Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: NSA whistleblower Snowden arrives in Moscow

Quote Originally Posted by DCL
    the united states was once a great country.

too bad our kids and grand kids will never experience that feeling.
    I think they will, and it will grow into something even better. They're just going to have to be the ones to pick up the pieces when the house of cards that is our "economy" really comes tumbling down.

The net around Snowden is closing a bit:

Correa says helping Snowden was a mistake and Ecuador won't grant him asylum:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...nowden-mistake

Putin says Snowden won't get asylum in Russia if he doesn't stop leaking: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-23135734

Snowden issued a statement (although it looks to be ghostwritten by Wikileaks):
    http://wikileaks.org/Statement-from-...n-in.html?snow

Snowden is going to have a nervous breakdown at some point. The pressure on him must be immense. I wonder how he is living in the airport, where his money is coming from and so forth.

Has there been any visual confirmation that snowden is actually in moscow? As far as I know, he has not given any interviews and has not even been photographed since arriving in Russia. Remember when all those reporters jumped on that plane to Cuba that Snowden was supposedly flying on.... did any of those reporters make it back to Russia yet?

Despite what Putin might be saying, I am starting to think that Snowden was never in Russia. My guess is that either the entire Russia thing is a rouse created by Snowden to draw attention away from his actual travel plans, or that the US govt already captured snowden and they are the originators of this Russia rumor.
    Last edited by Nanners; 07-03-2013 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolando
    Snowden is going to have a nervous breakdown at some point. The pressure on him must be immense. I wonder how he is living in the airport, where his money is coming from and so forth.
    He used to have a 6 figure salary, so he should have a decent amount saved up. Furthermore, he's probably getting financial help from Wikileaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    Has there been any visual confirmation that snowden is actually in moscow? As far as I know, he has not given any interviews and has not even been photographed since arriving in Russia. Remember when all those reporters jumped on that plane to Cuba that Snowden was supposedly flying on.... did any of those reporters make it back to Russia yet?

Despite what Putin might be saying, I am starting to think that Snowden was never in Russia. My guess is that either the entire Russia thing is a rouse created by Snowden to draw attention away from his actual travel plans, or that the US govt already captured snowden and they are the originators of this Russia rumor.
    Eh, Snowden flew from HK to Moscow and is now held at the local airport hotel in Russian custody. He hasn't appeared in public, but I can't see a reason why Russia would allow him to do that while he is in their custody and his situation remains unclear.

Too many parties involved for this entire Snowden in Russia thing to be a ruse.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Eh, Snowden flew from HK to Moscow and is now held at the local airport hotel in Russian custody. He hasn't appeared in public, but I can't see a reason why Russia would allow him to do that while he is in their custody and his situation remains unclear.

It has to end soon. How much Russian room service can any sane human take?

Snowden allegedly flew from HK to Moscow. There are no photographs of Snowden boarding the plane in HK, no photos of him on the plane in transit, and no photos of him de-planing in Moscow. Also, he has not done a single interview or any sort of public appearance whatsoever since arriving in Russia. You dont think that is a little strange?

We are living in the smartphone era, there are more than a billion people on this planet have cameras in their pocket at this moment, yet as far as I can tell the last time anybody saw photographic evidence of Snowden was when he was being interviewed in a HK hotel room 2 weeks ago. Seems bizzare to me considering how many people are looking for this guy.

The fact that many parties are involved with this is not mutually exclusive from the possibility that this is all a ruse.
    Last edited by Nanners; 07-03-2013 at 03:08 PM.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Am I the only one that thinks Eric from True Blood looks like him?

Snowden allegedly flew from HK to Moscow. There are no photographs of Snowden boarding the plane in HK, no photos of him on the plane in transit, and no photos of him de-planing in Moscow. You dont think that is a little strange?

We are living in the smartphone era, there are more than a billion people on this planet have cameras in their pocket at this moment, yet as far as I can tell the last time anybody saw photographic evidence of Snowden was when he was being interviewed in a HK hotel room 2 weeks ago. Seems quite strange to me considering how many people are looking for this guy.

Also, the fact that many parties are involved with this is not mutually exclusive from the possibility that this is a ruse.
    I don't think it's strange at all. Airports can be some of the most controlled, secure places in the world when they have to be.

This guy is not necessarily out there flying coach, sitting in the back of the plane. He's not necessarily entering the airport through the main entrance walking around looking for his gate, stopping to buy some Toblerone. He's arriving at, moving through and leaving from these airports through non-public channels. He's one of the last guys on the plane and the first off the plane. The only real opportunity for anyone to photograph him is either the crew or one of the limited number of business class travelers. With, in this case, the FSB waiting on the other side.

I don't think it's strange at all. Airports can be some of the most controlled, secure places in the world when they have to be.

This guy is not necessarily out there flying coach, sitting in the back of the plane. He's not necessarily entering the airport through the main entrance walking around looking for his gate, stopping to buy some Toblerone. He's arriving at, moving through and leaving from these airports through non-public channels. He's one of the last guys on the plane and the first off the plane. The only real opportunity for anyone to photograph him is either the crew or one of the limited number of business class travelers. With, in this case, the FSB waiting on the other side.
    So Snowden is avoiding the public and reporters by moving through airports through "non-public channels"? Why are airports allowing Snowden to do this? Also, source please.

So the people in business class dont have smart phones? Reporters dont fly business class?

So Snowden is avoiding the public and reporters by moving through airports through "non-public channels"? Why are airports allowing Snowden to do this? Also, source please.

So the people in business class dont have smart phones? Reporters dont fly business class?
    He was given emergency travel documents from Ecuador to travel in the first place, you think that type of stuff happens at the regular booth at the airport? And there actual was a ton of news coverage of a massive FSB and governmental presence waiting for Snowden's arrival in Moscow, so obviously he didn't go through the regular channels there.

People in business class have smart phones, but if you think a handful of people in a random Aeroflot business class section are standing in line to take photos of Snowden you need a dose of reality. Most of the people there either don't care, don't even know the story or know better than to meddle in Russian state affairs.

You want to believe the conspiracy a bit too bad. Asking for me to show proof this isn't a conspiracy?! Why the hell would you think China, Russia and Wikileaks would be working together so merily? Sounds a bit insane to me.

He was given emergency travel documents from Ecuador to travel in the first place, you think that type of stuff happens at the regular booth at the airport? And there actual was a ton of news coverage of a massive FSB and governmental presence waiting for Snowden's arrival in Moscow, so obviously he didn't go through the regular channels there.

People in business class have smart phones, but if you think a handful of people in a random Aeroflot business class section are standing in line to take photos of Snowden you need a dose of reality. Most of the people there either don't care, don't even know the story or know better than to meddle in Russian state affairs.

You want to believe the conspiracy a bit too bad. Asking for me to show proof this isn't a conspiracy?! Why the hell would you think China, Russia and Wikileaks would be working together so merily? Sounds a bit insane to me.
    China, Russia and Wikileaks do not need to be "merily working together" in order for Snowden to be somewhere other than Moscow right now.

Show me one single photograph of Snowden on his plane ride or inside Russia, or any actual evidence other than "the media says hes inside Russia", and I will happily shut my mouth about this conspiracy. Prove me wrong.
    Last edited by Nanners; 07-03-2013 at 03:57 PM.

China, Russia and Wikileaks do not need to be "merily working together" in order for Snowden to be somewhere other than Moscow right now.

Show me one single photograph of Snowden on his plane ride or inside Russia, or any actual evidence other than "the media says hes there", and I will happily shut my mouth about this conspiracy.
    The HK and Russian governments say he's there, as well as Wikileaks. None of them is the media.

Its funny to me how intense the manhunt is for this guy.. Revoked his passport, Pulling planes out of the sky...

Seems you are a bigger criminal in the government's eyes if you happen to snitch and tell their secrets to the public, then if you are a real criminal.

Obama Admin isnt looking like "change we can believe in" right now... all the various scandals, this NSA thing, NDAA, force feeding prisoners in Guantanimo (prisoners who should be freed by now)

Looking more like the sequel to the Bush years...