Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Zach Randolph and Rudy Gay Can Not Coexist

How do you guys think gay would do on the bulls?

Z-Bo > Gay

Quote Originally Posted by tikay0
    I think hed be a good fit, but the Bulls do not have assets to trade for him. The Grizzlies have no reason to get rid of him at this point either.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Z-Bo > Gay
    Agreed. Offense needs to run through Zach+Marc.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tikay0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BmQL74BQ9I

He is dynamic he would be a good fit next to Rose, some of the fade away's he was hitting over Durant last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Not to go off topic but you're the classiest, most unbiased Grizzlies fan I've seen on here, kudos. I think all teams in the finals need ONE player who emerges as the undisputed closer and who can be relied upon every game, not just every couple. The Heat in 2011 didn't have this figured out and it hurt them vs the Mavs in the finals. Yet we saw in 2012 when the Heat CLEARLY became Lebron's team he DOMINATED the playoffs and led them to the championship. Zach looked like that player in 2011 playoff run prior to his injury. Which is why I personally feel the Grizzlies offense should primarily be run through Zach+Marc who are the best bigman rotation in the NBA and unstoppable most of the time.

I was being serious earlier when I said Gay should be the Grizzlies 3rd option. Seems like when Randolph+Marc dominate, Grizzlies don't lose.
    Our offense is run through Marc and Zbo. That doesnt mean that is where it ends. Marc, point Center, gets first touches and dictates the offense based off match ups. Rudy is the #1 option (going by your definition) even though the offense is ran through the bigs. Having gasol and zbo make things much easier for gay as people clog the paint. He has shown this year that he is the one with the killer instinct that wants the ball. As someone said above zach is focusing on his work in the paint and deferring to rudy. Rudy will be the person taking the last shot %75 of shots. But as has been repeated, MATCHUPS are what dictate whos the man . Yes when marc and zbo dominate we usually dont lose. But same can be said for when rudy dominates. At rudys size, he usually has the best match up advantage as opposed to zbo.

Quote Originally Posted by ncrizzle
    Our offense is run through Marc and Zbo. That doesnt mean that is where it ends. Marc, point Center, gets first touches and dictates the offense based off match ups. Rudy is the #1 option (going by your definition) even though the offense is ran through the bigs. Having gasol and zbo make things much easier for gay as people clog the paint. He has shown this year that he is the one with the killer instinct that wants the ball. As someone said above zach is focusing on his work in the paint and deferring to rudy. Rudy will be the person taking the last shot %75 of shots. But as has been repeated, MATCHUPS are what dictate whos the man . Yes when marc and zbo dominate we usually dont lose. But same can be said for when rudy dominates. At rudys size, he usually has the best match up advantage as opposed to zbo.
    Don't even bother

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    Don't even bother
    You just said we.... then other day you said you were a Lakers fan. Make up your mind son

I usually hit open layups

Not to go off topic but you're the classiest, most unbiased Grizzlies fan I've seen on here, kudos. I think all teams in the finals need ONE player who emerges as the undisputed closer and who can be relied upon every game, not just every couple. The Heat in 2011 didn't have this figured out and it hurt them vs the Mavs in the finals. Yet we saw in 2012 when the Heat CLEARLY became Lebron's team he DOMINATED the playoffs and led them to the championship. Zach looked like that player in 2011 playoff run prior to his injury. Which is why I personally feel the Grizzlies offense should primarily be run through Zach+Marc who are the best bigman rotation in the NBA and unstoppable most of the time.

I was being serious earlier when I said Gay should be the Grizzlies 3rd option. Seems like when Randolph+Marc dominate, Grizzlies don't lose.
    Word. The problem with having Rudy as the 3rd option is that itself. Previously he wanted to be the man when Zbo clearly was. He checkout of games when things didnt roll his way and pissed off hardcore fans that notice those little things. Last year Rudy reestablished himself as the primary scorer but still didn't really lead the team as the man. He wasn't confident coming back from injury and still didn't have the right attitude. As much as I despise Clippers, i wish we had a vocal leader like Paul. Hell, last year OJ was the main guy calling out rotations and being a vocal leader on the court more than anybody on the team. Aside from that rant, I think we are finally seeing Rudy mature as our leader and go to guy. Marc is too unselfish and Zbo is embracing his role as 1B.

Forgive me for not being impressed with Gay being the top option. Last year in the playoffs all he did was chuck perimeter jumpers and be a non factor vs the Clippers. Zbo on the other hand the year before looked like the best player in the entire playoffs outside of Dirk.

You just said we.... then other day you said you were a Lakers fan. Make up your mind son
    wut

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. NBA
    Word. The problem with having Rudy as the 3rd option is that itself. Previously he wanted to be the man when Zbo clearly was. He checkout of games when things didnt roll his way and pissed off hardcore fans that notice those little things. Last year Rudy reestablished himself as the primary scorer but still didn't really lead the team as the man. He wasn't confident coming back from injury and still didn't have the right attitude. As much as I despise Clippers, i wish we had a vocal leader like Paul. Hell, last year OJ was the main guy calling out rotations and being a vocal leader on the court more than anybody on the team. Aside from that rant, I think we are finally seeing Rudy mature as our leader and go to guy. Marc is too unselfish and Zbo is embracing his role as 1B.
    I'll take your word for it that he is BECOMING that.

Agreed. Offense needs to run through Zach+Marc.
    The offense has ran through Marc and Zbo for over 2 years. This is nothing new. Obviously grizz had to adjust with zbo being out and not himself last year. Rudy had more responsibility. Now combine that experience with zbos experience leading the team in the 2011 playoffs with rudy out. Now top it off with the fact that the offense has always been run through the bigs when zbo is healthy . you have a team that has been successful despite the fact that for a basically a whole seasons worth of games you had a star player out , and a team that is currently playing its best with both players are healthy.

I dont think i can make this any clearer. As i asked earlier, Is Jamal the #1 option for the clippers right now? because he sure looks like he has been. It seems to be working out pretty nice even though Cp3 is supposed to be the #1 option, with blake being the #2

Forgive me for not being impressed with Gay being the top option. Last year in the playoffs all he did was chuck perimeter jumpers and be a non factor vs the Clippers. Zbo on the other hand the year before looked like the best player in the entire playoffs outside of Dirk.
    Ask Durant last night how Rudy Gay's ass tasted in the 4th quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    wut
    Slick edit