Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: Scalebrine DESTROYS Boston's best street ballers

Not doubting Scal's one on one skills, but the second guy fails at one on one.

You always, I repeat always want to start as close as you can, and with the triple threat position. The guy doesn't do any of that, he starts off 3 foot behind the three point line and dribbles straight away.

When you do that it makes it easier for the defender to check you and expend less energy straight away, as they don't have to watch out for the pump fake or the jab step.

Scal always start off at the three, adds a couple of pumps and jab steps...

Go watch a couple of Kobe one on ones, exactly the same thing. Never dribbles 3 foot behind the three.

Banned

Last year Scalebrine was shooting 70% FG and 66% from 3 in the Italian league playing against professional ballers from all over the world.

Guys like Dee Brown who were elite in college go to Europe and don't dominate all the time.

I have no doubt that an in shape current Scalabrine could go to Duke and become one of the top players in NCAA and probably lead them to the national title.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stevieming
    Go watch a couple of Kobe one on ones, exactly the same thing. Never dribbles 3 foot behind the three.
    That's why he is [FONT="Impact"][COLOR="Gray"]"THE WHITE MAMBA"[/COLOR][/FONT]!!

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Last year Scalebrine was shooting 70% FG and 66% from 3 in the Italian league playing against professional ballers from all over the world.

Guys like Dee Brown who were elite in college go to Europe and don't dominate all the time.

I have no doubt that an in shape current Scalabrine could go to Duke and become one of the top players in NCAA and probably lead them to the national title.
    Oh no doubt. Scalabrine was one of the top players in the NCAA when he was originally in the NCAA. I was just saying he wouldn't suddenly become LeBron James, throwing no-look dimes, catching alley-oop passes thrown to the rafters, and speeding past everyone on the court. He'd still be Scalabrine, playing a Scalabrine game, and it would be very good.

Awwww yeah best story I heard all day!

Earned not given

It amazes me how people think they could beat a NBA bench player in one on one. These guys have tons of experience playing against the best in the world and they get the best coaching and training. You'd be a fool to think you could best them, whether they're a small guard or a big man.

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    The smaller guys would be able to get half open jumpers for sure but that's no match for the big guys taking them to the post all day. Not to mention the mental aspect of getting dunked on and the stamina drain from getting post up all day long. Those would mess up your shots.
    "but......but.......in 2k the point guard always strips the center!!!"