Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Love Live Life

Default Re: Gravity was such a good movie.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    3 astronauts working on some satellite get hit by debree because some stupid russians blew up one of their own satellites and as you may be aware, centripetal acceleration causes that debree along with any else in that altitude range to orbit the earth so the astronauts clash with the debree. Sandra bullock is mfing hot for a 50 something year old.her legs are boner worthy.
    Thanks.

She looked good in "The Heat" also

NBA Superstar

I found this flick to be quite stunning. I'd certainly recommend an IMAX 3D viewing. I was riveted throughout. I don't really have any complaints. For what it was, it was pretty spectacular.

Even though I called bullshit on A LOT of things, this movie had me amazed. Sure, they could've done a better job on physics and overall graphics (I always felt like I was watching two actors in front of a green screen instead of two characters in space), it still rocked.
    Sandra Bullock? Omg. When she takes her suit off, I couldn't help but notice her body. Flat stomach, amazing legs, relatively decent sized ass. I know every other male in theaters was also staring at her like I was. She looked stunning.

I honestly felt like I was back in space.

Quote Originally Posted by enayes
    I honestly felt like I was back in space.

3D + Dolby Atmos

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B-Easy8
    It was very good but it was also pretty ridiculous.
    Every time they got something to work, something else went wrong. It was really a "What will go wrong next" movie. I half expected at the end when [spoiler in white][COLOR="White"]she stood up on land as she got out of water that there would be a tribe of people with spears looking angry at her.[/COLOR] I know that wouldn't make sense with the "seriousness" of the movie that they went for, but in my mind it made sense because of the ridiculousness.

Overall, it was only a good movie that is filmed great. I was totally into it and it was intense the whole time, but once I left the theater, it wasn't something that stuck with. I reflected on a couple parts with my gf on the walk to the car, but we didn't talk about the movie ever again. Usually after watching a movie, we talk about either what was awesome or what was shitty in different moments throughout the evening (whether good or bad).

If you guys remember the part where [color=white]Clooney comes back to Bullock in the space capsule, opens the door & then hops in, but it turns out that it's just Bullock's hallucination[/color], the fact that so many people accepted in the theater that that was plausible bothered me. People actually applauded as Clooney hopped in.
    Even though it turned out to be [color=white]a hallucination for Sandra B[/color], I felt like this movie proved how stupid people are. They simply accepted that it's possible to just hold your breath in space to survive.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    If you guys remember the part where __________________, the fact that so many people accepted in the theater that that was plausible bothered me. People actually applauded as Clooney hopped in.
    Even though it turned out to be______________, I felt like this movie proved how stupid people are. They simply accepted that it's possible to just hold your breath in space to survive.
    That part was a little disorienting to me. Things were happening left and right and I was trying to follow along then when that happened... it wasn't that I accepted it, I was just sitting and trying to figure it all out. It didn't hit me that it was what it was, but I'd venture to say most of the audience was just trying to figure out how it was so.

Sometimes it's tough for me to come in threads about movies that aim for some sense of realism. They make me feel ignorant. The part you're talking about seemed pretty obvious but to hear some other users here criticize certain space minutiae always makes me wonder, "Did I miss, like, fourteen general ed. astrophysics classes I was supposed to take somewhere along the lines?"

Aside from the part you mentioned, I'm not sure I could have explained or noticed any other real scientific inconsistencies. I mean, I assume the inconsistencies were there, I'm just impressed when it appears so easy for other folks to point them out and criticize the movie for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsmasher
    Rush was better
    Agreed. I saw them within days of each other and Gravity was a cool experience and had an intriguing theme, but Rush was magical. It had that Disney like vibe but was rated R with some very graphic scenes. I walked out of the theater feeling like a little kid with a lot of energy wanting to talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    If you guys remember the part where ------, the fact that so many people accepted in the theater that that was plausible bothered me. People actually applauded as Clooney hopped in.
    Even though it turned out to be ----------, I felt like this movie proved how stupid people are. They simply accepted that it's possible to just hold your breath in space to survive.
    I was so happy that [COLOR="White"]it was a hallucination because the moment he opened the door, she would have been dead without her helmet on.[/COLOR]

Decent college freshman Vragrant's Avatar

The movie looks awesome but Im just not a Clooney/Bullock fan. Its kind of preventing me from seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vragrant
    The movie looks awesome but Im just not a Clooney/Bullock fan. Its kind of preventing me from seeing it.
    I'm not either (in fact, Bullock is somebody I usually avoid movies of), but neither of them are problematic or annoying in the movie. Any complaints of the movie should not come from their acting.

Da Mavs

I enjoyed it. Forget all the physics inaccuracies...it was very fast paced and emotionally touching.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    I'm not either (in fact, Bullock is somebody I usually avoid movies of), but neither of them are problematic or annoying in the movie. Any complaints of the movie should not come from their acting.
    I agree. This movie actually improved my position on Bullock. I thought she performed admirably.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    You could've just explained it to me instead of telling me irrelevant stuff.

Just googled it and I'll wait for it on bootleg

It looks like its gonna be like that movie "Open Water" except they're in space
    When I watched the trailer open water is actually what I thought of. I might watch this later