Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: 76ers to amnesty Elton Brand

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Just read rumor Sixers readying offer sheet for Brook Lopez. PLEASE OH PLEASE. Gobb will have an epic rant, the Nets / Sixers fans death match will be scheduled for July 21st, Dwight Howard will cry in the press conference sending him to LA.

Oh please oh please oh please.
    It makes sense to go after Brook. Max him so I can tell that poster who told us he wouldn't get max

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

He shouldn't get the max just because he cannot rebound or defend. The two most coveted qualities for a center.

I'm confident that he can average 25 PPG in the right situation, which could harvest a max contract. He is very young too.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    It makes sense to go after Brook. Max him so I can tell that poster who told us he wouldn't get max
    Net fans want you to sign hump for $10 a year for 5 years so they can use the space to get Howard. Because you know, the 76ers goal is to help the Nets. Rod Thorn, who the Russian hated and made work for his friends who knew nothing about the team and forced him out, Thorn is looking to help him win titles.

I am allowed to make fun of Nets, they sound just like us Knick fans 2 years ago and we took massive shit for that.

The best if you sign Lopez will be the Nets FO calling you cheaters and then asking you not to sign him, instead they will trade him to you, you just need to send them a bunch of good young players, like half your team. Help a brother out...

Net fans want you to sign hump for $10 a year for 5 years so they can use the space to get Howard. Because you know, the 76ers goal is to help the Nets. Rod Thorn, who the Russian hated and made work for his friends who knew nothing about the team and forced him out, Thorn is looking to help him win titles.

I am allowed to make fun of Nets, they sound just like us Knick fans 2 years ago and we took massive shit for that.

Net fans do not sound like Knick fans. When the Knicks got melo it was dubbed "championship team". nothing transpired. the knicks got chandler and once more I heard "championship team. Again, nothing to see here.
    The Knicks then acquired JR. Smith and I laughed my ass off when I heard once more that the Knicks were winning it all. And let's not forget how we heard once more when Lin emerged.

We are in the mix for Howard and this would be the only time you heard us preach "we can contend"

Knick fans have been saying that for many many years and offer an excuse each time they fail to win just one game.

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    Net fans do not sound like Knick fans. When the Knicks got melo it was dubbed "championship team". nothing transpired. the knicks got chandler and once more I heard "championship team. Again, nothing to see here.
    The Knicks then acquired JR. Smith and I laughed my ass off when I heard once more that the Knicks were winning it all. And let's not forget how we heard once more when Lin emerged.

We are in the mix for Howard and this would be the only time you heard us preach "we can contend"

Knick fans have been saying that for many many years and offer an excuse each time they fail to win just one game.
    You sound exactly like Knick fans. You feel you are entitled for a team to send you a star (their star), you want the trade on your terms, the other team are morons for not gifting him to you, and the rest of the league (like Philly who you want to take Hump, not Lopez on a bad contract) exist to help facilitate your moves.

You personally are 1,000 times worse than i ever was though, because you literally think the Magic GM is a bad person and will never be respected again unless he gives you Howard.

You're funny.

You personally are 1,000 times worse than i ever was though, because you literally think the Magic GM is a bad person and will never be respected again unless he gives you Howard.

You're funny.

It's obvious that he has no idea on how to handle this howard situation. why would rich devos hire a new gm to deal with a huge situation like this. as i said previously, rob hennigan is focusing 100% of his attention looking to trade howard when he could be filling out other roster spots. to be quite honest i just want howard to be traded already so this crap can end. if it's la or brooklyn is fine with me but this is ridiculous seeing how poorly rob is addressing the situation.

the howard saga will come to a conclusion before july 11, and the funny thing is if he gets traded to LA for the SAME exact package offered two months ago, people will spit on rob and otis and asking them, why did you postpone the inevitable for so long? you got andrew and mwp for bynum. that same package was offered months ago yet you pulled the trigger just now?

my personal dilema.

If possible, best fit for brand is Okc

Da Mavs

Not a surprising amnesty at all..under cap teams have first bid, Stein says the Mavs are interested.

Question how does this work. Whatever salary Brand signs for will be deducted from the $18mil Sixers owe him? Or he gets the $18mil + whatever new contract he signs? Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Question how does this work. Whatever salary Brand signs for will be deducted from the $18mil Sixers owe him? Or he gets the $18mil + whatever new contract he signs? Anyone know?
    Salary is off books. New amount is deducted from cash Sixers pay.

Amnesty players will go through waivers, like any other player. However, teams that make claims will also enter bids. The highest bidder will get the player and pay that amount (with the balance paid by the team that cut him

If the highest bidder bids 10 million the Sixers pay 8 million.

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    Amnesty players will go through waivers, like any other player. However, teams that make claims will also enter bids. The highest bidder will get the player and pay that amount (with the balance paid by the team that cut him

If the highest bidder bids 10 million the Sixers pay 8 million.
    In cash. Entire salary is removed from cap though.

Thanks fellas.