Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3643444546

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Quote Originally Posted by d.bball.guy
    Maybe just from a different angle? I think you can change the maps angle using the control sticks.
    No man.. I'm telling you. My game has Windhelm attached to the the Mage's College. Her game has a totally different city attached to it. And that city in my game is further towards the middle of my map, and not anywhere near the college.

I love this game. I even really like the small things like reading the various journals/notes throughout the game, the comments people will make and how some of their dialogue gets updated when something major happens in the game, watching enemies doing pirouettes and/or falling sizable distances when I hit them with Ice Form, watching other battles (I was at one place and I had a great view of a dragon fighting against a Forsworn fort), watching a thief run around in Riften only to get mowed down by a rain of arrows, etc...

My only problems:
    Jumping can be retarded at times
    It can take a while to get to some locations (stupid mountains...). I don't like having to travel all the away around an area just to find the one path that leads up (so yeah, sometimes I'll use my super-mountain climbing horse to get up)
    Not much of a problem, but dragons can attack at some inopportune times (when I first got to Karthwasten I was watching some sort of dispute when it got abruptly interrupted by some asshole dragon. I used the Storm Call shout, and found out that you shouldn't do it when civilians are nearby...)
    I thought some of the questlines were too short. I was liking the Dark Brotherhood line, but then it kind of ends abruptly. I got the new place and spiffied it up and then that was it (I'm not going to count the unlimited 'kill random person' quest)
    The only quest I haven't liked so far is the 'find 30 crimson nirnroots' one

I'm getting closer and closer to getting everything done, but I did get all the add ons when they were on sale, so I have a decent amount of things left to do
    -I had to adopt Hroar, the Spanish Lion Tamer, when he said his name...

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    Now Skyrim is a good game that has it's obvious flaws. Ones that I often point out is the foolishness of dungeons and repetitiveness(run in, kill dragur, grab something or kill a major boss, word wall, secret exit).
    What game doesn't have a heavy element of repetitiveness? The GTA games get a lot of love, but they're highly, highly repetitive. What does "the foolishness of dungeons" mean? There's plenty of quests that don't involve going to a dungeon and killing something.

Another is the lack of character growth. I'm the leader of a guild, helped lead a rebellion, and I'm just as respected as if all I had done with my character is run around naked collecting wolf pelts. Oh, and I'm the dragonborn.
    "Maybe I'm the Dragonborn and I just don't know it yet." Most people don't know you're the Dragonborn. Call them naive if you want. I agree with you to an extent, but also disagree. Some of the assholes treat me like an errand boy even though I've done all kinds of great things that should earn me great respect throughout the lands, but it's not something that bothers me that much. It makes me kind of feel like a super hero from a comic book. I've gone out and done all these wonderful things, then come home and nobody knows the things I've accomplished... Some of the people do change upon what you have done, though. Guards and some other people's dialogue gets updated when something major happens. Some will like/dislike you over what has happened/what you've done. Some will hire thugs to come after you. You can become honored as a Thane in the various holds. Things like that.

Legendary update is tomorrow.Lets you go above 100 for skills

Just got back on after a long absence and I am totally bummed that the Riverwood Trader is now back down to his original $$$ amount even after I've already invested in him.. I have a bunch of valuable shit I need to sell. I don't want to have to start the thieves guild quest just to get someone with some decent money... are there any other traders/store owners worth investing in?

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

recently started playing this and fallout new vegas again.

they are good but i hate the f*cking bugs in these games and sometimes its too easy to completely f*ck up a quest you are doing.

Im level 22 in skyrim and i still feel like i have no idea what i'm doing. Fallout is even more complicated.

I hated Skyrim. I wanted to like it, but it just bored me to death with the copy and paste quests and non-existent "story".

Fallout is much better imo.

Dunking on everybody in the park The Iron Sheik's Avatar

to all the guys who say skyrim sucks, you need to get a good pc and play with mods. seriously, it changes the entire experience and all of the bugs are pretty much fixed. it's like playing a whole new game.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    I hated Skyrim. I wanted to like it, but it just bored me to death with the copy and paste quests and non-existent "story".

Fallout is much better imo.

i like the post apocalyptic world w/ guns over the fantasy world with medieval weaponry and magic but Fallout is just so goddamn complicated, buggier, and way easier to f*ck sh*t up so you need to constantly save every so often.

The only bethesda games i've played are new vegas and skyrim, and skyrim to me seemed a lot more accessible.

Skyrim is amazing. But it really lacks a solid storyline and memorable characters.

I mean what rpg has less memorable characters? I literally can't remember one character besides like the head Mage. That to me, is its biggest flaw.

Dunking on everybody in the park The Iron Sheik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    Skyrim is amazing. But it really lacks a solid storyline and memorable characters.

I mean what rpg has less memorable characters? I literally can't remember one character besides like the head Mage. That to me, is its biggest flaw.
    i remember hadvar and serana. that's about it. oh and ulfrit of course.

Banned

one of the best games i played in the last 4 years but i did not finish it.

made so many side stories and my character was way to strong even for the highest difficulty. late story did not make me want to continue and numerous bugs also made me watch youtube for the ending

I restored the blades to glory. I start thinking, these guys deserve some dragon armor (heavy). I give it to one of the followers, and then next time we're in battle she's wearing her blades armor!?!? I can't even trade away to take away her Blades armor so she has no choice.. All that work for nothing.

These were who I got to join the Blades:
    Uthgerd the Unbroken, from White Run she was kicked out of the Companions
    Borgakh the Steel Heart, persuaded her from her Orc stronghold, Mor Khazgur.
    Ogol, from Largashbur Orc Stronghold.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

I finally got around to playing Skyrim and I'm hooked. It's cool to just wander around this world and have adventures.

Home of the 16

I'm thinking of starting over for the fourth time. 2nd time on PC. I quit the last time because I went over the top with the cheats. Now, I'm thinking that there's no way it takes 20 arrows to kill an arrow, maybe, I should only mod my archery & one-handed level? The things you should only be able to level up in this game is your moves & not the strength of your arrow, sword hit.