Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: #23 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops

David Robinson. He really just was a plain better player then Dirk, and there isn't much of a way around it. Robinson's just plain better then Isiah too.
    Last edited by magnax1; 09-06-2012 at 02:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    David Robinson. He really just was a plain better player then Dirk, and there isn't much of a way around it. Same with Isiah.
    What about in the Playoffs?

I still dont get why LeBron is at 11.. Its almost the same as saying Joel Anthony is the GOAT center..

Its too late for me to ask this but LeBronytes should not be allowed to vote here and their opinion should not be taken seriously..

Btw vote for DRob..

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    then you can go **** yourself
    Necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by KOBE143
    I still dont get why LeBron is at 11.. Its almost the same as saying Joel Anthony is the GOAT center..

Its too late for me to ask this but LeBronytes should not be allowed to vote here and their opinion should not be taken seriously..

Btw vote for DRob..
    hey bro, who are your top 25? you mentioned your top 10 a few weeks ago, but I haven't seen your full rankings

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    David Robinson. He really just was a plain better player then Dirk, and there isn't much of a way around it. Same with Isiah.
    Evidence ? Where is it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    What about in the Playoffs?
    Yeah, seriously...

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

That....followed by:

...is just a great laugh.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Mikan.

David robinson could put up 13/6 and lose in the first round with a 74 winteam while Dirk wins the title....next season starts....hes gonna be considered better than Dirk.

Dirk isnt Hakeem or....Shaq. he had a great run...but there was never a serious "Dirk is the best player" push league wide. Be kinda like Lebron.

Lebron played like ass in the finals....second the season starts...watch the basketball being played and be honest about it...he was still clearly the best player in the world. Not like he had to win the title to prove he was the best months earlier.

The playoffs matter. It doesnt mean someone who is one of the best defenders ever while also being a 30ppg scorer who can lead the league in rebounds, run the floor like a swingman, do eurostep dunks around Michael Jordan, pass his ass off and rack up quadruple doubles plays worse basketball than someone who shoots at an amazing rate.

Fair or not....David robinson is almost a lock to be considered the best or second best player in the NBA the last several years if he were around in his prime.

Dirk could win it all...he still wouldnt overtake him....just as he didnt Lebron and Durant. You get your month or two long bump....but people dont totally change who #1 is over who won it all.

Kinda like I remember wade being like half the boards #1 after 06 and now people act like Kobe had it beyond debate.. That ring winner love just doesnt last without the year after year dominance.

To be fair Kblaze, wasn't Dirk a serious 'best player' candidate player circa 06 or 07?

Well that depends on if "Serious" means a lot of people who arent just his fans think it. Kobe would have blown away Dirk in any poll of fans, coaches, gms, or anything else those years. What I think may be a bit different. But he wasnt gettnig that #1 spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Well that depends on if "Serious" means a lot of people who arent just his fans think it. Kobe would have blown away Dirk in any poll of fans, coaches, gms, or anything else those years. What I think may be a bit different. But he wasnt gettnig that #1 spot.
    I think I see what your trying to say.

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Kid7
    I think I see what your trying to say.
    Yes, just the many of his subtle shots at Kobe.
    If anyone actually believes that Dirk was a better player then Kobe in 06' or 07', then seriously log off and never return.

Ironically Kobe outscored Dirk's entire team through 3 quarters during one of those seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    David robinson could put up 13/6 and lose in the first round with a 74 winteam while Dirk wins the title....next season starts....hes gonna be considered better than Dirk.

Dirk isnt Hakeem or....Shaq. he had a great run...but there was never a serious "Dirk is the best player" push league wide. Be kinda like Lebron.

Lebron played like ass in the finals....second the season starts...watch the basketball being played and be honest about it...he was still clearly the best player in the world. Not like he had to win the title to prove he was the best months earlier.

The playoffs matter. It doesnt mean someone who is one of the best defenders ever while also being a 30ppg scorer who can lead the league in rebounds, run the floor like a swingman, do eurostep dunks around Michael Jordan, pass his ass off and rack up quadruple doubles plays worse basketball than someone who shoots at an amazing rate.

Fair or not....David robinson is almost a lock to be considered the best or second best player in the NBA the last several years if he were around in his prime.

Dirk could win it all...he still wouldnt overtake him....just as he didnt Lebron and Durant. You get your month or two long bump....but people dont totally change who #1 is over who won it all.

Kinda like I remember wade being like half the boards #1 after 06 and now people act like Kobe had it beyond debate.. That ring winner love just doesnt last without the year after year dominance.
    Blaze, my view isn't about just the playoffs or Dirk's 2011 run. It's more about the comment of Robinson and Zeke being "just plain better".

I know Robinson is the better overall player and brings more things than Dirk to the table, but I would like to consider the playoffs too. And Dirk is just flat out better in the playoffs to me, which I have to consider a lot.

I do agree that Robinson gets underrated a lot because he mostly got overshadowed by the the likes of Shaq and Hakeem in the 90's. Then was Duncan's sidekick for their title runs. If he was playing today in his prime, he's a Top 2 player at worst.

Also, I know you didn't comment on Zeke (which is was made by magnax1), which was the bigger reason my comment was made (unless you were commenting someone else). It's one thing to mention Robinson. Sure, I can see the case or more of it, but I disagree to some extent. But I don't see how magnax1 can just say Zeke is "just plain better" than Dirk too. I can't role with that.

Isiah is a tough one. Its like asking if Chris Paul is better than Dirk. It isnt in the numbers...but anyone who watched Isiah knows he wasnt really playing the kind of game best for his numbers.

Plenty of times the Pistons would be going to Dantley or even James Edwards types in his Bad Boys days. He picked his spots and often shot like shit due to little but the number of one on one plays he might need to pull out of his ass in bad spots.

Dirk vs Isiah is kinda asking if you rather have an elite but not #1 point or elite but not #1 4....I wouldnt say its clear cut either way.

But I hate that Isiah has become his numbers to so many fans. I remember mini fro Isiah. Much more free.

Isiah is a guy who dropped 16 in 90 seconds to force OT. Scored like 43 in the finals much of it on one foot hopping around back when 40 was a lot....

He wasnt scoring 18 a game because he couldnt do better. He played a team game and let others shine quite a lot and it worked out. He was the unquestioned leader of those teams though.