Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Default Re: Heat Appear Set With Starting Shane Battier At Power Forward

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    You're talking about 2 games champ where D Wade and Lebron went off. I mentioned the Indiana's inexperience contributed to their losing. Heat fans were in tears crying that Lebron had no help, Battier sucks, Miller is trash OKC is the most stacked team in the league blah blah blah, then all of a sudden act like their team steamrolled swept the playoffs just because they won a championship. Fact is that the Heat are beatable and depending on the match up there are teams that can exploit Battier or Lebron at PF. It's great to have faith in your team but lets not act like at some points during the season you guys weren't jumping ship.
    So are you basically saying that Miami's not the best team in the NBA and that LeBron can't play PF?

[QUOTE=Nash]Yeah, if Wade got his knee issues at the start of the season.

Also if anything a title in lockout season should be worth 1

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    It wouldn't have gotten injured if everything went as planned with the training camp, preseason and conditioning.
    [QUOTE=Nash]Yeah, if Wade got his knee issues at the start of the season.

Also if anything a title in lockout season should be worth 1
    Last edited by LakersReign; 10-14-2012 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LakersReign
    Of course no COHERENT point to counter facts(Wade going down with a knee injury during a regular, long 82 games season) when presented. Nothing but rambling nonsense. Big surprise
    What do you want me to say? Looking at the 08-09, 09-10, and 10-11 seasons, Wade was healthy when entering the Playoffs and produced at a great and heavy rate. All 82 game seasons with several games in the Playoffs.

But here comes a lockout season, and he has a knee problem that requires surgery right after the Finals?

Lebronyte Kryptonite

What do you want me to say? Looking at the 08-09, 09-10, and 10-11 seasons, Wade was healthy when entering the Playoffs and produced at a great and heavy rate. All 82 game seasons with several games in the Playoffs.

But here comes a lockout season, and he has a knee problem that requires surgery right after the Finals?
    Child please. Bring up all kinds of IRRELEVANT information all you want. The FACT is, had last season been 82 games, Wade wasn't going to last at the rate he was going. There's a reason why he HAD TO have surgery IMMEDIATELY after the Finals....in a 66 game season . Nice try
    Last edited by LakersReign; 10-14-2012 at 05:13 PM.

Child please. Bring up all kinds of IRRELEVANT information all you want. The FACT is, had last season been 82 games, Wade wasn't going to last at the rate he was going. There's a reason why he HAD TO have surgery IMMEDIATELY after the Finals. Nice try
    What makes you think he would have had the injury if it was a regular season? Don't forget that during the lockout the players had no contact with the teams, didn't really train, didn't go trough a conditioning cycle and didn't go through training camp and preseason? How are you about to tell me that if he went through all of that, he would have still had the knee injury? Dude put up 23, 5, 4 on 50% going on one knee that he had to have scoped right after the season. Imagine if he were healthy.

What makes you think he would have had the injury if it was a regular season? Don't forget that during the lockout the players had no contact with the teams, didn't really train, didn't go trough a conditioning cycle and didn't go through training camp and preseason? How are you about to tell me that if he went through all of that, he would have still had the knee injury? Dude put up 23, 5, 4 on 50% going on one knee that he had to have scoped right after the season. Imagine if he were healthy.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Yeah cuz he was just telling the media that it was giving him trouble during the Pacers series, and started to get worse during the Finals, in order to make Lebron look good. I can already tell math, ISN'T your best subject in school

Nice try

You make some good points but the guy you are talking to is LakersReign.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Oh yeah...that's right. I'm supposedly crazy cuz some lyin' dumba**(rrr3) who doesn't know me, or know a damn thing about me, MADE UP some b.s., posted it, and CAN'T prove a word of it. But "brainiacs" like the idiot above me is "normal" enough to STILL believe it anyway, simply cuz the lyin' POS(rrr3) said so. That one didn't go the way you thought it would....huh?
    Last edited by LakersReign; 10-14-2012 at 05:44 PM.

Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

Battier will have trouble against bigger power forwards. He probably won't last very long guarding 4's. I think LeBron should be guarding that position, that way he expends all his energy trying to hold off the big guys under the basket.

Any team with good bigs should be able to abuse a Bosh/Battier 4/5 combo. The Celtics will, the Knicks if they get their heads on straight, the Sixers with a healthy and focused Bynum, the Pacers if they grow some balls, etc...

Yeah cuz he was just telling the media that it was giving him trouble during the Pacers series, and started to get worse during the Finals, in order to make Lebron look good. I can already tell math, ISN'T your best subject in school

Nice try
    Erm... I'm actually in double accelerated math at my school and that is easily my best subject.

But on the other hand, you can't really tell if the knee would have been a problem through a full season. So we will never know that. All I know is that while two of the big three had to deal with injuries throughout the post season, the Miami Heat still came out on top and became champions. They still will go down in history as champions, lock out season or not.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    Any team with good bigs should be able to abuse a Bosh/Battier 4/5 combo. The Celtics will, the Knicks if they get their heads on straight, the Sixers with a healthy and focused Bynum, the Pacers if they grow some balls, etc...
    Miami can easily put out a lineup of Chalmers/Wade/LeBron/Haslem/Bosh out there if necessary. They also have guys like Anthony, Pittman and Harrellson to through around at 4's that will give them trouble. The Chalmers/Wade/LeBron/Battier/Bosh lineup will be a tough cover actually for many teams out there. If Miami goes Wade/Allen/LeBron/Lewis/Bosh, then that would be even more devastating.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Erm... I'm actually in double accelerated math at my school and that is easily my best subject.

But on the other hand, you can't really tell if the knee would have been a problem through a full season. So we will never know that. All I know is that while two of the big three had to deal with injuries throughout the post season, the Miami Heat still came out on top and became champions. They still will go down in history as champions, lock out season or not.

Yeah....uh huh....right....sure....if you say so

Please. The knee was a problem in a 66 games season, so it would've been a problem in an 82 games season. You don't want to admit that cuz you already know it would've meant no championship for the Heat. Simple as that