Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Local High School Star Shaquille O'Neal's Avatar

Default Re: Ok, LeBron(3 time MVP) is having his best season but Durant is a clear MVP favorite

Quote Originally Posted by FindingTim
    this is what terrifies me.
    I'm afraid Durant will win the MVP because he is more "fresh", but to me, Lebron is CLEARLY the Most Valuable Player. Objectively, it's not even close. Especially with this absurd tear he has been on of late.

[COLOR=Indigo]FG/FGA last 13 games:[/COLOR]
    9/11
    11/18
    13/14
    10/16
    9/17
    10/18
    14/31
    9/14
    12/23
    17/25
    11/20
    13/19
    7/10

those aren't free throws, those are field goals.
    in his "worst" game, he shot a "pedestrian" 9/17-- 53%
    Where did you learn math professor?
    14/31 is lower than 53%...

Default Re: Ok, LeBron(3 time MVP) is having his best season but Durant is a clear MVP favorite

Top 3 MVP Candidates.

1. LeBron James
    2. Kevin Durant
    3. Russell Westbrook

All interchangeable and the award could go to any of those three.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Lebron has a glorious troll face going on right now on the espn nba homepage.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115

James had a much better year last year. He had the best season of his life and one of the best seasons in recent years. He was incredible, from beginning to end. He's a better player now, but his season isn't as good as last year's. It's not even close. So bug off.
    This isn't even an argument. What was he doing better last year than this year? He had worse stats, was a worse shooter, driver/slasher, decision maker, turned the ball over more, relied more on fastbreak points, and was just clearly worse by the eye test. Present a real argument please, rather than just nonsense rhetoric that isn't supported by any evidence at all.

You're making yourself look like an idiot here. He's a better player this season, and he's also playing better than last year... but somehow he had a better season last year?

Banned

The Cavaliers were hungrier. But this Miami team is still better. I'm certainly not mistaking anything for anything. Lebron is, by FAR, the best player in the league. He is not having by far the better season. It's not obvious. Looking at what he can do and seeing what he does in stretches is not the equivalent of the whole season. These last few weeks, with Durant going off in points, aren't even up to par with what he was doing earlier in the year. It's just an example of stats not telling the whole story. Kinda like Lebron and assists. But Lebron has gotten better and it's not because of shooting percentage, as it does look like he keeps it in mind sometimes. James has been getting better and if he stays this way he'll be well out in front in no time.

James had a much better year last year. He had the best season of his life and one of the best seasons in recent years. He was incredible, from beginning to end. He's a better player now, but his season isn't as good as last year's. It's not even close. So bug off.
    How is last season better than this one please tell me. The only thing he was better at was averaging .2 more scoring but at least this year he is shooting 3% better from the field which I'll take any say over .2 points. LeBron is averaging less fresthrows than last year and scoring more from the field. He is rebounding more and assisting more. And his 3 points shooting and shooting overall is much better.
    Last edited by BrickingStar; 02-09-2013 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by che guevara
    This isn't even an argument. What was he doing better last year than this year? He had worse stats, was a worse shooter, driver/slasher, decision maker, turned the ball over more, relied more on fastbreak points, and was just clearly worse by the eye test. Present a real argument please, rather than just nonsense rhetoric that isn't supported by any evidence at all.

You're making yourself look like an idiot here. He's a better player this season, and he's also playing better than last year... but somehow he had a better season last year?

Listen, you're dumb enough to bother me. If you can't understand the logic of being a better player but not having a better season, then it's because you don't get anything. It's not that difficult to grasp, even if you disagree.

The eye test is exactly why he is not as good this year. He's averaging 0.2PPG less, in 1 more MPG of playing time. He's averaging 0.2RPG more in that extra minute. His assists are up and his turnovers are down. That is impressive. As is his FG%, which is also impressive. However, I also already gave my opinion on an issue with his passing up shots because of FG% and, instead of acknowledging or even trying to shoot it to the ground, you disregard it. Good, don't regard it.

He's getting fewer points in transition because he isn't playing anywhere near the defense that he played last year. That defense was the most impressive thing in his game during the last regular season and it's a lot less impressive this year and even if he doesn't maintain the recent level of defensive play and reverts back to earlier in the season form, you will still have him on your All-Defensive 1st Team. His off the ball movement is less impressive this year than last year. He doesn't cut to the basket and make himself as available for teammates to assist him. But you're not going to disagree, you're going to try and talk shit. Keep it to yourself. Anything regarding James is a stupid topic to get into. I'm out.
    Last edited by Whoah10115; 02-09-2013 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BrickingStar
    How is last season better than this one please tell me. The only thing he was better at was averaging .2 more scoring but at least this year he is shooting 3% better from the field which I'll take any say over .2 points. LeBron is averaging less fresthrows than last year and scoring more from the field. He is rebounding more and assisting more. And his 3 points shooting and shooting overall is much better.

He played better last year. Noticeably better. His defense was better. His off the ball game was better. He had greater impact last season.

Banned

Listen, you're dumb enough to bother me. If you can't understand the logic of being a better player but not having a better season, then it's because you don't anything. It's not that difficult to grasp, even if you disagree.

The eye test is exactly why he is not as good this year. He's averaging 0.2PPG less, in 1 more MPG of playing time. He's averaging 0.2RPG more in that extra minute. His assists are up and his turnovers are down. That is impressive. As is his FG%, which is also impressive. However, I also already gave my opinion on an issue with his passing up shots because of FG% and, instead of acknowledging or even trying to shoot it to the ground, you disregard it. Good, don't regard it.

He's getting fewer points in transition because he isn't playing anywhere near the defense that he played last year. That defense was the most impressive thing in his game during the last regular season and it's a lot less impressive this year and even if he doesn't maintain the recent level of defensive play and reverts back to earlier in the season form, you will still have him on your All-Defensive 1st Team. His off the ball movement is less impressive this year than last year. He doesn't cut to the basket and make himself as available for teammates to assist him. But you're not going to disagree, you're going to try and talk shit. Keep it to yourself. Anything regarding James is a stupid topic to get into. I'm out.
    Why would you even bring up the .2 scoring from last year? It's no question he's a better scorer this year. He only averaged .2 more scoring and HAD 1.5 more free throw attempts per game while lebron is scoring more from the field this year with 3% more efficient. Along with the fact his 3 point shooting has DRAMATICALLY improved taking more 3's a game and shooting 40% from there. He's also like you said a better facilitator this year by far with more assist and less TO. Defense hasn't even changed when he steps it up when he has too either don't act like he's lost it.

Banned

He played better last year. Noticeably better. His defense was better. His off the ball game was better. He had greater impact last season.
    All subjective with no substance

Quote Originally Posted by Ikill
    I don't think Lebrons having his best season he won 60+ games in 09 and 10 with weaker supporting casts. Durants having a great year too his scoring is legendary and his all around game has been solid too. OKC also has a better record despite Durant having a weaker supporting cast.

Why would you even bring up the .2 scoring from last year? It's no question he's a better scorer this year. He only averaged .2 more scoring and HAD 1.5 more free throw attempts per game while lebron is scoring more from the field this year with 3% more efficient. Along with the fact his 3 point shooting has DRAMATICALLY improved taking more 3's a game and shooting 40% from there. He's also like you said a better facilitator this year by far with more assist and less TO. Defense hasn't even changed when he steps it up when he has too either don't act like he's lost it.

Why? Because he brought it up and then I went into the stats.

And who ever suggested that he lost it? We're talking about the season. He steps it up when he really has to, but his overall defense isn't as good.

All subjective with no substance

I guess it's all subjective, isn't it? Or do you have the definitive number?

Local High School Star

Listen, you're dumb enough to bother me. If you can't understand the logic of being a better player but not having a better season, then it's because you don't get anything. It's not that difficult to grasp, even if you disagree.
    No, I understand that perfectly; it's an incredibly simple concept. The problem here is that he's clearly having a better season this year, as anybody who's willing to look at the numbers, or watch the games will tell you. He's a million times more capable of creating this year, as every Lebron fan has been talking about since the start of the season.

The only game this year where you could accuse him of passing up shots is the Bobcats game, which they won anyway. Otherwise, it's just an improvement in his shot selection - why would he take a shot he doesn't have a good chance of making?

He's getting fewer points in transition because he isn't playing anywhere near the defense that he played last year. That defense was the most impressive thing in his game during the last regular season and it's a lot less impressive this year and even if he doesn't maintain the recent level of defensive play and reverts back to earlier in the season form, you will still have him on your All-Defensive 1st Team.
    Lol, what evidence do you have of this? He was slacking on D for the first 5-10 games, but he's been fine there ever since. Not to mention he had stretches last year (particularly the first couple weeks after the allstar break) where he slacked on D. The numbers don't support this either, let's look at his on-off:

2012:
    On: 100.1 opponent DRTG
    Off: 101.7
    -1.6 overall

2013:
    On: 104.5
    Off: 108.2
    -3.7 overall

So he's helping his team MORE this year defensively when he's on the court; Miami's worse defense this year is a team problem, not a Lebron problem, as anybody who actually watched the games or looked at the numbers could tell you.

His off the ball movement is less impressive this year than last year. He doesn't cut to the basket and make himself as available for teammates to assist him. But you're not going to disagree, you're going to try and talk shit. Keep it to yourself. Anything regarding James is a stupid topic to get into. I'm out.
    Yeah, too bad that's not supported by the numbers. Last year he was assisted on 35.7% of his shots, this year, it's 39.2%; if you want to look at assisted shots at the rim, last year it was 46.7%, this year it's 52.6%. So you're completely wrong on that one, his off ball play has been better. Again, as anybody who actually watched the games could tell you. His improved 3 point shooting has been incredibly valuable, he's now a legit floor spacer, which he wasn't last year. And let's just look at his overall offensive impact, just to disprove your theory that he had more impact last year:

2012:
    On: 110.5 ORTG
    Off: 98.1
    +12.4 overall

2013:
    On: 115.0
    Off: 102.2
    +12.8 overall

Keep in mind, the better an offense is, the harder it is to improve it, so it's really more than just a .4 point improvement. It's much easier to take a garbage offensive team and turn them into a good one, than it is to take a mediocre offensive team and turn them into a great one.

And lol @ you running away when you get destroyed in an argument. I wouldn't have talked shit if your opinion had any basis in reality whatsoever, but you just spewed subjective nonsense that was completely contradicted by the facts and acted like it was an argument.
    Last edited by che guevara; 02-09-2013 at 07:37 PM.

Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by heavensdevil
    Lebron is going off, no question, But I think the Voters will give it to KD this year. KD is also having an amazing season and could be viewed as MORE VALUABLE to his squad...

Take Kd off OKC, and they will likely struggle, take Lebron off the Heat, and they still have All-stars Chris Bosh and Wade, and future HOF Ray Allen.
    Lol Durant is more valuable to his squad? Durant is supposed to be their best scorer, while Lebron is supposed to be their best scorer, playmaker, rebounder and defender. You are just so wrong, dude.

If Lebron doesn't get it this season it'll be only due to people being sick of giving it to him. I don't give a shit about Lebron, but he's clearly the best player in the game, with a HUGE gap between him and Durant.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by arifgokcen
    Dude wow you are pathetic.Combined joel-bosh frontcourt averages 14,9rpg
    Combined ibaka-perkins averages 18.1rpg per 36 both.Not that you understand but that difference is not tiny

Maybe you are a moron but 3.2rpg difference is a lot.If miami was averaging 3.2rpg more,they would 15th instead of 30th in rebounding.Moreover joel doesnt play that much battier play pf more than joel plays center.So lebron assumes rebounding responsibilities.Without lebron rebounding miami wouldnt win games without durant rebounding OKC would still win because of all the above average rebounders.

You are a complete moron.
    lebron wants all the stats in the world thats why his teammates arent motivated to play with him. It happened to oscar robertson thats why that guy was a loser. It happened to 32 8 8 jordan, thats why he was a loser too in his early career. It could happen to lebron too had he not joined his best friends coz nobody wants to play with lebron. Hes just too selfish to share stats to his teammates. Its the reason why 30 6 4 jordan is more impactful and won 72 than 32 8 8 coz that jordan trusted his teammates.

Remember when jordan said that the time when he involved his teammates or sacrificed stats is the day he started winning. So that means that 30 8 8 jordan didnt involve his teammates despite the 8 apg. Just like robertson aka the most overrated player didnt involve his teammates despite 8 apg. Thats why I dont think lebron is the most impactful player, its durant. The record says for itself. Durant is having the same season as 30 6 4 jordan while lebron is another 32 8 8 jordan or another oscar who happens to have better teammates.