he has pretty good size (6'4")

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxed
    I'm still a little confused. Why does DKV have to make the finals of the ACB if four teams from their go to the Euroleague?
    Because only big Spanish clubs get the spot. If you are a small club like Joventut you have to make the finals. Or make 3rd place and then have a chance to win qualifying rounds the next year to make it. They played the Euroleague this year because they won the Eurocup. The Eurocup is the 2nd level (think of the Euroleague's version of the D-League if you will) and the champion gets a spot in the Euroleague the next year.

Yes 4 ACB teams play in the Euroleague. They are the huge clubs of Real Madrid and FC Barcelona, and the big clubs of Saski Baskonia (used to be called TAU Ceramica) and Unicaja Malaga. Joventut, which is a mid sized Spanish club (and pretty small by European standards) does not.

However, the people that run the ACB also run ULEB. ULEB is also in charge of the Euroleague. It's why you always hear "the Spanish league is the best in Europe." It's not but the people that own and run the entire basketball system are the board of the ACB. It's also why 99% of all marketing and hype money goes only to the ACB league. In the first place if it was not for that there is no way that Spain would even 4 have teams.

It's just like France's league has a partnership with ULEB and they had 2 Euroleague teams and now they will have 3 starting next year. When France's league has been one of the absolute worst leagues in all of Europe for years now. But they buy spots for their clubs. And so forth. Anyway, Spain does have 4 spots and none of them belong to Rubio's club.
    Last edited by Lakas Fan Yo; 05-21-2009 at 11:32 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    Sorry, 3X Greek All-Star 1X Greek All Star Game MVP.
    Sounds about right. He's not a bad center for 10-12 minutes. I think he could help NBA teams as a 10-12 minute backup.

That man is built like Escalade from And 1, and qrich really thinks teams want him as a bench player.

How you have the ignorance to overrate such slop prospects and players on a 19 win team is beyond comprehension.
    Of course, you are the worlds greatest scout Mr. Hansbrough is a top 5 pick, McGee is the best prospect, Brughmbah has the potential to a 8x All-Star and Westbrook will be a bust!

I've seen Sofo play plenty of times, and to say he can't come in and give a team a solid 20 minutes is a huge joke, like the majority of your baseless projections.

Im sorry but if hes so massively overweight to the point he can only average 9 minutes per game, and his effectiveness comes in short periods when hes fed the ball I dont see how he fills a Brandon Bass/Big Baby role.

Hes a fat 6'9 C who fell off from a MVP in his league to a turd on the bench in less than 4 years.
    Already explained the key reason as to him playing only 9 minutes.

Sofo destroying TeamUSA

Ibaka is only 19 and the purpose is to develop him in Europe for 3-4 years, he was drafted highly because he was just beginning his career in Europe where he can actually develop in an organized setting.
    Didn't know that. Regardless, I doubt Ibaka is a better prospect than Jordan. Ibaka is averaging 11.9 points/8.4 rebounds in 26.25 minutes on a team with no one real notable.

Banned

That's an old pic from last season. He weighed 450 when that was taken. He's supposedly at about 365 now.

Here are pics from last week.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gyu
    I don't see why Gilbert would have to be shipped out if they get Rubio. He could play the 2 guard and I think that would suit him best since he's a shoot first guard anyways, and it shouldn't be a size issue either with all the tweeners in the league. Even then he has pretty good size (6'4")
    Nobody claimed the Wizards would have to ship out Gilbert.

Gilbert fits perfectly at PG because due to his size & strength he easily has favorable matchups against a majority of NBA PG's, and by moving him to the 2 would sacrifice this advantage and maybe limit him.

Washington needs a defensive minded SG who can handle the ball, but is also capable of proving scoring if needed.Basically the role Larry Hughes vacated from the Wizards, and Deshawn Stevenson has been unable to fill.

James Harden make too much sense for Washington.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxed
    Ok here is what the article says in summation.

Ricky wants to be drafted this year, but he might want to stay one more year in Europe to grow as a player. He really wants to experience the Euroleague Final Four which is a big thing for a European basketball player and it will allow him one more year to mature as a player. This is what Rudy Fernandez did, he was drafted, but stayed in Europe for a year before coming over. Marc Gasol did the same thing as well.

In order to pay off his buyout one of two things need to happen. He needs to be selected with one of the top two or three picks in order to get a high enough salary to start paying off the buyout or be selected by a team in NY, LA, Chicago,Celtics who have huge media markets that will allow him the exposure to pay off his buyout with endorsement deals.
    He's full of crap. Even if his team makes the Euroleague (they probably don't even get past the first round of the ACB playoffs) there is not a chance in hell that his club would make the Euroleague Final Four next year. At this point it is obvious that this guy is just spreading hype and talking only directly to US fans who would not know better.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Of course, you are the worlds greatest scout Mr. Hansbrough is a top 5 pick, McGee is the best prospect, Brughmbah has the potential to a 8x All-Star and Westbrook will be a bust!
    Its kinda of funny you have to bring those up in order to boost your ego, I am one of the best scouts of talent on ISH and if there are any better they dont post enough.
    Notice all of those were projections, not predictions and provided factual analysis of each players game.

I've seen Sofo play plenty of times, and to say he can't come in and give a team a solid 20 minutes is a huge joke, like the majority of your baseless projections.
    But he cant even give his own team 9 minutes consistently throughout the season, thats what you claiming he can do so in the NBA is laughable and just you projecting due to your blind bias.
    When he is in the NBDL next season, I could quote these to help big up my ego but I wont because I'm better than that and you.

Already explained the key reason as to him playing only 9 minutes.

Sofo destroying TeamUSA
    You do realize thats from 2006(his prime) and he scored 14 points with only 1 rebound.

Didn't know that. Regardless, I doubt Ibaka is a better prospect than Jordan. Ibaka is averaging 11.9 points/8.4 rebounds in 26.25 minutes on a team with no one real notable.
    Ibaka is an elite but very raw athlete, since you like to post Youtube clips

Here are Serge's
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo9cP0c_okE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZDgyAL7_gA

Hes 19 and in only his 2nd year of basketball in Europe, his potential is tremendous if he can continue to develop.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
    That's an old pic from last season. He weighed 450 when that was taken. He's supposedly at about 365 now.

Here are pics from last week.

Was he attempting a career at professional wrestling?

Its kinda of funny you have to bring those up in order to boost your ego, I am one of the best scouts of talent on ISH and if there are any better they dont post enough.
    Notice all of those were projections, not predictions and provided factual analysis of each players game.
    Boost my ego? No, I'm just showing your past "projections".

But he cant even give his own team 9 minutes consistently throughout the season, thats what you claiming he can do so in the NBA is laughable and just you projecting due to your blind bias.
    When he is in the NBDL next season, I could quote these to help big up my ego but I wont because I'm better than that and you.
    Again, explained that already.

You do realize thats from 2006(his prime) and he scored 14 points with only 1 rebound.
    Since when is a player in his prime in his early 20s? I believe Sofo was 20/21 at that time.

Here are Serge's

Hes 19 and in only his 2nd year of basketball in Europe, his potential is tremendous if he can continue to develop.
    Same exact thing is said about Jordan, except, as of now, Jordan has shown more and has a year in the NBA under his belt. Jordan averaged 7.7/8.5 with 2.5 blocks in 27.5 minutes during his 13 starts, at a 67.8% clip.

Banned

Here are Serge's

Sofo can play 10-12 minutes in the NBA I think. You can't keep saying he plays limited minutes in Olympiacos as some sort of NBA gauge. Olympiacos has a starting C Vujcic who is a top 4 center in Europe and has numerous times had offers to come to the NBA, he just never left because of money. Then they have their starting PF is Bourousis who is the best big man in the world that's not in the NBA and he could easily start in the NBA. Then a backup PF in Printezis who the Raptors have reportedly already offered a contract to, and so forth.

It is very hard for any 23 year old to get playing time on that front line.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Boost my ego? No, I'm just showing your past "projections".
    And outside of me posting them either years,months or weeks beforehand I am still not wrong in any of my assessments of a player's talent.

Find me where I'm wrong in suggesting that McGee was an elite potential talent at C who if developed would be very very good, possibly great.Oh but I claimed he should be the #1 pick almost a full year before the draft if Minnesota had the #1 pick.

Where am I wrong by suggesting that Westbrook had the best chance out of the top 10 picks of being a bust, taken at #4 as a PG but lacks PG skills or range on his shot and solely relies on his speed,and athleticism to slash to the basket.

Where am I wrong by claiming Keith Brumbaugh if given a chance would emerge as a very good if not star player, his versatility is astounding for his size and he can attack the basket with his left or right while having the range to knock down 3's.

Where am I wrong by suggesting an elite PG prospect like John Wall could go #1 over Blake Griffin if in the 2009 NBA Draft, and depending on who has the #1 pick.

Where am I wrong by suggesting Tyler Hansbrough should have been a Top 5 pick in 2008 in terms of how polished he was at PF,his high basketball IQ,and his production in college but because those skill sets for a PF dont solely translate to this era of the NBA he would be passed on by teams.

You baited, I answered, Game, Set, Match, Win-Interminator.

Good night.

Banned

Was he attempting a career at professional wrestling?
    No, he's just incredibly lazy.