Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Future D1 Dad

wow, quite a surprise! indiana has tried to get rid of croshere for the past 3 seasons and of all the teams to want him...it's dallas. i guess he's gonna be kvh's replacement for this season.

my pacers aren't looking too shabby so far. marquis is a more defensive player and should prove to be a valuable backup. now if they can only get rid of tinsley..........

Not airballing my layups anymore

Thanks for the info, kent.

my pacers aren't looking too shabby so far. marquis is a more defensive player and should prove to be a valuable backup. now if they can only get rid of tinsley..........
    I don't know. I think Donnie and Larry have quite a bit of work to do before we can be happy with this offseason. I'd be fine with Tinsley leaving, but I would not want to just dump his contract off. His value is probably at an all time low right now, and he'd be a great back up point to AJ when he's healthy.

Saw a basketball once

Default devin harris

when they drafted harris, the mavericks believed that he had the potential to turn into a kevin johnson type player. He's got the athleticism, the quickness in particular as most of you saw in the second round series and game 1 of the WCF, to be a KJ clone. So far he has done a pretty good job considering he has faced some injuries and limited playing time. One problem that is clear is that he is not much of a distributr, true pg type player. At Wisconsin he was more of a scorer. Plus he needs to get more consistent with his jumpshot. He has sort of an awkward release, but hopefully he'll be able to nail open jumpers on a consistent basis next season, because opposing defenders are going to have to give him room to shoot, or else he'll be at the basket in a heartbeat. Defensively Harris can be a stud. His quickness allows him to keep up with anybody. He did very well against Wade in th finals. He's got quick hands too. I can see him turining into a Tony Parker. I hope so at least. Him and Barbosa are very similar in their athletical talents and where they are career wise. I see them both turning into really good players.

Local High School Star LiL Stevie's Avatar

Devin Harris is developing, and we saw how good he can be in flashes during the playoffs. A couple games in the San Antonio series, he emerged as a slashing, running, fast-breaking beast. However, as you saw, when the Spurs put strong emphasis on stopping him, as in the latter part of the series, he was shut down and wasn't the factor that he was in the earlier games. Another example of how good he can be is game 1 of the Phoenix series. The Suns had no answer for him as he just kept answering every shot the Suns made by attacking them. Even stepped up and made a clutch shot with 5 seconds left.

He still needs to be a better finisher around the basket. There were a lot of times when he'd beat his man, get all the way near the rim, but couldn't finish, especially on the left side of the basket. He will have to learn to be a better passer too. As far as shooting, he makes some shots but his mid-range jumper isn't a threat to anyone. I'd like for him to get to Tony Parker's level in shooting.

Defensively, he's already pretty good. He did well when guarding Tony Parker and Steve Nash, and he had good moments against Wade, obviously didn't shut him down, but Hubie Brown was praising his D a lot.

All in all, he's on a good pace. The only other thing I'd like to see, is him staying healthy for a majority of a season. Keep in mind that he's only 23 years old.

can any Indy fans give us Mavs fans the lowdown on AC? ive never really had a high opinion of him but maybe im missing something.

Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by miles berg
    Sacred, you know better than that my friend. Keith is a FA, Croshere is simply a replacement.

Basically Dallas traded Quis and Van Horn for Ager and Croshere, take it for what you want, that is the truth.
    I for one wasn't realizing that Van Horn is a free agent when I was posting. I partied hard last night and maybe it has affected my intelligence at that time...

Anyway, I don't understand why the Mavericks gave up on Marquis Daniels this early. I always thought that Quis should be their starting point guard alongside Terry who's not your prototype point guard and I don't like the idea of starting both Harris and Terry either as more and more teams are being equipped with bigger point guards right now.

Local High School Star Silent Mav's Avatar

Dirk will get a yr deal after next season he can opt out of his contract which he will so he can sign a 6 yr extention.
    They are looking to sign him to a 3 year extension to his present deal of next year and the player option for a total of 5 more years. Keeping him till the 2010-2011 season.

I'm quite surprised really, but I like the deal for the Pacers, they get back a player that's close to what they used to have in Jalen Rose + defense
    Last edited by kwajo; 07-06-2006 at 11:30 AM.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease NBAfan32's Avatar

Good pickup for the Pacers. Im a big Marquis Daniels fan, he's a decent defender and can contribute on offense when needed. Wasnt expecting the Mavs to do this deal though.

Roy = my new fave.

Croshere has a real high chance of his expiring deal being moved at the deadline.

SAVE Planet Orange PHXsunsROCK1105's Avatar

Dear God!

What The Heck Is Dalls Doing?! Don't They Know The Difference Between An Athletic Young Player And Some Slow Fat White Guy!!

NBA lottery pick

Haha, now Mavs fans would wish it was Gooden. Looking forward to Daniels in Indiana. I think the Pacers will trade Stephon Jackson (how funny would that be) or Tinsley to Atlanta for Al Harrington.

Banned

Dear God!

What The Heck Is Dalls Doing?! Don't They Know The Difference Between An Athletic Young Player And Some Slow Fat White Guy!!
    try reading the ****ing thread

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Also mavs saved 19 million dollars.

NBA lottery pick

The moves makes no sense, because

A) Croshere is not better than KVH, who the Mavs could resign for less than what Croshere makes.

B) The Mavs will never get under the cap with Finley