Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    GiveItToBurrito
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Hint:NBA Rigging Lottery To Give Knicks #1 Pick

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    As a Knicks fan, I am so sick of hearing the lottery is rigged. It's so moronic at this point. The highest pick the Knicks ever got since Ewing, if I'm right, was Gallinari last year when Knicks picked 6th. And yes, Knicks once again lost in lottery.

Can we stop already? Knicks executives are probably there simply because its freakin' convenient. It's right across the river!!!!!

Enough already. Wouldn't Knicks have Lebron if the draft was rigged?

Of course, if the Knicks actually do get lucky and get #1 pick, that's all the trolls on this board will be talking about all summer long.
    This. And if it's just a matter of the league wanting to give the Knicks a great young point guard to pair with D'Antoni, why didn't they let them win last year and pick Derrick Rose? Or let them win a few years ago when Paul and Williams were available? Or let them get a high enough pick to take Brandon Jennings this year? The conspiracy stuff has to stop; some things work out and look great in hindsight, but there have been too many random, wtf moments in draft history for it to be some kind of grand plan. Like, why didn't the Hawks win the lottery when Dwight Howard was available? Or why didn't the Jazz win it when Bogut was the number one pick? Why didn't the Celtics get Oden or Durant?

I like the nonsense that the NBA rigs the lottery especially for the NYK. Yet Yao Ming and Lebron James end up in cities other than NY. Why? If the NBA rigs the draft for NY to catipult it back into the limelight. Why didnt Stern and company give NY LEbron or Yao Ming? Hold your weak excuse/reasoning.

When was the last time the NY Knicks picked #1 in the draft? But again Stern and the NBA rig the lottery in thier favor. Yeah so I'm going to sit here and believe this utter nonsense by our usual suspect threadstarter that Ricky Rubio is the guy who will land in NY and turn that franchise around because D'Antoni has a system that should make Rubio look awesome.

The last time my mind made up such silly scenerios i was in 6th grade.

And last time i checked when did Ricky Rubio become better than Chris Paul who was said to be the most talented PG to enter the draft since Jason Kidd. Why didnt stern just give the NY Knicks franchise Chris Paul? Again hold your weak excuse/reasoning please.

Though it seems a little far fetched, the lottery process has been weird enough the past few years it wouldn't shock me if something was up.
    List examples.

Banned

Ricky Rubio:

Best case: Michael Jordan

Worst case: Jerome James
    Head case: Ron Artest

Suit case: Packed

Pillow case: Stuffed

Good college starter Valliant13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    Again, I hear you, but learning angles and court savvy won't cut it at the lead guard position. In the other three spots quickness on defense isn't so much of a factor, but lack of lateral movement means that just about any guard he faces is going to be able to get in the lane.

Look at the havoc that Aaron Brooks is causing because the Laker guards, most notably Fisher, can't keep him in front of them. My feeling is that Rubio is going to be shocked when he gets on the same court with the speed that he'll see on a nightly basis.

I'm not wishing him ill, just calling it the way I see it.
    Very fair. And as a Raptors fan I am well aware of the damage having a spanish PG that can't prevent penetration wreaks: I suppose I just rank his athleticism a bit higher than you, and suspect it will improve even more once he gets in a good plyometic program. He also has great size and length for the postion (a legit 6'3 plus with very long arms) that should allow him to play off his man somewhat and still contain him.

Good discussion, much appreciated.
    Last edited by Valliant13; 05-15-2009 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Foster5k
    Rubio going to be the poor mans Jason Kidd. That is my opinion, of course it could be wrong. Anyhow, it's too early to tell, so I can't say for 100% sure he will be a bust, but I think he will. I highly doubt he will have a good rookie season. We'll see.

Valliant13: You make some good points man.. but I just don't see Rubio being what people think he is going to be. You actually think he will be John Stockton like? Can you explain?
    Whoa...I just meant that of all the white PG he actually had something in common with Stockton (namely his man defense, court vision, and ability to play the passing lanes). Stockton was a much better shooter, and obviously an all time great that Rubio should hope and pray to ever be on par with.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    pfffft....Ricky Rubio will be a poor mans past his prime Gary Payton

I doubt he'll be that bad, but you never know...

You make some good points. I'm just going on my gut feeling. You guys starting to make me like Rubio a little more. Like I said, I could be wrong. I also could be right about him being a bust.

We gotta wait and see. I'm not even going to bash him that bad, if he has a terrible Rookie season. I will wait to cast final judgment, in like 2 seasons possibly 3.

Of course, if the Knicks actually do get lucky and get #1 pick, that's all the trolls on this board will be talking about all summer long.
    You know if NYK doesnt win the lottery there will be threads that they will win it next year to take John Wall. Any guesses who makes that thread?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I like the nonsense that the NBA rigs the lottery especially for the NYK. Yet Yao Ming and Lebron James end up in cities other than NY. Why? If the NBA rigs the draft for NY to catipult it back into the limelight. Why didnt Stern and company give NY LEbron or Yao Ming? Hold your weak excuse/reasoning.
    Yao went to Houston, because Houston is a major city and has a large asian population and because his handlers made it clear before the Draft he wouldn't play in certain cities, like Memphis for example.

LeBron went to Cleveland because Cleveland couldn't get any lower than the 3rd pick due to their poor season and because Akron is nearby to Cleveland, which makes it seem like the "Hometown Kid" story.

When was the last time the NY Knicks picked #1 in the draft? But again Stern and the NBA rig the lottery in thier favor. Yeah so I'm going to sit here and believe this utter nonsense by our usual suspect threadstarter that Ricky Rubio is the guy who will land in NY and turn that franchise around because D'Antoni has a system that should make Rubio look awesome.
    Knicks last picked #1 in 85, and have only had 5 Lottery Picks since 1985.

They had a stretch of 16 years before picking in the Lottery again.

The last time my mind made up such silly scenerios i was in 6th grade.
    In 1972.

And last time i checked when did Ricky Rubio become better than Chris Paul who was said to be the most talented PG to enter the draft since Jason Kidd. Why didnt stern just give the NY Knicks franchise Chris Paul? Again hold your weak excuse/reasoning please.
    Nobody has yet to mention Chris Paul, and to answer your question the Knicks werent in the 2005 NBA Draft Lottery and Starbury was their PG at the time.

GOBB arrives in a thread,posts nonsense,argues the nonsense, and then takes a nap before repeating the process.

I seriously hope your pacemaker stops.

You know if NYK doesnt win the lottery there will be threads that they will win it next year to take John Wall. Any guesses who makes that thread?
    Man oh man...now there is talent worth tanking for. If people think Rose is an explosive for a PG wait until they see this kid. Nicely skilled player as well. I can't wait to see him play NCAA ball.

Banned

*Looks Around*

Good High School Starter

In New Jersey.

Fail.
    Apparently you are a moron with no sense of Geography.

Seacaucus is LITERALLY 5 miles from Madison Square Garden..

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie...=N&tab=wl&um=1

check it out on the map.

Just admit it, you didn't know this and made a stupid thread.

It's ok..people will forget eventually

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Foster5k

I doubt he'll be that bad, but you never know...

You make some good points. I'm just going on my gut feeling. You guys starting to make me like Rubio a little more. Like I said, I could be wrong. I also could be right about him being a bust.

We gotta wait and see. I'm not even going to bash him that bad, if he has a terrible Rookie season. I will wait to cast final judgment, in like 2 seasons possibly 3.
    Thank You.

Players like Rubio who have such other good tools that they can rely on just dont end up as Busts, they may not meet expectations but unless they suffer a serious injury they usually stick around as role players.

If Rubio doesn't become worth his #1 or #2 draft spot he'll still probably stick around in the NBA as a defensive PG or as a back-up PG.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxed
    Apparently you are a moron with no sense of Geography.

Seacaucus is LITERALLY 5 miles from Madison Square Garden..

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie...=N&tab=wl&um=1

check it out on the map.

Just admit it, you didn't know this and made a stupid thread.

It's ok..people will forget eventually
    Nope.

I knew this and once again

Seacaucus,New Jersey is not New York City.

5 Miles, 5 Minutes, 5 Lightyears its not in New York City like you claimed and yes you were wrong.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Valliant13
    Man oh man...now there is talent worth tanking for. If people think Rose is an explosive for a PG wait until they see this kid. Nicely skilled player as well. I can't wait to see him play NCAA ball.
    Pffft...Wall is a poor mans Steve Francis when he played for the Knicks.

Pffft...Wall is a poor mans Steve Francis when he played for the Knicks.
    I strongly, strongly, disagree with that. First and foremost he's not a selfish, me first, player that refuses to learn the game. Secondly he is already a better passer and rebounder and defender..and naturally a pass first point, not a undersized shooting guard that can't shoot.