Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Brandon Jennings is ROTY

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
    If Jennings wins ROTY I will leave ISH forever.
    http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2010/4...ns-to-be-named

Dunking on everybody in the park Spike Spiegel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    Once again, let's ignore Salmons. And the fact that the hawks have trouble performing on the road. And that Curry or Evans could bend over Bibby and make him squeel.
    OR, we can just praise BJ for having a good series. His numbers:

19.8 points
    2.8 rebounds
    4.0 assists
    1.3 TO
    46.3% FG
    38.1% 3
    81.8% FT

He's played very well. His TO rate is extremely impressive for a rookie point guard in his first playoff series.

Is he ROY? No. It's a regular season award, and for half the season he shot like absolute crap. But he's played well in the playoffs.

Once again, let's ignore Salmons. And the fact that the hawks have trouble performing on the road. And that Curry or Evans could bend over Bibby and make him squeel.
    I know it's hard to be wrong, but sometimes it's easier to just let it go...

-Smak

Default Re: Brandon Jennings won't win but deserves to be Rookie of Year

I get what you're saying that Bougut took his team to the playoffs but in the playoffs its been all Jennings he's been playing spectacular I think performing in the playoffs deserves a merit for roty

I usually hit open layups King Kong's Avatar

if he upsets atl then yes

Again, he shot 30% from the field...

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    I know it's hard to be wrong, but sometimes it's easier to just let it go...

-Smak
    I am not wrong. BJ is not doing anything that other top rookie PG's couldn't be doing in his place. This playoff series does not mean he's ROY.
    Last edited by Showtime; 04-28-2010 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel
    OR, we can just praise BJ for having a good series. He's played very well. His TO rate is extremely impressive for a rookie point guard in his first playoff series.
    I am not saying otherwise.

Jenning is a part of the Bucks turn around... i cant say anything negative about that. But they would have been better or atleast just as good as they are now with Evans.

Good High School Starter

Looks like he's going off tonight too.

Brandon Jennings

Bucks fan

As a Bucks fan, I'm thrilled with Jennings' rookie year. He isn't our best player (Bogut is), but he showed a lot for such a low draft pick. Evans had a better rookie season, and I don't have the energy to debate Curry right now. I'll just leave it at being happy with what Jennings' promises to deliver over the next bunch of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Again, he shot 30% from the field...
    A J-Kidd fan should never be talking about FG percentage.

I am not wrong. BJ is not doing anything that other top rookie PG's couldn't be doing in his place. This playoff series does not mean he's ROY.
    That's where we disagree. I don't think they could. People call BJ a low IQ player, but to me he's one of the highest. There might be other high IQ guards, but of the top 3... including Curry, he has a higher IQ. Just because he looks like he's out of some 80s rap video doesn't mean that he isn't intelligent when it comes to basketball.

I don't think he's the rookie of the year because Tyreke has way better stats. I'm saying I believe he's playing the best ball, is the best leader, and has had the most productive rookie season. He's the person I'd pick on my team if I wanted to actually win a game or series...

You guys are acting like he's a scrub which is absurd.

-Smak

That's where we disagree. I don't think they could. People call BJ a low IQ player, but to me he's one of the highest. There might be other high IQ guards, but of the top 3... including Curry, he has a higher IQ. [COLOR="Red"]Just because he looks like he's out of some 80s rap video doesn't mean that he isn't intelligent when it comes to basketball.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Lime"]I don't think he's the rookie of the year because Tyreke has way better stats.[/COLOR] I'm saying I believe he's playing the best ball, is the best leader, and has had the most productive rookie season. He's the person I'd pick on my team if I wanted to actually win a game or series...

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]You guys are acting like he's a scrub which is absurd. [/COLOR]

-Smak
    Who calls BJ a low-IQ player?

[COLOR="red"]um...ok?[/COLOR]

[COLOR="lime"]I thought that's what the whole debate was about in the first place.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Who says he's a scrub? I just hear people saying why he isn't ROY. Being that he had the highest scoring output in a game this season and is doing well in the playoffs, I don't think ppl think he's a scrub.[/COLOR]

That's where we disagree. I don't think they could. People call BJ a low IQ player, but to me he's one of the highest. There might be other high IQ guards, but of the top 3... including Curry, he has a higher IQ. Just because he looks like he's out of some 80s rap video doesn't mean that he isn't intelligent when it comes to basketball.
    I don't think he has low IQ because he of a haircut. He's an inconsistent shooter who tends to fall in love with his jumper. I don't see anything he does on the court that is special or unique that Curry or Collison or Evans couldn't in his position.

I'm saying I believe he's playing the best ball, is the best leader, and has had the most productive rookie season.
    First off, he hasn't been the most productive. That's not even a discussion at this point. Second, what is your basis for saying he's a better floor leader than any other PG?

You guys are acting like he's a scrub which is absurd.
    What is absurd is your comment. I'm not acting like he's a scrub. I'm just acting like he's not the primary reason why the bucks are winning. I'm acting like some credit needs to be spread around instead of saying BJ = ROY because of being in the playoffs.