Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Has anybody floated from stardom to role player more gracefully than VC?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjdYf...eature=g-all-u

He didn't throw any fits like most guys do, he just wants to keep playing and contribute.

Default Re: Has anybody floated from stardom to role player more gracefully than VC?

It's the only good thing about VC being washed up now. He kind of knows it and accepts it.

Prime VC was something else though. One of the most exciting players of all time.
    Last edited by Heavincent; 08-22-2012 at 12:37 AM.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: Has anybody floated from stardom to role player more gracefully than VC?

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    It's the only good thing about VC being washed up now. He kind of knows it and accepts it.

Prime VC was something else though. One of the most exciting players of all time.
    fixed

College star

I think he's remorseful more than anything else. That's why he's not making much noise anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by M.Bustly15A5RU8
    fixed
    You didn't change anything

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by DStebb716
    is the bold letter not obvious ?

Quote Originally Posted by DStebb716
    He change, its heavincent that edit his post to be the exact same post as M.Bustly..

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

People say I 'hate' Kobe. That is false. He frustrates me.

You wanna know who I 'hate'?

VINCE CARTER

And I guess this is why.

Him accepting his new role is nothing new. He's always been a conformist. Not a revelation to anybody that's watched basketball.

You know what I LOVE and respect about Bean?

His stubbornness to NOT conform. Sure, he has a desire and maniacal NEED to be the best, that is what drives him, what makes him great. What made MJ, Bird, Magic and others great.

Vince Carter had the gifts to be the GOAT, he had the gifts to blow Kobe out of the water, but he didn't have the drive, he conformed. Not to say he was a bad player or that he didn't improve. But he never had the same desire that MJ and Kobe had/have.

So I'm not surprised that he's accepted his role so 'gracefully'.

Look at the desire that Iverson has. He's not willing to conform, we may write them off as not letting go, but I'd rather see somebody with the passion to not let go, then somebody just go 'accept' it.

Fck that!!!! accepting is for punk p*ssy quitters with not heart or drive.

I rep Lakers!

He never cared about that stuff just the pay check. Cant really blame him he was blessed with his talent and used it to better himself...

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923

VINCE CARTER

And I guess this is why.

Him accepting his new role is nothing new. He's always been a conformist. Not a revelation to anybody that's watched basketball.

His stubbornness to NOT conform. Sure, he has a desire and maniacal NEED to be the best, that is what drives him, what makes him great. What made MJ, Bird, Magic and others great.

Vince Carter had the gifts to be the GOAT, he had the gifts to blow Kobe out of the water, but he didn't have the drive, he conformed. Not to say he was a bad player or that he didn't improve. But he never had the same desire that MJ and Kobe had/have.

Look at the desire that Iverson has. He's not willing to conform, we may write them off as not letting go, but I'd rather see somebody with the passion to not let go, then somebody just go 'accept' it.

Seems like lose-lose to me. If he accepts his role he is a "p*ssy quitter with no heart", but if he tries to be a superstar that scores 25 a game even though he has declined significantly, he is a "selfish cancer to the team".

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923

VINCE CARTER

And I guess this is why.

Spoken like someone who has never been in that situation, or any one like it, in his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Seems like lose-lose to me. If he accepts his role he is a "p*ssy quitter with no heart", but if he tries to be a superstar that scores 25 a game even though he has declined significantly, he is a "selfish cancer to the team".
    I understand that. It is hypocritical, but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueandGold
    Spoken like someone who has never been in that situation, or any one like it, in his life.
    And you know this about me because?

Local High School Star WillyJakk's Avatar

David Robinson is rollin' over in his grave after reading the op.

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

What about his magic days?