Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST Theoo's Daddy's Avatar

Default Rank your team's draft picks...

I give the Heat a B+, Riley addressed the PG issue. And by the looks of it, dude is athletic and can create his own shot/Can knock down shots. He's a snr, so the growing pains won't be that much.. Good job Riley.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Default Re: Rank your team draft picks...

We still need a Center. Hopefully we can land Dalembert.

Iman Shumpert gets a B from me. The Knicks made no other picks and do not even try to make me admit otherwise.

C- what was up with the last 2 picks. Come on lakers

Quote Originally Posted by KOBEtherealKing
    C- what was up with the last 2 picks. Come on lakers
    i think the 56th pick was for denver but the last pick i really dont know

Rockets.

B- more power forwards? our 14th pick isn't terrible but we need a 3 and Leonard was still on the board...now if Morey can somehow turn this into Josh Smith then this draft becomes an A
    Last edited by rezznor; 06-24-2011 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DStebb716
    Iman Shumpert gets a B from me. The Knicks made no other picks and do not even try to make me admit otherwise.
    Honestly we would have been better off taking the best available player at 17 and buying a late first to take Shumphert if we really wanted him. At least we would have had a tradable asset. I'm pissed that we passed up on Marshon Brooks.

I give the Knicks a D because that's what Shumphert is supposed to bring.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Default Re: Rank your team's draft picks...

Jonas Valanciunas

B+

I would've been happy with either Kanter, Knight or Val. The Raptors suck. They suck A LOT. There isn't a single player on the team right now that deserves even a mention as an All-Star contender. For those reasons, I'm glad the Raptors went with a high risk pick that has a chance of being a high reward. If he doesn't pan out, so be it because most of the players chosen behind him probably won't either. Best-case scenario would be that the Raptors have a great young PF-C combo with Ed Davis and Valanciunas for many years to come and hopefully another lottery pick next year to finish the rebuilding.

NBA Finals

Kyrie Irving: A
    People tend to believe that you have to have a superstar PG to win in this league and that's why Irving should go there. that's untrue because, even though they lost, Mario Chalmers was the Heat's starting PG and the Grizzlies lost in the Conference Finals with Mike Conley at PG. I give this an A because we already have 3 PGs (Baron, Session, Gibson) two of whom are on the same level or above Conley/Chalmers. Irving and Williams are the two best guys in this draft and are future stars imo so im content with this pick.
    Tristan Thompson: C-
    It was kind of a reach at #4. Dont get me wrong, i think he'll be a starter in the NBA but he plays the same position as JJ and if we really wanted him, we couldve just traded down. I really like what his potential though, just hate that we already have a guy at his position.
    Our 2nd rounder will likely stay overseas, and plus idk who he is. So A+ there

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Raptors- Jonas Valanciunas

C

This guy has some good potential apparently but he won't be over for atleast another year and at the end of the day.... Brandon Knight was on the board and the Raptors didn't pick him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bano114

Honestly we would have been better off taking the best available player at 17 and buying a late first to take Shumphert if we really wanted him. At least we would have had a tradable asset. I'm pissed that we passed up on Marshon Brooks.

I give the Knicks a D because that's what Shumphert is supposed to bring.
    Mike D'Antoni lives on ISH. Defense is a pretty important part of the game. Marshon Brooks is going to be GREATTTTT, but he isn't what we need. Shumpert will bring a good level of D. Best player available was Chris Singleton and should've been the pick, but Shumpert is no CHUMP...ert.

My Pimp Hand Is Lethal Wonder Bread Kid's Avatar

Spurs: A

Get size and defense at the 3 with Leonard.

Get size and shooting with Bertans at the 4.

Get a potential stud of a guard in Adam Hanga.
    Last edited by Wonder Bread Kid; 06-24-2011 at 12:49 AM.

Decent playground baller LaysUpBricks's Avatar

Kings A- (for the draft picks, not the terrible trade we made today)
    Jimmermania- It addresses an open PG position and brings outside shooting to a team that desperately needs it. Jimmer has amazing work ethic and is determined to prove others wrong and show others what he can do, not what he can't do.

Tyler Honeycutt- Kings have been trying to address the SF position and picked Honeycutt with the 35th pick when he was projected to go in the middle to late part of the first round. Tayshaun Prince type body with a lot of room to improve. That leaves a Casspi trade likely.

Isaiah Thomas- Kings loved his workout and he brings a good change of pace and good value for the last pick. Him and Pooh Jeter are basically the same size though.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Bismack Biyombo - A

Kemba Walker - A

Should be two huge contributors and fills huge team needs.

Josh Selby- B for getting him at 49 and his potential considering how highly he was recruited (#1 out of highschool) but he had a weird year.

I give it a C though overall because John Diebler was still on the board and the Grizzlies desperately need 3 point shooters and I saw his workout videos with the Grizzlies and they really liked him and he was just as deadly then as in college.