Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Anthony Bennett = Best player in this draft and ROY

Quote Originally Posted by JMT
    Did you read the rest of the post or are you one of those posters who cherry picks one line to try and make yourself look and feel smart?
    Yes I did, you didn't mention the level of competition he faced in college. You talked about him being a black hole and uninterested on defense & if he had defensive potential he would've shown it.

Serious playground baller toneloc103's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Twiens
    So you're worried about their offensive rebounding? Bennett/MKG should both be solid rebounders, not sure about their C spot. Is Mullens the long-term
    answer there? He'd also fit in Washington.

Wall/Beal/Ariza/Bennett/Nene
    I get you T I was just wondering if he was the outside threat who would get the boards. My question is about Mullins too. That lineup with Mullins a C is downright ugly. I wonder if he is going to fall in the same hole as Derrick Williams did? Too slow for a 3, but not big enough to be a 4...

what's all this hype about poor man's' derrick williams.

How many 6'6 PFs have became star players in the league. like 1 or 2 per decade?

bennett will be the worst defensive player in the league, gaurenteed. watching that guy makes you think your grandma could drop 40 on him , he literally plays negative defense.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

^^ ... while bennett can score on all areas of the court defense is going to be his achilles heel ... he is a small zach randolph ... so i dont like his chances because he is a tweener ... we all see what thomas robinson is like and that goes with beasley and derrick williams as well. he might just as well be a heftier version of al thornton because they can score but 0 D .

Good college starter EricGordon23's Avatar

He's a stronger draymond green

I know I may sound ridiculous but from what I've seen from him, he could be a poor man's Charles Barkley... kid is extremely talented!!

National High School Star Twiens's Avatar

Banned

6"7
    240 lbs.
    7"1 Wingspan
    Good Jumpshot
    High Energy

Imagine a bigger Kawhi Leonard

6'7 in shoes, i thought he was bigger than that.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by veilside23
    ^^ ... while bennett can score on all areas of the court defense is going to be his achilles heel ... he is a small zach randolph ... so i dont like his chances because he is a tweener ... we all see what thomas robinson is like and that goes with beasley and derrick williams as well. he might just as well be a heftier version of al thornton because they can score but 0 D .
    He is far more skilled than Thomas Robinson offensively. I've seen that comparison quite a few times and I don't like it. Aside from their raw measurables, there isn't much of a comparison. I didn't like Robinson at all coming out of Kansas, because I felt he relied almost completely on his athleticism and strength, and that simply wouldn't work on the next level. Also, it took TRob three years to become a real impact player at Kansas.

I think Bennett is more intriguing because he really does have that combination of a large, athletic frame and a nice offensive skillset. Still, his defense is atrocious and he is undersized for the 4 (and can't play the 3 in the NBA). Also, unlike TRob, he doesn't seem to have that nonstop motor.

I think a Paul Millsap type player is a pretty good call. I absolutely do not think he will end up being the best player in this draft, which is quite underrated, imo. He may be ROY, but that insures nothing in the long run. It just basically means you were the most NBA-ready guy in the draft who may have also been brought into a good situation where he could succeed.

Lillard won ROY last season and, while I do think he has a bright future, I don't think he'll end up being the best player in that draft. I would even bet against him being Top 3 in that draft, which had a lot of talent throughout.

I still think Otto Porter Jr. is the most NBA-ready guy and he will probably have the most impact right out of the gates, especially if he goes to Washington, which is what I think will happen. He fits there like a glove.

Btw, DraftExpress has Sacramento taking Bennett. Something about being a smallish PF makes me think that might be a bad idea. I don't know... maybe it's just TRob carryover.

Quote Originally Posted by CanYouDigIt
    6"7
    240 lbs.
    7"1 Wingspan
    Good Jumpshot
    High Energy

Imagine a bigger Kawhi Leonard
    There is absolutely no comparison between Kawhi and Bennett, just as basketball players. Kawhi was pretty obviously a SF coming out of college, whereas Bennett is clearly a PF. Also, Kawhi always had a crazy motor and his biggest asset coming into the league was his defensive prowess (and ridiculously large hands).

Bennett right now is exclusively an offensive talent. He isn't good defensively and, more importantly, seems not to care much about defense at this stage.

Kawhi has a ridiculous amount of "street hunger" to use a phrase from a few years ago. I don't see that in Bennett, though he is a talented offensive player.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    There is absolutely no comparison between Kawhi and Bennett, just as basketball players. Kawhi was pretty obviously a SF coming out of college, whereas Bennett is clearly a PF. Also, Kawhi always had a crazy motor and his biggest asset coming into the league was his defensive prowess (and ridiculously large hands).

Bennett right now is exclusively an offensive talent. He isn't good defensively and, more importantly, seems not to care much about defense at this stage.

Kawhi has a ridiculous amount of "street hunger" to use a phrase from a few years ago. I don't see that in Bennett, though he is a talented offensive player.
    i think kawhis position was a pretty big question mark coming out of college. he played power forward in college, was a beast on the boards, and didnt show much perimeter ability. he just had a great body and athleticism for a sf

bennett seems like the exact opposite. he might have the skillset to play sf, but probably not the athleticism (in terms of quickness)

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    i think kawhis position was a pretty big question mark coming out of college. he played power forward in college, was a beast on the boards, and didnt show much perimeter ability. he just had a great body and athleticism for a sf

bennett seems like the exact opposite. he might have the skillset to play sf, but probably not the athleticism (in terms of quickness)
    The reason Kawhi slipped in the draft was probably the fact that he was absolutely built to play SF in the NBA, but just hadn't done it. I still say it was pretty obvious that was going to be his position in the NBA, out of necessity if nothing else. Bennett is completely different in that regard... Pretty much the opposite. I don't hear many voices saying he will be able to be a full-time wing.

Here's the first paragraph on Kawhi in DraftExpress' write-up heading into the draft:

The top ranked wing on our Big Board, Kawhi Leonard's stock is based primarily on his physical attributes, defensive abilities, and upside, so it's not a huge surprise that he doesn't fare very well from a purely statistical standpoint. His profile strongly indicates that he's destined to play a complimentary role in the NBA, at least in his first few seasons.
    http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Kawhi-Leonard-5821/

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

i think he's a little underrated coming into the draft but if he goes to the wrong team that lackadaisical attitude on the defensive end could get even worse. I wouldn't be disappointed if the cavs took him at #1 but i don't think he's the best prospect in this class. Def. a solid ROY candidate though.

Banned

I think he'll be a good starter in the league. Second coming of Paul Millsap.