Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Request/Suggestion: More info on bans

We've had a couple of bans recently with the most recent ones being branslowski, SPK, and that troll account Rick James. The problem is other than that Rick James account, you wouldn't know what these guys actually got banned for. So my idea is that maybe Jeff could edit a post with the words "User was banned for this" or something like that (of course posts with "malicious content" would just get deleted). Just a suggestion. If it's too much trouble it's fine though, I think I'm the only one who cares about this kind of stuff.

Default Re: Request/Suggestion: More info on bans

I don't even know people are banned half the time because I honestly don't care.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    I don't even know people are banned half the time because I honestly don't care.

Only someone who would go to the trouble of creating an "army of gimmicks" like the sweaty bald man with no life posting as JameertheFear and a hundred other alts actually pays attention to every detail of every poster.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52
    Only someone who would go to the trouble of creating an "army of gimmicks" like the sweaty bald man with no life posting as JameertheFear and a hundred other alts actually pays attention to every detail of every poster.
    i posted proof a couple days ago. nice try.

I remember once a whole bunch of people got banned for using Jeff's name as ****. Like JEFF YOU, YOU JEFFING JEFF. He didn't like that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Killbot
    That was Jeffing funny.

We'll see how funny you think it is when I'm Jeffing your mom in the Steve.

Yeah, been thinking about this. Could be a topic that gets edited with the info, or something.

I'll tell you this, though. 9 out of 10 bans, the person really FORCED the ban. Like, posted something that they knew was doing to cause people to react badly (or throw up on the spot). Like an offensive troll, or something racist, or a violent threat. Something blatant. Sometimes using their real account, other times using another one and getting caught.

Quote Originally Posted by insidehoops
    Yeah, been thinking about this. Could be a topic that gets edited with the info, or something.

I'll tell you this, though. 9 out of 10 bans, the person really FORCED the ban. Like, posted something that they knew was doing to cause people to react badly (or throw up on the spot). Like an offensive troll, or something racist, or a violent threat. Something blatant. Sometimes using their real account, other times using another one and getting caught.
    Yeah most of the bans are kind of obvious, like Rick James. I was puzzled on why branslowski was banned though.

Decent playground baller dilley's Avatar

Just use the search function to....ah shit

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by insidehoops

That would be jeffing awesome

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    I remember once a whole bunch of people got banned for using Jeff's name as ****. Like JEFF YOU, YOU JEFFING JEFF. He didn't like that.
    I actually started that. It was because there was a little stretch where EVERY word that people were using too much, Jeff ended up censoring them. Hater, Fanboy and a bunch of other words that aren't even bad would get starred out when you'd type them because they got overused. So I said we should see if we could get Jeff to ban his own name from getting used so I started using it as an all powerful substitute word like the word Smurf where it really has no set meaning. I didn't think it'd catch on to the point that he'd actually get pissed. My first and only ban (it lasted like 10 minutes I think )

oldskoolball got banned. i remember the "jeffing" thing too. i can't remember if i participated though.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    oldskoolball got banned. i remember the "jeffing" thing too. i can't remember if i participated though.
    What did he get banned for? Bumping all those Bush jr. threads?

And why were the blackface threads deleted? They were funny as Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCallahan
    What did he get banned for? Bumping all those Bush jr. threads?

And why were the blackface threads deleted? They were funny as Jeff.
    He lost his mind again about soldiers over in Iraq, Obama, etc.

Very good NBA starter

bransloski is banned? The guy is a little over zealous in his Kobe love but there's way more posters that deserve to be banned over that guy.