Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: strange happenings in louisiana

In the Phillippines this thing is known as Kapre

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kapre

My cousin says she had seen one peaking through her bedroom window when she stayed there. Here roon was on the second floor on a flat side on the house.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pete's montreux
    just had a look, it's funny how anything between i'd say 1850 and 1910 is more freaky than any other time period. i think it is just the menacing medical equipment and sub par but grand living conditions.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
    As for the tall thing... anyone else picturing The Tall Man from Phantasm?
    I was actually picturing the tall old man from Poltergeist 2.

....one of the freakiest characters in film history.

Sweet dreams after looking at those pics.

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

I hate you.

Truth Seeker

Quote Originally Posted by DC's Finest
    Haha shit got me in the mood to hear some more of this eerie stuff. Can you tell some of your stories? You have to have had some strange encounters living where you do..
    i was 16 years old at the time. i was living with my dad in an apartment complex that was set a mile south of new hope. new hope is nestled alongside a river. alongside the river is a canal that has a path that is referred to as a towpath. in order to walk back to my dad's place i had to walk on this towpath which is very dark, very scary, and even to this day leaves you feeling unsettled. here is a photo of the towpath i was traveling on:

anyway it's late at night, maybe around 1AM. i had done this walk late at night before and always ended up running home just because i'd get easily spooked. there is a very old restaurant called 'odettes' that i pass along the walk. 'odettes' is considered very haunted, a famous news reporter in the 80s called jessica savitch died there in the 80's to go along with numerous other strange happenings http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jessica_Savitch...

On Sunday, October 23, 1983, Savitch had dinner with Martin Fischbein, vice-president of the New York Post, in New Hope, Pennsylvania. After the meal at Odette's Restaurant, they began to drive home about 7:15 pm, with Fischbein behind the wheel and Savitch in the back seat with her dog, Chewy.
    Fischbein may have missed posted warning signs in a heavy rainfall, and he drove out of the wrong exit from the restaurant and up the towpath of the old Pennsylvania Canal's Delaware Division on the Pennsylvania side of the Delaware River. The car veered too far to the left and went over the edge into the shallow water of the canal. After falling approximately fifteen feet and landing upside down, the station wagon sank into deep mud which sealed the doors shut.
    Savitch and Fischbein were trapped inside as water poured in. A local resident found the wreck at about 11:30 that night. Fischbein's body was still strapped behind the wheel, with Savitch and her dog in the rear. After the subsequent autopsies, the Bucks County coroner ruled that both had died from asphyxiation by drowning. He noted that Fischbein was apparently knocked unconscious in the wreck but Savitch had struggled to escape. There was no finding that drugs or alcohol had played any part in the crash.[2][4]
    i have a zippo lighter in my hand. im sure you're are aware that zippos keep a flame very well. anyway i was nervous so i kept lighting my lighter and flicking it shut. trying to keep myself distracted on this terrible walk. as im doing this i feel a very strong gust of wind, the flame then proceeds to go out, i feel paralyzed by fear, im literally frozen. i see a woman that appeared to be in white garments standing along the bank of the canal. i closed my eyes for a moment because i thought i was seeing things, your mind can play awful tricks on you. i then hear very violent splashes of water in the canal. i glance for one second and it looked as if someone was running through the canal. i immediately ran as fast as i could back to my apartment which was maybe 1,000 yards away at this point. very scary indeed.

i'll share an even scarier story shortly.
    Last edited by AtomSmasher; 03-03-2010 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I was actually picturing the tall old man from Poltergeist 2.

....one of the freakiest characters in film history.

Sweet dreams after looking at those pics.
    Sheeeit! If that dude was dead and in a coffin, I wouldn't be convinced he was dead. He looks like Satan himself.

This guy though is more realistic...

My Shit Don't Stank. DC's Finest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtomSmasher
    i was 16 years old at the time. i was living with my dad in an apartment complex that was set a mile south of new hope. new hope is nestled alongside a river. alongside the river is a canal that has a path that is referred to as a towpath. in order to walk back to my dad's place i had to walk on this towpath which is very dark, very scary, and even to this day leaves you feeling unsettled. here is a photo of the towpath i was traveling on:

anyway it's late at night, maybe around 1AM. i had done this walk late at night before and always ended up running home just because i'd get easily spooked. there is a very old restaurant called 'odettes' that i pass along the walk. 'odettes' is considered very haunted, a famous news reporter in the 80s called jessica savitch died there in the 80's to go along with numerous other strange happenings http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jessica_Savitch...

i have a zippo lighter in my hand. im sure you're are aware that zippos keep a flame very well. anyway i was nervous so i kept lighting my lighter and flicking it shut. trying to keep myself distracted on this terrible walk. as im doing this i feel a very strong gust of wind, the flame then proceeds to go out, i feel paralyzed by fear, im literally frozen. i see a woman that appeared to be in white garments standing along the bank of the canal. i closed my eyes for a moment because i thought i was seeing things, your mind can play awful tricks on you. i then hear very violent splashes of water in the canal. i glance for one second and it looked as if someone was running through the canal. i immediately ran as fast as i could back to my apartment which was maybe 1,000 yards away at this point. very scary indeed.

i'll share an even scarier story shortly.
    Mother****er....

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    If I could pick one time to go live, I'd go back to the late 1800's.
    it would be a crazy time to live, i think anything from the 18th century onwards would be awesome to live in. provided you aren't in the working class lol.

Truth Seeker

my other story takes place around the same time period. young teenager at the time. living with my mom and step father in a condo in a town called doylestown, PA that is 15 miles away from new hope. prior to moving into the condo a woman my grandmother was friendly with died inside the condo due to health complications.

it's around 9 PM. my mom was out shopping for groceries and my step father worked in the city so he usually came home around 1030 PM. i was hanging out in my bed room which was up a flight of stairs. im naturally a jumpy person so i vividly recall feeling very uneasy at the time. i was on the phone with a girlfriend of mine at the time and i told her i loved before we hung up the phone. as soon as i got off the phone i heard a very feint voice in a whisper say "i love you". it sounded like it was coming from underneath my door, i had my door shut. my step dad was a big practical joker who loved scaring me. i figured he had gotten home early and was waiting for me to open the door and pop out around the corner and scare the shit out of. we used to do this to each other a lot. i wasn't interested in that happening for obvious reasons lol, so i stayed put in my room. i kept hearing what sounded like a very low decimal whisper speaking to me from outside the door. at this point i was sure it was him but i was still terrified.

i then took a deep breath and decided to get this over with because it was starting to seriously creep me out. i open the door, no one is there. the voice sounded like it was coming from the bottom of the stairs which wrapped around a corner so it was an ideal place to scare someone. i very carefully and timidly walked down the stairs. i called his name numerous times and he didn't respond. i knew it was unlikely that he'd be home at this hour so i figured i'd step outside and see if his car was parked out front. i go outside and no car.

i walk back in the house, run up back into my room. i called my mom because i was freaking out. she tells me not to worry and she'll be home shortly. as im speaking to her i hear a voice in a whisper mimicking all of the words im saying. im an extreme state of fear at this point. my cat is in the bedroom with me and is behaving very erratically which is not helping me relax at all. i had a plastic pair of handcuffs that were cuffed to my door knob that made a very distinct noise every time you'd open the door. it was something of a rattle. i began to hear a very loud rattle that sounded like something was trying to open my door. the sound began to intensify. i remained in my room and kept a pillow on over my head to block out the sound. after a few more minutes of this i heard my mother's voice and consequently the noises ceased and everything was seemingly fine.

i had seen a woman walking in the house before that wasn't my mother. very intense experience. my mother has some stories that i'll talk about that make my experiences seem like child's play.
    Last edited by AtomSmasher; 03-03-2010 at 02:50 AM.

Man, I would never go ghost-hunting. What the phuck you gonna do if you actually find one? And what if it's as evil as Hitler and as powerful as Chuck Norris? You're phucked

Quote Originally Posted by AtomSmasher
    my other story takes place around the same time period. young teenager at the time. living with my mom and step father in a condo in a town called doylestown, PA that is 15 miles away from new hope. prior to moving into the condo a woman my grandmother was friendly with died inside the condo due to health complications.

it's around 9 PM. my mom was out shopping for groceries and my step father worked in the city so he usually came home around 1030 PM. i was hanging out in my bed room which was up a flight of stairs. im naturally a jumpy person so i vividly recall feeling very uneasy at the time. i was on the phone with a girlfriend of mine at the time and i told her i loved before we hung up the phone. as soon as i got off the phone i heard a very feint voice in a whisper say "i love you". it sounded like it was coming from underneath my door, i had my door shut. my step dad was a big practical joker who loved scaring me. i figured he had gotten home early and was waiting for me to open the door and pop out around the corner and scare the shit out of. we used to do this to each other a lot. i wasn't interested in that happening for obvious reasons lol, so i stayed put in my room. i kept hearing what sounded like a very low decimal whisper speaking to me from outside the door. at this point i was sure it was him but i was still terrified.

i then took a deep breath and decided to get this over with because it was starting to seriously creep me out. i open the door, no one is there. the voice sounded like it was coming from the bottom of the stairs which wrapped around a corner so it was an ideal place to scare someone. i very carefully and timidly walked down the stairs. i called his name numerous times and he didn't respond. i knew it was unlikely that he'd be home at this hour so i figured i'd step outside and see if his car was parked out front. i go outside and no car.

i walk back in the house, run up back into my room. i called my mom because i was freaking out. she tells me not to worry and she'll be home shortly. as im speaking to her i hear a voice in a whisper mimicking all of the words im saying. im an extreme state of fear at this point. my cat is in the bedroom with me and is behaving very erratically which is not helping me relax at all. i had a plastic pair of handcuffs that were cuffed to my door knob that made a very distinct noise every time you'd open the door. it was something of a rattle. i began to hear a very loud rattle that sounded like something was trying to open my door. the sound began to intensify. i remained in my room and kept a pillow on over my head to block out the sound. after a few more minutes of this i heard my mother's voice and consequently the noises ceased and everything was seemingly fine.

i had seen a woman walking in the house before that wasn't my mother. very intense experience. my mother has some stories that i'll talk about that make my experiences seem like child's play.
    Man that's phucked. Yet you wanna go hunting for more.

Truth Seeker

Quote Originally Posted by Junny
    Man that's phucked. Yet you wanna go hunting for more.
    not necessarily hunting because that's how you get yourself into trouble (so im told by people around here) but i can definitely show you some stuff that would flip your whole world upside down.

houses that date back to the early 1700s, very old ruins over indian burial grounds, various revolutionary war figures lived here, it's a very lush rural area surrounded by tons of farm land, etc.

one of the scariest story that was ever relayed to me came from my mother. she was born and raised in italy in a house that dates back to the 1400's. she has 5 brothers and her brother who was closest to her in age shared a bedroom with her. they were very young at the time, no older than 7. they slept with a night light. my mother is woken up in the middle of the night by what she described as a very painful pinch on her chest. she opened her eyes and immediately saw her brother sound asleep in bed.

she then glanced at the wall and there was a silhouette of what she described as a demonic figure swaying back and forth on the wall. the figure was coming from the doorway. she immediately shut her eyes and forced herself to go back to sleep. i have trouble even thinking about this one.
    Last edited by AtomSmasher; 03-03-2010 at 03:00 AM.

NBA sixth man of the year

Why did I have to read this at midnight? Damn you, Marlo, I scare easy.

Truth Seeker

as far as the OP is concerned - i think it's very likely that the figure that was spotted inside the apartment was the person's doppelganger which is a concept that seriously frightens me:

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doppelg
    Last edited by AtomSmasher; 03-03-2010 at 03:09 AM.

Thank you for posting those 2 pictures of that old man... scared the shieettt outta me... im leaving this thread