Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Evidence for Jordan as a d*ck?

Jordan is a f*ckin ass as person as far as I have ever seen...

not a person I would like to be around... Totally separate from the fact that he is the goat on the court (or maybe directly because of that).

not a good human being.. but an awesome bball palyer

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    Jordan is a f*ckin ass as person as far as I have ever seen...

not a person I would like to be around... Totally separate from the fact that he is the goat on the court (or maybe directly because of that).

not a good human being.. but an awesome bball palyer
    Damn. Do you know Jordan personally?

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyes
    You'd rather have Russell who was notoriously nasty with many people?
    None of whom were his teammates. Russell cared about his team, and his team winning. If you weren't on the team, then you were irrelevant to the main objective of winning, so he didn't care.

I don't know how many (if any) people here have actually met the man and spoken with him, but I have, and he was cordial to me, so I can only speak from my own experience. Though I am aware that some people have had bad experiences with him, though that was earlier than my meeting with him. I also don't act the way some (most?) people do should they happen to be in the presence of notable people, so that may have also had something to do with my not having an unpleasant experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    I have to say that though Jordan was an a-hole, 6 rings in 8 years don't lie. If he was an awful teammate, the Bulls wouldn't have been able to get over the hump. Jordan might not be a saint, but who is, really?
    I've always wondered why a-hole and "saint" are often presented as the only two possible options. False dichotomy.

Quote Originally Posted by Djahjaga
    Thanks for the replies.

Like I said, I have no problem with however any player chooses to act off the court. And I know most superstars have egos and are genuine assholes (although, I don't think Bird and Magic are).

I was trying to convince someone (my brother) of this and he wouldn't take any of those quotes or stories of Jordan as evidence he was a dick to at least his teammates.
    It's actually pointless to attempt to "convince" anyone of anything. People will believe what they wish to believe, and there's absolutely nothing you could show him that would change his mind. It's a wasted effort.

Jordan was just a bully because he was so good. Cartwright stood up to him and never get bothered again after that. Classic bully behavior.

Learning to shoot layups NickTheQuick31's Avatar

Lets be honest, who on here has never said or thought about wanting to punch a fellow work college? I consider myself a nice guy, but you can not choose who your teammates are in pro sports so your going to get good and bad working relationships just like regular folk in the workforce.

The OP is a bitch ass cocksucking faggot.

No, seriously though, it's been documented many times before that Jordan wasn't too nice to team mates whom he felt weren't giving their all. So he wanted to win Not like he was out there committing felonies and shit.

Much ado about nothing.
    Last edited by TheMan; 03-22-2013 at 06:00 AM.

Can you imagine if Royce White was drafted to the Bulls as a rookie when Jordan was there? I bet Jordan would've broken White's spirit, mind, and thumbs so that he could never post on Twitter ever again.

Winning was all mattered to him.. How he treated people didn't matter to him at all.

Learning to shoot layups howlin_wolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brantonli
    Can you imagine if Royce White was drafted to the Bulls as a rookie when Jordan was there? I bet Jordan would've broken White's spirit, mind, and thumbs so that he could never post on Twitter ever again.

Jordan would have probably told him he had a surprise waiting for him, would have covered his eyes so he wouldnt see where they're going and boom. White realizes he's in mid-air.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

If Jordan really is trying to make a comeback he's going to be a complete laughingstock. He may talk trash to LeBron but what happened to Bryant's nose in an all star game?
    I for one am glad to watch Jordan find this out because he's unlikeable:

In Roman times, a conquering general was allowed a

I rule the local playground Rondo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    If you want a "nice guy" NBA superstar, go cheer for Chris Bosh.

Not every great player needs to be a dick and not every nice guy in the NBA needs to be an average at best player. Jordan, like others, isn't a very nice person. It's nothing to do with being one of the all time greats. It's just who he is.

NBA rookie of the year Glide2keva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    Most NBA superstars can be labelled jerks.

Larry Bird has a daughter he refused to acknowledge and there are stories of him being a very cold person.

Magic Johnson slept with half the Los Angeles area and tried to get a coach fired.

Isiah Thomas ... needs no introduction to being an ass.

LeBron James tattooed "Chosen One" on his body before winning a damn thing. And then embarrassed Cleveland with his TV special.

Shaq could be a royal a-hole (lol) and had a huge jealous streak.

Kobe was an aloof walking hero complex.

The thing I do respect about MJ is his GAME did all his talking. He didn't talk himself up nor would he ever get a tattoo claiming he was the greatest or whatever.

Whatever hype he had from commercials -- he lived up to the hype and often times exceeded it. He wasn't a show off or a front runner. He put in the hard work to back up everything he did.

Sure he wasn't a teddy bear either, yes he talked trash on the court, yes he was hard on his teammates ... but I don't think he'd have six championships and be considered the GOAT if he didn't have that.

If you want a "nice guy" NBA superstar, go cheer for Chris Bosh.
    This!!!!!

All these athletes who are viewed as A holes but are defended by fanboys who are rationalizing their behavior for their success are deluded.

Famous people (athletes, movie stars, etc...) have the luxury to act this way because of supply is greatly exceeded by demand.

Imagine if you took all of MJ's quotes and put them into a mundane context with regular anonymous workers and see how long those guys stayed EMPLOYED and how long they stay UNemployed.

Yea...That's what I thought.

MJ is a celebrity who can get away with almost anything but a federal/serious crime.

With that said, MJ still inspires me as a person trying to better himself and succeed. But I don't have worship 100% of his personality or 100% of his action.
    Last edited by 9512; 03-22-2013 at 08:40 AM.