Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Series Thread: Brooklyn versus Raptors!

I don't mess with the starting lineup. Ross helps space the floor and is a good defender. I don't think those floaters have necessarily been his fault. First game, he had no shot at getting it going with the 2 quick fouls, then a quick 3rd and a 4th fouls. Refs took him out of that one. I would agree that he forced the issue in game 2, and it could be just an inexperienced player trying to leave his mark, but we'll need him to win this series. I like the fact that of all things, Ross doesn't lack confidence. If anything, he was trying to do too much (slowing the game down comes with experience). I have no doubt that his shot will fall, just need time.

Quote Originally Posted by brwnman
    I don't mess with the starting lineup. Ross helps space the floor and is a good defender. I don't think those floaters have necessarily been his fault. First game, he had no shot at getting it going with the 2 quick fouls, then a quick 3rd and a 4th fouls. Refs took him out of that one. I would agree that he forced the issue in game 2, and it could be just an inexperienced player trying to leave his mark, but we'll need him to win this series. I like the fact that of all things, Ross doesn't lack confidence. If anything, he was trying to do too much (slowing the game down comes with experience). I have no doubt that his shot will fall, just need time.
    After tonight's game, I think there has to be a switch. Either you bring out Amir or Ross and bring in Patterson or Fields... or even both. Ross is pale white right now. His body language is so disturbing. It's like he doesn't even want any part of the ball.

Patterson, despite his blown free throws, definitely gives us a more versatile option and 3 point threat. Raptors need offense badly, I think a bench player needs to be in the starting lineup with Lowry injured.

Brooklyn's defence was suffocating (been that way most of the series). They've completely eliminated the pick and roll (pick and pop with pat pat is still working) and the only guy that can penetrate is derozan.

!!!! CAN'T WAIT FOR GAME 5! Home court is back with us!

I know I've said this since Game 2, but this is a must win. Can't go back to Brooklyn down 2-3. Hoping the fans can be a great X-Factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    I know I've said this since Game 2, but this is a must win. Can't go back to Brooklyn down 2-3. Hoping the fans can be a great X-Factor.
    Great success!

Huge game tomorrow. Hope the raptors can establish their dominance on the boards better than the last 2 games and keep containing Johnson. Nets gassed at the end there, we have them on the ropes just need to deliver the knock out punch.

what a game... don't think they would have recovered if BKN pulled this off. Raptors played Hayes in the 4th; cannot happen again.

up 5, no shot clock, Deron drives... no one needs to help, yet 3 guys come and it ends in a 4 pt play (inexplicable). You can blame Amir for the foul, but I blame everyone that helped on the drive, including Amir.

what a game... don't think they would have recovered if BKN pulled this off. Raptors played Hayes in the 4th; cannot happen again.

up 5, no shot clock, Deron drives... no one needs to help, yet 3 guys come and it ends in a 4 pt play (inexplicable). You can blame Amir for the foul, but I blame everyone that helped on the drive, including Amir.
    What about the coach that didn't explain that to his players.

Casey has been better this series, but still a lot of bad mistakes.

great win.

Lowry played terrific. He put the team on his back.

The NY writers are all over Deron Williams. Lowry is making him foolish

Quote Originally Posted by bluerap
    What about the coach that didn't explain that to his players.

Casey has been better this series, but still a lot of bad mistakes.
    Absolutely. Casey plays a part in this as well. Watching Hayes in the 4th just makes me cringe (Hansbrough is a better option if it comes to that). JV should have played more. Also, the lull that Raptors go into after a big lead. It's happened repeatedly in the series.

As a coach, I think Casey has improved from where he was at the start of his tenure with the Raptors. I don't know if Raps implemented a different offensive coach to handle that side of the ball, but there was a noticeable different brand of basketball after Rudy Gay was traded.

Local High School Star

As a coach, I think Casey has improved from where he was at the start of his tenure with the Raptors. I don't know if Raps implemented a different offensive coach to handle that side of the ball.... was a noticeable different brand of basketball after Rudy Gay was traded.
    So two things really.

1) Casey is developing with this team and still has a curve I guess. Not sure what that means to his resigning but MU will make that call...

2) Coaching errors in this series should be considered in light of the fact that he is head to head with JKidd ! I am certain Kidd has a good basketball mind and all but the guy is a rookie coach and he too has made a number of noticable mistakes. If the Raptors make it to the next round... Casey will have to be better against an experienced opponent

Quote Originally Posted by Jballer
    So two things really.

1) Casey is developing with this team and still has a curve I guess. Not sure what that means to his resigning but MU will make that call...

2) Coaching errors in this series should be considered in light of the fact that he is head to head with JKidd ! I am certain Kidd has a good basketball mind and all but the guy is a rookie coach and he too has made a number of noticable mistakes. If the Raptors make it to the next round... Casey will have to be better against an experienced opponent
    If the Raptors make it to the next round, they play the Heat. That is a matchup we lose 9 times out of 9.

First real lop-sided game of the series. Raptors came out flat and played like that for most of the game. Onto game 7! Can't have a let down boys, been a pretty amazing season.

Go to Val early and often cause they can't guard him. Try putting patterson on jj if he keeps bodying our smaller guards.

They are a small team do not let them out rebound or out hustle you. Its game 7. Doesn't get any bigger than this.