Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Smush Parker responds to Kobe Bryant

BluntBE

(Love the honesty and pure bluntness of Kobe)

Learning to shoot layups

Can't say I'm surprised.

We all know about Kobe's attitude and that he and Smush never got along.

Smush should be smart about it and write a book. He'd make a lot of money, or get sued for defamation of character...either way he should get his story out there.

Quote Originally Posted by TyroneNBAFan
    Can't say I'm surprised.

We all know about Kobe's attitude and that he and Smush never got along.

Smush should be smart about it and write a book. He'd make a lot of money, or get sued for defamation of character...either way he should get his story out there.
    Exactly. And if he got sued, it's be a ton of free publicity: "Read the book that Kobe doesn't want you to see!" I want to know the full story, dammit.

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

i respect kobe's greatness but god, he is so spoiled when it comes to having great teammates. basically, of his 15 year career, only 2 years he had a cast which could be classified as below average. the other 13, his cast has ranged from pretty good to completely stacked.

really, let it go kobe. guys like lebron and GP and tmac have played with casts just as bad, for much longer.

GP made the playoffs with Shard Lewis, Ansu Sesay, Ruben Patteson, Brent Barry, and earl watson as a top 6 rotation guy. GP ran with that squad 3 years. Even he didn't cry like Kobe.

I get Kobe doesn't care too much about the media hating him, but why's he acting so classless and childish. It's been over 6 years since you played with Smush, why's he bringing it up again. It's good he's honest and all, but some things should just be said in private. No need to belittle Smush.

Banned

Smush is irrelevant these days so what does he do? He talks bad about Kobe. Now he's relevant again.

It's no secret at all that Kobe's a dickhead. Always has been, always will be.
    Really, nothing more need be said. Yet this thread will go 50 pages.
    No people really need to get this. People need to understand that Kobe is a poisonously bad human being and that it takes his team almost as many steps back as his sheer skill and talent bring it forward.

I have never heard anything like that before. I have played with huge egos, and of course all the greats have huge egos. 40 year old MJ called Kwame Brown a "flaming f@gg0t" once. But that's nothing like the smoldering disdain that Kobe has for everyone besides himself that isn't intensity, and not even ego, but a guy whose soul has turned into a black hole.

And people are like "well he won a title recently, and one time I remember he only took 2 shots in the first half of a game, he was passing, so, um, he gels with his teammates now, big props to Kobe!"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hipballinjigga
    Former LA Lakers point guard Smush Parker is calling out Kobe Bryant for being a diva who treated his teammates like crap -- and it comes just hours after Kobe blamed Parker for costing him a huge trophy 7 years ago.

Parker played with Kobe during the 2005-06 season, and tells TMZ the Lakers great is only lashing out because he once dared to say Kobe was "overrated" as a teammate.

Parker's never explained what he meant by that, but now tells us ... Kobe "told me out his own mouth that I couldn't talk to him. That my accolades under my belt weren't deserving enough for me to talk to him." He also says Kobe didn't talk to most of his teammates.

Parker says he's opening up about Kobe's diss because Kobe told reporters earlier today ... he lost the '05-'06 NBA MVP trophy to Steve Nash because he was surrounded with no-talent players that season.

Kobe said, "I tell Steve, you won MVP, but I was playing with Smush Parker."

Kobe piled on more, saying ... "He shouldn't have been in the NBA but we were too cheap to pay for a point guard. So we let him walk on."

Parker, who's currently hooping overseas, says his stats prove he was far from "the worst" ... as Kobe claims ... and adds, "People lie, numbers don't."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz292JiguJ3

Link: http://www.tmz.com/2012/10/11/kobe-b...-smush-parker/
    kobe was right

Quote Originally Posted by swi7ch
    Smush is irrelevant these days so what does he do? He talks bad about Kobe. Now he's relevant again.
    Kobe was the one who started all this nonsense. Oh well, you guys will defend him regardless of what he does.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by daily
    I'm a huge Kobe fan but this should be below him. He's made it, he's a big named player destined to go down as one of the greatest to ever step on the court yet he still gets into these petty moments where he feels the need to step on some no-names throat just because he can
    it's true, smush parker cost Kobe valuble championship years and MVP years.

In other words Kobe was playing all-time great level basketball and should have been contending for trophies but was surrounded by scrubs like Mihm, Brown, Walton and Smush Parker.

If it wasn't for smush parker, Kobe could have had 7 rings by now and 2 more MVPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    kobe was right
    Consider the kinds of perimeter players the Spurs are a perennial title threat with. Roger Mason? Something Green? I can't even remember any of their names. Many of them wouldn't make most teams' rosters. They have Matt Bonner start at C a lot of the time. And who is Kuwai Leonard, and why is he in the NBA, nevermind starting? They make it work because everyone feels like a superstar, or at least like something valuable, on the Spurs. Nobody feels like that on the Lakers, not even all-stars, and it's obvious whenever you watch the Lakers play that the only guys who have ever felt like good players who played with Kobe were Shaq and Derek Fisher (because he will never let anybody convince him that he's actually not very good. It's amazing really.)

Decent playground baller KingMichael23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ihoopallday
    I get Kobe doesn't care too much about the media hating him, but why's he acting so classless and childish. It's been over 6 years since you played with Smush, why's he bringing it up again. It's good he's honest and all, but some things should just be said in private. No need to belittle Smush.
    I think it's cause Smush dissed him in a interview he had first. Kobe didn't talk about Smush until now.

Local High School Star lakerspng's Avatar

talk to him about what though exactly?

If Kobe's saying you can't even talk to me, you're below me in a normal two guys talking sense... that's weak.

If Kobe's saying don't talk to me about how to play or how to run the team, etc in that context, then yeah Smush doesn't have enough under his belt to talk to him about that.

Never heard anything but positive about Kobe from the many people I know who have met him or worked with him... find it a little farfetched with no context. was told directly from a former NBA front office guy, Kobe was the best guy to work with out of anyone he dealt with on the regular. Patient, understanding and always lived up to his obligations without bitching or complaining like the majority of players.

Quote Originally Posted by KingMichael23
    I think it's cause Smush dissed him in a interview he had first. Kobe didn't talk about Smush until now.
    Kobe continuously brings him up. It's gotten to the point where it's embarrassing to see Kobe acting like this.

Fu*k smush parker
    Scrub.