Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
    The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: "Rape Crew" in small town Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    This trial is currently going on.
    And, as I said months ago, the rumors of widespread corruption and a conspiracy have been pretty much put to rest.

These quotes are from the Ohio State Attorney General, who has been investigating the alleged crime since August...

NY Times:

As for the case itself, Jane Doe took the stand earlier today. She testified that she didn't want to press charges. Her father forced her to go to the police. However, I'd say it isn't looking too good for the defendants at this stage.

There are three eye-witnesses that say they digitally penetrated the girl while she was unconscious. However, the defense still has not begun their arguments. They will try to argue that, while drunk, the girl was not too incapacitated to consent and that the witnesses received immunity and thus were compelled to testify a certain way.

It is an interesting case, no doubt, but without the widespread corruption and conspiracy angle, it is really not an uncommon crime, unfortunately. That is what compelled this to be an interenational story in the first place. The Local Leaks article in the OP has been thoroughly and completely debunked.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 03-16-2013 at 06:43 PM.

Closing arguments were just given. Verdicts will be issued at 10 a.m. EST tomorrow.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Guilty. Unfortunately the most they can be sentenced to is a juvenile facility until they're 21.

so they actually were football players.

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Guilty. Unfortunately the most they can be sentenced to is a juvenile facility until they're 21.
    I was half expecting a thread title "Kobe's Apprentices Found Guilty"
    Last edited by Duderonomy; 03-17-2013 at 11:01 AM.

Haven't really been following this story, but I'm seeing that they only fingered her. Was she absolutely unconscious beyond reasonable doubt?

Decent college freshman RapsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ace23
    Haven't really been following this story, but I'm seeing that they only fingered her. Was she absolutely unconscious beyond reasonable doubt?
    Follow more of the story.

Is the actual rape footage floating around anywhere on the web? Just wondering.
    There is no "rape footage." No video is in existence.

The actual trial revealed the rape consisted of the girl being digitally penetrated in the car ride to the 3rd party and at the 3rd party, a party which consisted of five kids.

I'm not surprised the two were found guilty. I said in my post yesterday that I thought that was the likely verdict. I never argued that these guys were innocent. My thing was always the absurdity of the coverup angle and the obvious lies spread by Local Leaks. I ended up being right on both accounts.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 03-17-2013 at 04:48 PM.

Wtf is "digitally" penetrated.

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    fingered

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Unfortunately in cases like this where the media plays a large role - 99 percent of the time the decision is going to be the safe one. The media needs to do a better job of reporting real issues and not dramatizing controversial stories and hindering the ability of an already faulty judicial system to do it's job.

If they had gotten off some lunatic would have come at them with a sledge hammer.

On the case itself - I'm usually skeptical in these matters. When whether it's rape or not depends on subjective interpretation of the incident, it's really, really difficult.

They were found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

As discussed earlier in this thread, nonconsensual "fingering" is still rape.

Also being impaired beyond the point when you are capable of giving consent starts way before you are unconscious.

Now that this is done, I want to see everything Anonymous got right and got wrong about this case. It appears, that they got much of it wrong. Considering the cops seem have known about the video of the idiot from Ohio State back in August, did Anonymous contribute anything?

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    Wow. That explains a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
    Unfortunately in cases like this where the media plays a large role - 99 percent of the time the decision is going to be the safe one. The media needs to do a better job of reporting real issues and not dramatizing controversial stories and hindering the ability of an already faulty judicial system to do it's job.

If they had gotten off some lunatic would have come at them with a sledge hammer.

On the case itself - I'm usually skeptical in these matters. When whether it's rape or not depends on subjective interpretation of the incident, it's really, really difficult.
    I think in this case, it became a big media thing after Anonymous blew the story up and they seem to have a gotten a lot of things wrong.

EDIT
    I don't think in this case there was any doubt it was rape. Especially since the guys who were convicted had told their friends how out of it the girl was.
    Last edited by KevinNYC; 03-17-2013 at 07:05 PM.