Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415

Default Re: Rubio Doesn't Want To Go To Memphis or OKC?

Quote Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
    Sofo can play 10-12 minutes in the NBA I think. You can't keep saying he plays limited minutes in Olympiacos as some sort of NBA gauge. Olympiacos has a starting C Vujcic who is a top 4 center in Europe and has numerous times had offers to come to the NBA, he just never left because of money. Then they have their starting PF is Bourousis who is the best big man in the world that's not in the NBA and he could easily start in the NBA. Then a backup PF in Printezis who the Raptors have reportedly already offered a contract to, and so forth.

It is very hard for any 23 year old to get playing time on that front line.
    Don't bother with him. He thinks a D-League guy who only plays 19 minutes and averages more turnovers than assists can be an 8-time AllStar in the NBA

College superstar

i just think ricky rubio want a lock at a starting job compared to him competing with mike conley, and russel westbrook for playing time.

GiveItToBurrito
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by MiseryCityTexas
    i just think ricky rubio want a lock at a starting job compared to him competing with mike conley, and russel westbrook for playing time.
    I think that if he went to the Grizzlies, they'd have to start him and trade Conley for a promising young power forward or center (good luck finding one of those). No way he goes to either team and isn't the starter by January. In fact, even if he winds up on the Wizards or the Clippers somehow I can't see him warming the bench. He's got so much potential that, for better or for worse, established guys are going to be moved to make room for him, almost in the same way that Kirk Hinrich lost his starting spot to Derrick Rose despite being a more than adequate point guard in his own right.

Good High School Starter

Giveittoburrito,

who is your avatar of?

Quote Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
    and the big clubs of Saski Baskonia (used to be called TAU Ceramica)
    Saski means "net" in Basque, the team's name still is TAU Cer

High School Starter blazerjimmy's Avatar

Originally I was angry about this - brought back thoughts of Danny Ferry, Steve "Franchise" Francis, etc - but after reading through 15 pages of back and forth posts and actually THINKING about it......I don't blame him for having a preference....also, while there is the whole "prestige" thing of playing in the "best league" (NBA), if I had physical skill and the drive to compete at this level and had to choose to play in Memphis, Oklahoma City or Spain.....and I was actually FROM Spain, I'd choose Spain.....I don't blame this kid for having a preference and for making that preference known.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxed
    Giveittoburrito,

who is your avatar of?
    Thats Nick Young.

Saw a basketball once

Whats wrong with the thunder? Durant and westbrook, theyll be awesome in few years. I agree with this site heres the top four picks.

http://2009NBADraft.com

Clippers* Blake Griffin* PF/C
    Grizzlies* Hasheem Thabeet* C
    Thunder* James Harden* SG
    Kings* Ricky Rubio PG