Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cavs OT lounge

Default Cavs OT lounge

Use this space to post random thought that have nothing to do with basketball............

Talk about other sports, girls, life, etc..........

My Cincy Bengals cut Chris Henry. What a complete tool! Stay the hell out of trouble! That guy is pissing away his career by being a complete knuckehead! He's soooo talented, and that's the shame. Just can't get it together. I applaud the organization for their swift justice, and probably would've been upset if they kept him around.

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Cavs OT lounge

Sometimes I REALLY want to vent about how $hitty my job has been lately, but the retards in the OT lounge wouldn't be sympathetic, they'd just start ripping on me for it.

I can't wait until I get through the union training, and then I can go work for someone else instead of my shi+ head boss if I want, and I will be making good money doing it.

Mathius

Quote Originally Posted by Mathius
    Sometimes I REALLY want to vent about how $hitty my job has been lately, but the retards in the OT lounge wouldn't be sympathetic, they'd just start ripping on me for it.

I can't wait until I get through the union training, and then I can go work for someone else instead of my shi+ head boss if I want, and I will be making good money doing it.

Mathius
    What do you do for a living?
    Last edited by mlh1981; 04-03-2008 at 07:05 PM.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981
    What do you do for a living?
    I don't usually like to give out any personal information over the internet, especially in a place this juvenile, but I have a background as a welder, and recently joined the sheetmetal workers union, where I have to start out as an apprentice. I currently work in a specialty shop. We do everything from heavy i-beams to thin wall air conditioning duct. I work in the field, and in the shop, although I like the field better. Took two trips to Mich. already this year to do work up there. Last trip I stopped by the Palace in Detroit and we saw CCR in concert for $15.

Mathius
    Last edited by Mathius; 04-03-2008 at 07:43 PM.

I don't usually like to give out any personal information over the internet, especially in a place this juvenile, but I have a background as a welder, and recently joined the sheetmetal workers union, where I have to start out as an apprentice. I currently work in a specialty shop. We do everything from heavy i-beams to thin wall air conditioning duct. I work in the field, and in the shop, although I like the field better. Took two trips to Mich. already this year to do work up there. Last trip I stopped by the Palace in Detroit and we saw CCR in concert for $15.

Mathius

I don't blame you for not giving out that info.

I have made a few OTC topics that I regret over the past few years, and it's better to be safe than sorry. With my personal websites that I have online (myspace/facebook), I have always made them wayy too accessible, but I have come to learn that some people have too much time on their hands and it's wrecking my life a little bit.

Dunking on everybody in the park InLebronWeTrust's Avatar

I've come to hate Carlos Mencia with a flaming passion.

Also.. I like the smell of pina coladas, and I fear midgets with all that I am.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

I've been 'promoted' to Cavalier forum mod along with mlh. I hope to see insightful, thought-provoking threads in this forum. I don't normally even check this forum, so I have no idea about what has been going on, but I'm anxious to get in on the conversations.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I've been 'promoted' to Cavalier forum mod along with mlh. I hope to see insightful, thought-provoking threads in this forum. I don't normally even check this forum, so I have no idea about what has been going on, but I'm anxious to get in on the conversations.

We've been talking about you behind your back. Now you've spoiled it.

Seriously though, we were wondering where the heck you've been. You disappeared right before the Finals last year, and no one has seen you around here lately with the start of the playoffs.

Mathius

We've been talking about you behind your back. Now you've spoiled it.

Seriously though, we were wondering where the heck you've been. You disappeared right before the Finals last year, and no one has seen you around here lately with the start of the playoffs.

Mathius

I've been posting on the site consistently throughout the season. I just haven't been involved in the Cavs forum. Frankly, I've been wondering where you have been in the main forum. I haven't seen much of you in there.

I did disappear in mid-Finals last year, though. You are right about that. I went to Bonnaroo, which was June 14-20. I missed the last two games of the series (not a bad thing, in retrospect).

By the time I got back, the season was over and there wasn't a whole lot to say.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack

I've been posting on the site consistently throughout the season. I just haven't been involved in the Cavs forum. Frankly, I've been wondering where you have been in the main forum. I haven't seen much of you in there.

I did disappear in mid-Finals last year, though. You are right about that. I went to Bonnaroo, which was June 14-20. I missed the last two games of the series (not a bad thing, in retrospect).

By the time I got back, the season was over and there wasn't a whole lot to say.
    I been around. I haven't taken part in any game threads this year, and you know how lame a lot of the topics have been this year. It's hit or miss most days.

Christ, I think I put up 2000 posts during the playoffs alone last year, and I'd be surprised if I've put up 1000 since January this year.

And don't even get me started about the Off Topic board. If you don't act like a retard, you just can't fit in. If you post anything serious, you're lucky if you don't get blasted for it. Bunch of damn kids.

Mathius

I been around. I haven't taken part in any game threads this year, and you know how lame a lot of the topics have been this year. It's hit or miss most days.

Christ, I think I put up 2000 posts during the playoffs alone last year, and I'd be surprised if I've put up 1000 since January this year.

And don't even get me started about the Off Topic board. If you don't act like a retard, you just can't fit in. If you post anything serious, you're lucky if you don't get blasted for it. Bunch of damn kids.

Mathius
    I think the NBA forum is worse than the OTC. The same retarded stuff gets discussed over and over again, and people just can't seem to accept that they might know know something about a particular issue, and noone can ever admit when they are wrong.

Too many knee jerk reactions. People don't seem to realize that it's a long season.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981
    I think the NBA forum is worse than the OTC. The same retarded stuff gets discussed over and over again, and people just can't seem to accept that they might know know something about a particular issue, and noone can ever admit when they are wrong.

Too many knee jerk reactions. People don't seem to realize that it's a long season.
    <shrug> On average the topics are worse in the NBA forum. There's nothing interesting going on most of the time.

But at least you can post in the NBA forum without too much harassment. Usually the arguments are at least thought out, even if they don't make sense.

Posting in the OT forum is an effort in futility. You just get trashed and insulted every other post.

Mathius

<shrug> On average the topics are worse in the NBA forum. There's nothing interesting going on most of the time.

But at least you can post in the NBA forum without too much harassment. Usually the arguments are at least thought out, even if they don't make sense.

Posting in the OT forum is an effort in futility. You just get trashed and insulted every other post.

Mathius
    I see your point.

The main forum does seem to have an infusion of younger, dumber posters. That said, you can still have intelligent conversations on there.

I like the OTC, but the posters on there, for the most part, are very abrasive and they will lash out on you with no just cause. I enjoy the conversations about music and movies, but that is usually as far as I go on the OTC.

If you get into a conversation about relationships, your job.... You know... Really important things...

The threads just end up getting spammed with slanderous sh!t.

Maybe this Cavs forum is the way to go. Personally, although we have our share of bone heads, I think the core Cavalier fans (you know who you are) are some of the most intelligent on this forum.

We take a lot of heat for our lowest common denominators, though.

Dunking on everybody in the park InLebronWeTrust's Avatar

Roger Clemens. Does anyone give two sh its about him. I sure as hellll don't, and yet he still gets like a 30 minute segment on ESPN every week. No one cares.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by InLebronWeTrust
    Roger Clemens. Does anyone give two sh its about him. I sure as hellll don't, and yet he still gets like a 30 minute segment on ESPN every week. No one cares.
    I just want him to get busted so he gets what he deserves. I'm so tired of people glossing over the steroid issue like it isn't a big deal.

And no, I'm not a baseball fan.

You know, I know the economy is real bad right now. There's a lot of people out of work in my area. I should be grateful that I have a job, and I'm able to get my full hours. But we've been working OT almost every weekend since the new year hit. I have had 5 weekends off since January. At first it was cool, because I was making extra money, but it got old after the first month and a half.

My friend's don't even bother to include me in plans anymore, because they just figure I'll be working. I can hardly get anything done. My truck has needed fixed for a few weeks now and I just can't make time. It really really bites.

Mathius