Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Arcadia, CA

Default Re: Q for Laker Fans who live in LA

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    My girl is a diehard Lakers fan and I told her this scenario as an example and she said hell no she'd never go to a Celtics game unless they were playing the Lakers. Even she sounda disgusted by your actions.
    C'mon son, with that many posts it's pretty obvious you're single

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Some of the posts in here lol

no matter where you sit, as long as your near center court it's fine. I've sat in the lower level a few times and it's cool, but I have season tickets in the 300's center court and it's fine. Basketball arenas are not football stadiums, the very last seats are decent if you are centered.

You can park for free if you know where to look, and if you don't mind walking 5 minutes parking is like $15 not $100 as stated previously.

Cholos don't beat you up at Laker games for wearing the other teams jersey. Dodger stadium you can get in for $5 and spend the money you saved on beers. The Lakers usually have much tamer fans as it's much more expensive to get in. I'm not saying people won't say anything, but it's usually friendly trash talking. No one is going to throw a beer on you or stab you like a Dodger game. Be prepared for some verbal abuse, but not much else unless you get really unlucky or something.

As far as ticket prices, upper levels can be as cheap at 40 or 60 dollars(at least last season...with Nash and Dwight I have no idea, prices are going up for sure). For the bigger games you're looking at a lot more money no matter where you're sitting lol
    Last edited by Colbertnation64; 08-18-2012 at 10:17 PM.

If he was going to a Sixers game... or a Thunder game etc I wouldn't say a word. It has everything to do with him going to a rivals game.
    The Celtics -Sixers rivalry is about as intense or even greater than the Celtics- Lakers rivalry.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCrayon
    The Celtics -Sixers rivalry is about as intense or even greater than the Celtics- Lakers rivalry.
    come on man let's not pretend this is true

National High School Star

If you want a cool experience look for tickets in the Premier section. Those are seats owned by Staples center in the lower bowl in the 200's section. (They'll be listed as PR1 PR2 ect.) The benefit of this area is that you enter through the vip entrance where all the courtside and suite people go. You'll also get access to suite level which has it's own bars and concessions. It's literally a separate area inside the stadium that the people in the 200's and 300's can't get to so you'll be less likely to be beat up for wearing a celtics jersey. Also depending on which tickets you have you'll have access to the royal room (I think that's what it's called) which is the bar inside staples where the famous people usually hang out. It has a fireplace, lounge, and outdoor patio with couches. The most interesting thing is that during the game you can walk in and have dinner at the buffet/restaurant that over looks the court as the game is going on. Even if you make it to your seat, the PR section has a waitress that will bring you drinks and food so you don't have to ever leave the game. (But they're slow as ****.) I've seen plenty of famous people milling around or trying to big time their way through security. (Actually who am I kidding, they always get let through.)

Not really a basketball purists experience but neither team will be your team so I figure you might want a more interesting time. I've got season tickets up in the boondocks so I don't mind upgrading my tickets and chilling and eating dinner while watching the game because I know I can always come back. This might be your only time in staples so whatever floats your boat. The other drawback is that most of these seats are blocks of corporate seats so you get lots of non-fans. Actually wait, you're a celtics fan so you don't care. This is also where the visiting players courtesy seats are around, so you'll get to see some random skanks cheering on their latest conquest or the occasional proud parent or charity kids. I think actually Jerry Buss' personal extra seats are around there too. Expect to spent 200+ depending on time of week and team playing but more likely 300+

If you want to save money, the 300's actually aren't that bad. That's where the loud fans are, which can be good or bad depending on your world view. Aside from behind the backboard, the view isn't THAT bad. It's close enough to see all the action and tell the difference between the players. Depending on the game you might be able to get tix for as cheap as 25 bucks plus fees. (The cheapest I've had to offload my seats was 25 per seat on the day of the game.)

The best place to park is off the 9th street exit off of the 110. Not because it's close, but because it's the fastest way back on to the freeway without getting stuck in the post game crush. The freeway entrance to escape LA is literally around the corner from the two lots there. There's also a metro station stop right next to staples if you wanted to try that.

On the topic of going to a rivals court. I've got no problem with doing that. In fact the one time I went to boston one of the first things I checked to see was if there was a celtic game in town. (They were one of the worst teams in the league at the time though.) I thought it would be cool to watch a game in the garden. Same as when I tried to go see a game at old yankee stadium before it was vacated.
    Last edited by monkeypox; 08-18-2012 at 10:35 PM.

My girl is a diehard Lakers fan and I told her this scenario as an example and she said hell no she'd never go to a Celtics game unless they were playing the Lakers. Even she sounda disgusted by your actions.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

My bad I threw out a quick example without thinking. I agree Celtics/Sixers is probably the most heated rivalry after the Lakers/Celtics. Point was.... go watch and enjoy all teams playing. Just not your bitter, hated rivals. Dude sounds like he's in awe of the Lakers or something which if he wasn't a Celtics fan wouldn't bug me.

Good college starter HorryIsMyMVP's Avatar

My bad I threw out a quick example without thinking. I agree Celtics/Sixers is probably the most heated rivalry after the Lakers/Celtics. Point was.... go watch and enjoy all teams playing. Just not your bitter, hated rivals. Dude sounds like he's in awe of the Lakers or something which if he wasn't a Celtics fan wouldn't bug me.
    Did you not notice that the Lakers signed STEVE NASH and DWIGHT HOWARD. I'm a huge Nash fan and if I somehow was a Boston fan I wouldn't care. I'd go just to see him play before he retires. How can you not want to see this team play?

You guys hating are morons. He wants to see a potentially all time great team.

Appreciating great basketball should come before any and all biases.

Clippersfan86 argument is a joke.

Winning>Stats

Quote Originally Posted by fsvr54
    Clippersfan86 argument is a joke.
    Clippersfan86 IS a joke.