Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: According to Bill Simmons: "Blake and DJ dont like playing with Chris Paul"

This is some dumb shit.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Default Re: According to Bill Simmons: "Blake and DJ dont like playing with Chris Paul"

Clippers are honestly overrated as hell. Clippersfan and others need to STFU when putting them in the Heat, Thunder and Lakers class. They're in tier 2.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Liking a team and predicting a lot of wins are not related. They shouldnt be at least.

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    Clippers are honestly overrated as hell. Clippersfan and others need to STFU when putting them in the Heat, Thunder and Lakers class. They're in tier 2.
    Nobody's has played yet, so everything is on paper.

No reason not to think the Clippers can be on a top level.
    Last edited by Legends66NBA7; 10-26-2012 at 05:11 PM.

Local High School Star devin112's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    You realize he said 45 wins at best and wouldn't be surprised if less right? The average win total the last decade to make the 8 seed in the west is 45 wins. So he's basically saying 8 seed at absolute best, wouldn't be surprised if we miss playoffs. How is that NOT disrespectful??????? Use your head bro. This isn't the eastern conference where 45 wins is a 3 seed.

He's also flat out saying this team will regress compared to last year... which doesn't make sense. Bledsoe, Griffin and DJ look much improved and the team got a lot deeper. Not to mention Chauncey is almost healthy.
    You're such a emotional dramatic little girl. I feel slighted as a Clippers fan, but we've still got a lot to prove. 1 year isn't enough to totally change perception or earn respect or benefit of the doubt. I look forward to proving the doubters wrong. Instead of getting butt hurt, take on the challenge and rejoice when they'll have to eat their own words.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Nobody's has played yet, so everything is on paper.

No reason not to think the Clippers can be on a top level.
    But there is also no reason TO think they will be on that level.

As far as I know, it's:

Miami

Lakers, OKC

Clippers, Spurs, Celtics, Pacers, Grizzlies

Nuggets, 76ers, Knicks, Nets

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

But there is also no reason TO think they will be on that level.

As far as I know, it's:

Miami

Lakers, OKC

Clippers, Spurs, Celtics, Pacers, Grizzlies

Nuggets, 76ers, Knicks, Nets
    Nobody including me is saying they are first tier. I agree that until proven otherwise second tier. 45 wins max though means no playoffs or 8 seed at best. Do you agree with that?

Nobody including me is saying they are first tier. I agree that until proven otherwise second tier. 45 wins max though means no playoffs or 8 seed at best. Do you agree with that?
    Not at all. I think Clippers at worst are the 6th seed behind the Thunder, Lakers, Spurs, Grizzlies and then Nuggets. But I think they'll get around the 3rd/4th seed.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Not at all. I think Clippers at worst are the 6th seed behind the Thunder, Lakers, Spurs, Grizzlies and then Nuggets. But I think they'll get around the 3rd/4th seed.
    Exactly what I think. Which likely means 52-55 wins, which is way more than his prediction. Basically he's saying no playoffs or 8 seed at best which is absurd so why am I just being a butthurt homer guys?

Local High School Star devin112's Avatar

Exactly what I think. Which likely means 52-55 wins, which is way more than his prediction. Basically he's saying no playoffs or 8 seed at best which is absurd so why am I just being a butthurt homer guys?
    Dramatic little girl. No reason to bitch and moan about a remark from one sports writer. I'm more annoyed that he's trying to stir up shit with the players then his prediction on the record.

Banned

You didnt shut up the years prior to 2012-2013 either.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Bledsoe in the media two days ago said "I love playing with Chris" and how he wanted more time on the court WITH Chris. Yet he hates playing with him??? This team has great chemistry off the court and even pretty good chemistry on the court.
    If Bledsoe doesn't play beside Paul he's going to average 12 minutes in the regular season and 5 in the playoffs.

didn't everybody predicted the Bulls would finish 5th in the East with no chance of Derrick Rose winning the MVP?

Made that high school varsity squad

I don't believe it.. Blake gets have of his buckets from CP lobs and bounce passes..

Made that high school varsity squad LA Lakers's Avatar

Also said LO gonna retire in 3 months. Wonder if he has word from the inside somewhere to make that kind of prediction?