Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    "The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

Default Re: Why Carmelo Anthony should leave the NY Bricks

"I know I'm supposed to leave Melo alone, but dude is always hurt when you need him.

Phil please renounce his rights when he opts out.

Good guy, not a player you want if winning is your goal."

Carmelo Anthony averages more points, rebounds and blocks, less turnovers...shoots better from the free throw line and 3 point line than they consensus best player in the league this year....but yea. He's the problem. It's dumb ass comments like this which is why we have a shitty fan base. Guy played more minutes than every player in the entire NBA, n it's his fault for not timing his injury around our feeble playoff push. LeBron James gets days of rest. D Wade gets days of rest. The entire Spurs team gets days of rest. Amare Stoudemire even gets days of rest. Melo....nope. Show me a player who hasn't had a bad stretch of basketball this season, and I'll show you a player who hasn't played. I've seen people on this board make excuses for Chandler being sick but Melo can't have 2 bad games in a row despite re-injuring his shoulder.

[Coach Woodson on @carmeloanthony: "He's hurting right now, but I couldn't rest him. He's giving us all he has.]

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    "I know I'm supposed to leave Melo alone, but dude is always hurt when you need him.

Phil please renounce his rights when he opts out.

Good guy, not a player you want if winning is your goal."

Carmelo Anthony averages more points, rebounds and blocks, less turnovers...shoots better from the free throw line and 3 point line than they consensus best player in the league this year....but yea. He's the problem. It's dumb ass comments like this which is why we have a shitty fan base. Guy played more minutes than every player in the entire NBA, n it's his fault for not timing his injury around our feeble playoff push. LeBron James gets days of rest. D Wade gets days of rest. The entire Spurs team gets days of rest. Amare Stoudemire even gets days of rest. Melo....nope. Show me a player who hasn't had a bad stretch of basketball this season, and I'll show you a player who hasn't played. I've seen people on this board make excuses for Chandler being sick but Melo can't have 2 bad games in a row despite re-injuring his shoulder.

[Coach Woodson on @carmeloanthony: "He's hurting right now, but I couldn't rest him. He's giving us all he has.]
    Welcome back first and foremost, I actually made that comment because I knew it would drive you to post, even though you visit the the board often anyway.

But here's the deal, compare Carmelo Anthony to Carmelo Anthony.

He isnt LeBron...LeBron has led garbage to the finals.

So has Dwight Howard, so has Dirk, even Wade has won as the best player on his team.

This isnt about his talent, every player in the NBA has talent....give Nick Young 20 shots he'll get you 20 points....even JR Smith is averaging 28 points in the month so far.

But will you win?

But Carmelo Anthony does not make a TEAM better, and sorry fam, I root for the Knicks, not the Carmelo Anthony's....but i definitely will continue to send my younger kids to his camp, if he is still here.

It doesnt take long to see what he is....a good player, a great man, not a great player, just better than average who wants to be paid more than the best....and he'll surely make the hall of fame due to his non NBA accomplishments.

He certainly could take games off, nothing is stopping him, the team sucks with him.

This isnt about Tyson...Tyson isnt opting out of his contract, Tyson isnt the alleged best player of the team, and Tyson doesnt make 23 million dollars either....Tyson isnt looking to get a new deal taking him to age 35 either.

i've already called Tyson garbage before, and he certainly takes night off with his uniform on....but Tysons job isnt to carry the team to wins.

I dont care if melo's hurt...he's always hurt, he's been hurt every season he's played with us since the trade, and these "injuries" always seem to pop up when his shooting goes to trash ....but the difference is, he's hurting the team when he plays hurt and is too stupid to sit his inefficient ass down.

His iq as a player is no better than a nightlight behind a couch.

We lose whether he plays or not, so whats the difference?

If what he does isnt good enough, then disperse that money into smaller parts that can collectively do better or get a guy who can do better....never settle.

Is this really the dude you wanna invest the next 5 years with that can only play good basketball for half a game?

The numbers dont lie in the second halves his shooting is below 40%.

He's 2-17 in the clutch for the last two years.

Be mad fam, but facts dont lie....he's not that dude.

Everything I've said was about numbers as well. And how do I "visit the site quite often." I pop my head in a few times to see wassup with the guys Ive grown to appreciate over the years. Not like I'm spying on the board or anything lol

Dude you regurgitate the same shit you hear "analyst" say and act like you know more basketball than everyone else.

Every person you mentioned has a better team than this Knicks team. You act like Chandler makes chump change. You also act like Melo is the highest paid player on the team. I haven't seen you say one thing about Amare opting out. You also act like he's faking injuries. He actually was supposed to have shoulder surgery and opted out so he could play. He woulda went as far as going under the knife to prove a point to Knickscity right? Bottom line is, you've repeatedly come at my "knowledge of the game" in the past. I just wanted to quickly point out how "smart" you are with a few #s of my own.

He might not be "that dude" to you, but when you are better in that many statistical categories than the best player in the world, and your teammates still aren't "better" then maybe they suck. And I guess he had nothing to do with us winning over 50 games last year right? Funny how you mention Nick Young, but when I was advocating us signing him, all you cared about was us bringing back Shitioni. Ha. Compare THOSE numbers. Has nothing to do with me being "mad at you". Has everything to do with you insulting my intelligence, but saying things like "Carmelo Anthony is garbage" and "Pablo Prigioni is a perfect PG for the triangle" and "Pablo Prigioni is clearly the best PG on this team". Says a lot about your bball IQ...not mine.

Sucks because I really liked posting here but somewhere along the way you really started feeling yourself. We're all every day dudes with every day jobs and lives. Somewhere, you decided being mod made you an analyst...despite the fact that you just repeat shit you heard guys like Mike Breen and Steve Kerr say. I've gone back and forth with guys like Rameek and Bano about things all the time. Opinions are opinions. But when you started acting like I don't know shit about basketball, or suggesting I only root for Melo and not the team....when I've been a Knicks fan my entire life AND have been posting here LONG before Melo even got here, THAT is where I fell back. I'm not gonna retaliate and say you don't know shit...but let's not forget your favorite Knicks since I've been here have been Josh Harrelson, Pablo Prigioni and Jared Jeffries.

btw, Melo had an AWFUL game. Remind me what Prigioni's stat line was in his glorious 17 minutes of play though. And then remind me how different that is compared to any other Prigioni performance. But Melo is "garbage"
    Last edited by franchize; 04-07-2014 at 02:31 PM.

Everything I've said was about numbers as well. And how do I "visit the site quite often." I pop my head in a few times to see wassup with the guys Ive grown to appreciate over the years. Not like I'm spying on the board or anything lol

Dude you regurgitate the same shit you hear "analyst" say and act like you know more basketball than everyone else.

Every person you mentioned has a better team than this Knicks team. You act like Chandler makes chump change. You also act like Melo is the highest paid player on the team. I haven't seen you say one thing about Amare opting out. You also act like he's faking injuries. He actually had shoulder surgery. He went as far as going under the knife to prove a point to Knickscity right? Bottom line is, you've repeatedly come at my "knowledge of the game" in the past. I just wanted to quickly point out how "smart" you are with a few #s of my own.

He might not be "that dude" to you, but when you are better in that many statistical categories than the best player in the world, and your teammates still aren't "better" then maybe they suck. And I guess he had nothing to do with us winning over 50 games last year right? Funny how you mention Nick Young, but when I was advocating us signing him, all you cared about was us bringing back Shitioni. Ha. Compare THOSE numbers. Has nothing to do with me being "mad at you". Has everything to do with you insulting my intelligence, but saying things like "Carmelo Anthony is garbage" and "Pablo Prigioni is a perfect PG for the triangle" and "Pablo Prigioni is clearly the best PG on this team". Says a lot about your bball IQ...not mine.

Sucks because I really liked posting here but somewhere along the way you really started feeling yourself. We're all every day dudes with every day jobs and lives. Somewhere, you decided being mod made you an analyst...despite the fact that you just repeat shit you heard guys like Mike Breen and Steve Kerr say. I've gone back and forth with guys like Rameek and Bano about things all the time. Opinions are opinions. But when you started acting like I don't know shit about basketball, or suggesting I only root for Melo and not the team....when I've been a Knicks fan my entire life AND have been posting here LONG before Melo even got here, THAT is where I fell back. I'm not gonna retaliate and say you don't know shit...but let's not forget your favorite Knicks since I've been here have been Josh Harrelson, Pablo Prigioni and Jared Jeffries.

btw, Melo had an AWFUL game. Remind me what Prigioni's stat line was in his glorious 17 minutes of play though. And then remind me how different that is compared to any other Prigioni performance. But Melo is "garbage"
    Let me know when Pablo makes 23 mil and plays 38 minutes a game.

Lets get the cat out the bag...your gripe against me is I talk about his inability to drive the team to WINS.

If I slobbed on Melo every day, you'd have no offense.

Say what you will, but all I care about is wins, i want everyone gone...I've stated that since the beginning of the season.

I'm not pulling to keep anyone on the team.

Find one post where I've questioned your basketball knowledge and I will formally apologize, but I do like you.

I dont care for accusations without facts to back them up.

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    Let me know when Pablo makes 23 mil and plays 38 minutes a game.

Lets get the cat out the bag...your gripe against me is I talk about his inability to drive the team to WINS.

If I slobbed on Melo every day, you'd have no offense.

Say what you will, but all I care about is wins, i want everyone gone...I've stated that since the beginning of the season.

I'm not pulling to keep anyone on the team.

Find one post where I've questioned your basketball knowledge and I will formally apologize, but I do like you.

I dont care for accusations without facts to back them up.
    That's actually not true at all. I have no issue with criticism of any player. In fact, I myself have criticized Melo on numerous occasions. I just think things should be kept in perspective. And if me being liking the clear cut best player on our team makes me a "dickrider" in anyone's eyes, they can have their opinion. And if Pablo played 38 minutes a game and was paid 20 million, he still still would average the same amount of points. He's played the majority of the season and has been to the FT line like 11 times I think Cole Aldrich has more attempts.

I've stated my stance on the matter numerous times. I just grow weary of NY fans massacring quality players the few times we get them, and letting other guys who are grossly over paid and over rated slip under the radar (see Tyson Chandler, Pablo Prigioni, Steve Novak). My issue also is, on the list of who deserves blame, Melo should be at the bottom because he's contributed more for the Knicks than anyone on this team. Yet he seems to be public enemy #1. If he moves up the latter because of his contract, then why isn't Amare getting bashed more? Amare takes self imposed rest days whenever he wants. Passes far less than Melo when he does get in the game. Plays FAR less defense. Rebounds less. Makes documentaries about himself on the eve of playoff series in which he's not participating in. Gets injured punching an extinguisher...then goes to the media yesterday talking about how he doesn't get the ball enough. He's also ripped his coach for not playing him more. Like he's not on a minutes restriction for a reason. Oh yea...and he makes more than Melo. Tyson Chandler makes 14 million dollars and averages less blocks per game than Andrea Bargnani. Averages ONE more rebound per game than Melo. Dollar for dollar, Melo's production FAR surpasses them. My only issue has been the lack of consistency among the criticism. One guy clearly stepped up his play this year. Can't really say that for any other player on the Knicks. Yet said player is usually the blame for lack of wins. Like we didn't just come off a 54 win season. If you're gonna examine wins, but not examine the real reasons why we aren't winning, then what are we really talking about.

As for what you said, I remember it but I do not remember where it is posted as it was a while ago. Nor do I want a "formal apology." Not that serious. Besides, who the **** am I to request you to apologize to me? It is what it is.

That's my quarterly for the year. I've reached my quota lol. To anyone reading this. I pop my head in from tme to time. I still enjoy you guys posts. Not trying to steer you away from here but I frequent a new site called ThreetotheDome. com which is run with a Disqus chat style so responses are a little bit more instantaneous. Myself and a bunch of other Knicks fans write articles there sometimes if you wanna check it out. Once again, not trying to stop you from coming here though. Just take a look in the meantime. Peace
    Last edited by franchize; 04-07-2014 at 09:27 AM.

Comparing a pg to a center using ft attempts.

But anway, find the post, if you can rant about being offended put in the work to prove it.

Comparing a pg to a center using ft attempts.
    No. I'm comparing a player who plays 20 minutes a game and has played 62 games to a guy who plays 5 minutes per game and has played 42 games. If it makes you feel better, compare FT attempts of Toure Murry and Pablo Prigioni.

Matter fact. Don't. You win. Pablo Prigioni is the best PG we've had since Clyde Frazier lol

No. I'm comparing a player who plays 20 minutes a game and has played 62 games to a guy who plays 5 minutes per game and has played 42 games. If it makes you feel better, compare FT attempts of Toure Murry and Pablo Prigioni.

Matter fact. Don't. You win. Pablo Prigioni is the best PG we've had since Clyde Frazier lol
    Fam, youre the one upset. I didnt go into hide mode, you did, but i can see you.

And the only reason you posted is to defend Melo, the post is proof.

Ive stated plenty of times i want all these guys gone.

Every single one.

But the schitck with you is comical....

The star shoud be praised even when they dont win anything.

Sorry. Not about that life.

Fam, youre the one upset. I didnt go into hide mode, you did, but i can see you.

And the only reason you posted is to defend Melo, the post is proof.

Ive stated plenty of times i want all these guys gone.

Every single one.

But the schitck with you is comical....

The star shoud be praised even when they dont win anything.

Sorry. Not about that life.
    Hide mode? I CLEARLY said I'd come here from time to time but I'd fall back from posting as much. I said this in multiple post. And that's exactly what happened. Correct or incorrect? Once again, kinda feeling yourself aren't you? I don't have a "schtick". I've also defended Marbury when I felt people unfairly put all the blame on him. I also defended Wilson Chandler who I felt didn't get the respect he deserved. These are just opinions. Nobody is petitioning for these guys lol I thought this was the point of the forum. To share opinions Nobody said anyone should be praised. I simply said, and I repeat, I think fans should be consistent and don't be a hypocrite. You chose otherwise. I chose to go elsewhere more often and post here less often. I still read you guys posts from time to time, because, as I said before, I value a lot of you guys opinions. But to act like I'm secretly dickriding you like some thirsty broad on Facebook is a joke. I did exactly what I said I was gonna do. Not that serious yo.

NBA rookie of the year

Sucks because I really liked posting here but somewhere along the way you really started feeling yourself. We're all every day dudes with every day jobs and lives.
    Not me, I'm better than all of you.

Observe:

I only care about wins. I want everyone gone.

That is the dumbest outlook. To think that to win games you should start all over and it will magically jump the getting better part and go straight from terrible to great.

You are saying it's not worth going and getting the guys to do the things Carmelo can't. Rather start over until you have one better than everyone talent. Or it's not even worth trying.

You are almost done w amare and chandler and don't want to try to get a guy or two. You'd rather need to get 3 or 4?

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    I only care about wins. I want everyone gone.

That is the dumbest outlook. To think that to win games you should start all over and it will magically jump the getting better part and go straight from terrible to great.

You are saying it's not worth going and getting the guys to do the things Carmelo can't. Rather start over until you have one better than everyone talent. Or it's not even worth trying.

You are almost done w amare and chandler and don't want to try to get a guy or two. You'd rather need to get 3 or 4?
    This team is not a guy or two away from winning anything mraningful, unless were getting lebron and durant.

Krust Kingz

If the Knicks didnt overpay Jax to come here I would have gladly been all for a total redo. This team has never built a team properly since Ewing. At some point this team should develop their own drafted players to build around.

With that said. I pray Jax doesnt overpay Melo to come back. If he opts out and wants over 20 mill per then I think the Knicks need to go in a different direction.

So to clarify I dont think he should opt out and I dont mind resigning him for a reasonable price.

As much as I dont think Melo is the best player to build around he is here and I dont know if and when the Knicks will even come close to getting that good of player in the near future. This guy needs major help for this team to be anything remotely close to a contender and if he is going to eat that much cap space and not really put this team in contention then his salary should reflect that.

Its hard to buy a roster of players and the Knicks need to realize that ASAP.

This team is not a guy or two away from winning anything mraningful, unless were getting lebron and durant.
    Nah, dragic and Ryan Anderson would do. Kevin love and a decent starting gaurd

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    Nah, dragic and Ryan Anderson would do. Kevin love and a decent starting gaurd
    This is not fantasy basketball you need to have assets to make trades for players unless its a clear salary dump or problem child.