Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Kevin Love will be the biggest bust in the 2008 draft

Quote Originally Posted by SupermanOnSteroids
    where did i say that?
    Nowhere.
    I haven't seen him play, and you said he could be like Jamison, so I questioned if that would make him be a bust in people's eyes (thread opener's mostly).

I think Love might end up as a better college player than pro player. I will question his athleticism until he proves differently. He was never an above the rim player in college and in the pro's I always worry about big men that don't dunk (see Sean May) and how they will handle the more athletic defenders in the NBA. Some succeed, some don't. But seeing that these type players gave him problems in college, I could see him struggling some initially. Being in Minny with McHale should help though, but I don't know how he and Al will coexisit since both operate in the low post.

How tall is he exactly. I usually look at 6-9 as adequate size for a starting PF(unless they have other freak attributes like a Brand or Barkley) and 6-10 as adequate for a starting center(unless they have freak attributes like a Wallace)

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    How tall is he exactly. I usually look at 6-9 as adequate size for a starting PF(unless they have other freak attributes like a Brand or Barkley) and 6-10 as adequate for a starting center(unless they have freak attributes like a Wallace)
    Love has good size at almost 6-8 w/o shoes, 255 pounds, a near 7 foot wingspan and his surprising 35 inch vertical will help him make up for an inch or 2.

Made that high school varsity squad

Quote Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
    Love has good size at almost 6-8 w/o shoes, 255 pounds, a near 7 foot wingspan and his surprising 35 inch vertical will help him make up for an inch or 2.
    When has he ever used his vert

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    I think Love might end up as a better college player than pro player. I will question his athleticism until he proves differently. He was never an above the rim player in college and in the pro's I always worry about big men that don't dunk (see Sean May) and how they will handle the more athletic defenders in the NBA. Some succeed, some don't. But seeing that these type players gave him problems in college, I could see him struggling some initially. Being in Minny with McHale should help though, but I don't know how he and Al will coexisit since both operate in the low post.
    Sean May's problems have been health and conditioning, but when he's actually on the floor the kid produced. I feel love is gonna be a solid nba starter for years to come. Athleticism is great, but there's something to be said for having actual basketball skills, and love is a very skilled low post player.

Decent college freshman BFRESH44's Avatar

Kevin Love will be a solid 14/9 player for some time. Not a bust by any means.

Comparing him to Reddick and Morrisson is stupid. Love was among all the super freshman whom produced. You produce star numbers as a freshamn in a major conference (Pac-10), you have game that translates. Period.

Local High School Star mrhoopfan's Avatar

This pick really intrigues me......i originally thought Love would do well only on a team that had a pretty good center....I'm sorry, but a front line of Darko and love is SOFT.......but I'm rooting for the guy though!!

Not airballing my layups anymore Mad Max's Avatar

Kevin Love has never been projected to be a franchise player. Some dont even think perrennial All Star player. Kevin Love produces solid numbers this topic and its creator will once again fail. Kevin Love would have to put up Darko stats to be considered a bust.

Love is going to be RotY.

He's going to be beasting next to Big Al Jeff.

Kevin Love looks like he has skills...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BFRESH44
    Kevin Love will be a solid 14/9 player for some time. Not a bust by any means.

Comparing him to Reddick and Morrisson is stupid. Love was among all the super freshman whom produced. You produce star numbers as a freshamn in a major conference (Pac-10), you have game that translates. Period.
    Thats what im really getting sick of is how every white player is compared to Reddick and Morrison.

I agree Kevin Love is going to be a 14/9 player in his career,the only comparable player to Love that was a bust is Michael Sweetney but Love has now trimmed down to 250 while Sweetney's weight fluctuated to the point he was out of the league.

Love also is more polished in the post and has better basketball IQ than Sweetney or any other big man in the past 3 NBA Drafts.

That's why his praise was so high because he knew where to be on the court at all times on offense and defense and that's very rare to find for a young big man 20 & under.

Love quickly become one of my fav player in the league.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by west
    Love quickly become one of my fav player in the league.
    epic bump, Love is looking like one of the best bigs from last years draft. Lopez is #1 in my book

Dude has been beasting since his return form injury. Something like 11 double doubles in 13 games, that alone is more than what Morrison and Reddick have done combined in the league since they were drafted.

Kevin Love is a beast close this thread.